• Oct 2006

Re: International Ordering

Cas, you need to take a deep breath and let your wallet rest! [86]

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Yea, I thought of that but unfortunately for me, my first order was sent out just days before I placed the other! DOH! But that's my indecisiveness that caused that.[/quote]

you forgot the first precept of SZ, buy now, think later.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

George- Yea I know....sale time just kills though! :D

Faust- lol, yea, exactly! But to be honest, I was just thinking on something and then just decided to buy it later....but ah well.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Orochi
          • Sep 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

So this is where I got it from.....I'll make sure I tell that to my future credit counsellor....

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Casius"]Yea, I thought of that but unfortunately for me, my first order was sent out just days before I placed the other! DOH! But that's my indecisiveness that caused that.[/quote]

[/quote]

Also its corollary, "Buy now, think about how to sell it later."

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

Also its corollary, "Buy now, think about how to sell it later."

[/quote]

I firmly believe this is a Superfuture disease that found its way here.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Honestly, I sell things to fund something else, but all of the things I've sold; I either buy to sell or just don't wear them. Everyone's sold shit on here though so I don't think it's a 'superfuture' kind of thing.

Not to say I've never felt buyer's remorse or anything but that happens to the best of us. :)
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

[quote user="the breaks"]^What he said. I almost never order anything internationally unless I can be sure the value will be marked down on the package or if it's a place I know from experience I won't get hit with customs (yoox [64]).
                  [/quote]

funny thing is (and fyi to you as well breaks), I've never had to pick up a package from japan at customs, for some reason they all come straight through unlike US shipments. most I of course try to get marked down, but I've gotten a couple of dozen packages through japanauctioncenter and they always mark the exact value,yet they've never gone to customs. I dont mind of course, but its quite odd, maybe they're jsut very picky about american packages or someone doesn't understand the amounts marked in yen [83]

[/quote]

as hilarious as it is, I was just hit with ?150 customs today.. DOH.

tihs is the second package from japan that has gone to customs out of several dozen so not bad in that sense, but I'd still prefer not topay?150for nothing. guess I won't be using japanauctioncenter any more, they refuse to mark values down and not only that, but they include a fucking paper invoice!I've gotten around the markings on a customs sticker a few times, but theres nothing I can do when theres a invoice on top of the box [:(]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• my friend goo
                    • Oct 2007

question for people that have used luisaviaroma - do they email you to let you know once stuff has shipped out?

my order was delayed a bit because it was my first order and they needed some final confirmation from the bank thing, but my bank called me for authorization confirmation on monday and i haven't heard from luisa since.

thanks in advance!

Comment

• aruva
                      • Dec 2007

[quote user="my friend goo"]

question for people that have used luisaviaroma - do they email you to let you know once stuff has shipped out?

my order was delayed a bit because it was my first order and they needed some final confirmation from the bank thing, but my bank called me for authorization confirmation on monday and i haven't heard from luisa since.

thanks in advance!

[/quote] I bought from them regularly a couple of years back. They always lack in communication and most of the time I had to call them to chcek whether they shipped my items. I do not remember if they email you.

Comment

• bakla
                        • Oct 2006

So I sent an item to London but because I declared the full value for the sake of the insurance I placed on the shipment, the recipient is afraid of getting charged up to 2/3 the value declared. Are London duties that insane? He claims VAT, import tax and whatnot will pump up up a $600 by as much as $400. My experience is nothing like that, but I'm curious to learn what people who live in the UK know. Can anyone confirm or refute?

Comment

• awlouie
                          • Sep 2007

Has anyone had any shopping experience with Mcbrands.com in Italy?

They seem to want a lot of information like social security # and seems expensive to ship!

Thanks [85]

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                          -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

She actually tried selling here once, with no success.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Got a question that hopefully someone can answer (otherwise it'll be a Skype call at some point), but does anyone know if KH in Cologne, Germany ships internationally? And if so, do they deduct VAT and declare items as gifts with low values?

The exchange rate is brutal. a 12-13% savings can feed a small family for a year.

Thanks in advance to anyone that knows/can easily find out!![B]

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

what're you trying to buy????????? [66]
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢