X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bakla
    • Oct 2006

Re: International Ordering

My question was a simple, "Can you provide the VAT refund form?" As a business, they should have that. That way, if I have it shipped within the country and/or out of it, I can have my proxy get it back at the airport or I can mail it in myself. So retarded.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Yea, I don't get it either. I didn't know it was an 'option' to be honest, I thought they have to deduct VAT if the buyer is outside of EU.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="the breaks"]^What he said. I almost never order anything internationally unless I can be sure the value will be marked down on the package or if it's a place I know from experience I won't get hit with customs (yoox [64]).
        [/quote]

funny thing is (and fyi to you as well breaks), I've never had to pick up a package from japan at customs, for some reason they all come straight through unlike US shipments. most I of course try to get marked down, but I've gotten a couple of dozen packages through japanauctioncenter and they always mark the exact value,yet they've never gone to customs. I dont mind of course, but its quite odd, maybe they're jsut very picky about american packages or someone doesn't understand the amounts marked in yen [83]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

Got an email from DHL today - Browns is sending out my order overnight, after weeks of delay, but after I called the Mens store and inquired. Granted, it's free shipping because I ordered before Dec.24th, but at least it got marked down in the interim. We'll see if I get charged customs duties for it. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Joe
            • Jun 2007

Have read alot about japan proxy services, but not going to buy anything from y! just from some stores like mindtrive - but can't really figure out which one to use. Which proxy would be the best/cheapest to use for just regular store pickups? A proxy that marks down, is a big plus.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

sharpservice is cheapest. mixed reviews here, still worth trying. they have a dedicated thread.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Orochi
                • Sep 2007

I've recently tried Shopping Mall Japan and have found their communicationsand shipment to beprompt, and their service fees quite reasonable.Their site interface is a head-scratching mess though.

Rinkya is excellent in every way but their fees are outrageous. I'd personally give Sharpservice a try, given the positive reviews.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Well, I've placed two separate orders with Pollyanna so I'll let everyone how that goes...On a good note though, they only charge $30USD for shipping which isn't much at all and they said I should receive my order under 7 days.

Comment

• Buckwheat
                    • Sep 2006

Pollyannahas beenvery good in my experiences. They charge about $30 for shipping like you have mentioned and they marked much lesser value for custom and sonotax worry. Plus they use express shipping so you can get your items very quick.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Yea, they've been very responsive with emails and the website seems to have a very good live stock system which is always good.

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

[quote user="the breaks"]^What he said. I almost never order anything internationally unless I can be sure the value will be marked down on the package or if it's a place I know from experience I won't get hit with customs (yoox [64]).
                        [/quote]

funny thing is (and fyi to you as well breaks), I've never had to pick up a package from japan at customs, for some reason they all come straight through unlike US shipments. most I of course try to get marked down, but I've gotten a couple of dozen packages through japanauctioncenter and they always mark the exact value,yet they've never gone to customs. I dont mind of course, but its quite odd, maybe they're jsut very picky about american packages or someone doesn't understand the amounts marked in yen [83]

[/quote]

Now you mention it I've had the exact same thing happen to me on 2 occasions.

I'm imagining a 50-something customs worker examining the japanese markings with a quizzical expression, then just throwing the package aside with a "Meh" [74]

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

[quote user="Joe"]

Have read alot about japan proxy services, but not going to buy anything from y! just from some stores like mindtrive - but can't really figure out which one to use. Which proxy would be the best/cheapest to use for just regular store pickups? A proxy that marks down, is a big plus.

[/quote]

What i usually do unless i need something quick is send a quote request to each of the major proxies on sufu (jake unkutt, sharpservice, parachutes) and see who comes up cheapest.

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Joe
                            • Jun 2007

Thanks for the tips, will try sharpservice, and your advice the breaks. :)

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Well, I've placed two separate orders with Pollyanna so I'll let everyone how that goes...On a good note though, they only charge $30USD for shipping which isn't much at all and they said I should receive my order under 7 days.[/quote]

you should call them and see if they can combine shipping.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Yea, I thought of that but unfortunately for me, my first order was sent out just days before I placed the other! DOH! But that's my indecisiveness that caused that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎