Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fncyths
    • Apr 2010

a bag of it >

don't you know it's the playoffs man, zam is court side calling all the shots so I doubt you'll hear back from him until the spurs aren't in need of his services any longer

seriously though, dealing with zam can be an awesome flawless deal or a 4 month drawn out headache. the beautiful construction of his clothes override the ratio of construction / complication. Any issue I've had with him he's handled in a stand up way. if you're happy let him know, if there's an issue to be resolved let him know. exercise patience and gratitude.

I think alot of szers forget the backdoor star treatment they get by being able to communicate with a lot of the designers on here directly as opposed with dealing with sa's, retail stores or showrooms

don't abuse your hall pass
    Originally posted by Shucks
    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
    Originally posted by interest1
    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• djt00
      • Apr 2013

I have bought several times from Zam. I can really recommend him. Usually Zam ships fast and always reliably, so if you don't get tracking, don't worry. Zam offers great quality products at a reasonable price. I have two pairs of minimalist j-jeans in different fabrics, tailored minimalist hoodie, overlocked wool sweater, two different beanies, wool scarf and siamese belt.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by a bag of it View Post
        Wanted to follow up on my last post about ZB. The package arrived today, no tracking was ever provided even after emailing the tracking email. Zam also never sent a message as he said he would (in the above post). Most importantly, he sent me the wrong item (coated pants instead of regular). Also, the measurements provided seem to be inaccurate and the size 48 actually fit smaller than the 46 even though the provided measurements indicated otherwise. The construction quality on the pants appeared to be very high. However, there was an issue with the fly not lining up correctly on one of the pants. Overall I am quite disappointed with the whole experience, especially after hearing such great things from all of you guys.
        He'll sort it out. It's getting close to Paris and he must be incredibly busy putting the new collection together and he has a small team. The man works 24/6 (observes Sabbath) - have a little patience.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• a bag of it
          • Jan 2014

you guys are right, I'm just being impatient. Everything is working out fine, just slower than I would have hoped. I should really just be happy we have this awesome relationship with such a great designer.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Not to justify our actions as I acknowledge that some of the concerns raised on here are legitimate ones.
            I usually dont address these issues publicly but just to touch on it here:

There is generally a difference in buying an item from the web store as opposed to buying an item on SZ.
            Web store Items are prepackages and there is a clear system that does not involve me when an item is purchase from the store so those items are generally processed faster.

When an item is bought on SZ, I deal with it directly and it can, an often does result in a slower process. these items are generally samples/ overruns etc, and while they are in pristine condition, i have to inspect and preapre everything to first rate condition before shipping.
            All in all, you will never buy an item from me and not receive it. we are not scammers, we just ask for your patience and all will be well.

When it comes to custom orders its a different subject and often times there is so much to do here that the process takes longer than we personally would like.

In all things, please use the email address: tracking@zambarrett.com.............Kymoya is good at replying to you in follwing up with shipping info
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

again great service from sacha at série noire
              Last edited by Shucks; 06-09-2014, 04:13 AM. Reason: bold face

Comment

• rationalgaze
                • May 2014

Sartorialoftla

I would like to drop in a quick good word for David and Oliver from Sartorialoft.

Both of them were very prompt and polite to all my noob questions both pre and post-purchase. Visiting the store was a fantastic experience and I hope I get a chance to do business with them again!

Comment

• delicious_not
                  • Dec 2012

has anyone ordered something from ssense recently after their sale started? how long did it take for them to ship your order?

Comment

• abouta6oy
                    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by justinhere View Post
                    Dealing with LN-CC,i have such bad experience with them. I ordered a Lanvin theme jacket from them last week and they sent a stupid shirt to me.They answered the jacket is missing in warehouse just now and ask me to do a lot of paper work to help them return this shirt from US back to UK by DHL and only return 17 GBP to my account. That's real dumb!
                    I bought a jacket in M size but they sent my a LARGE size...

Comment

• excelsiom
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                      has anyone ordered something from ssense recently after their sale started? how long did it take for them to ship your order?
                      well under 48 hours.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by abouta6oy View Post
                        I bought a jacket in M size but they sent my a LARGE size...
                        i've also had less attentive customer service from ln-cc as of late (and yes, i mean before the sales period started). nothing major, but compared to what i've been used to from them earlier, it makes me wonder what's going on inside the company at the moment...

Comment

• stagename
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by excelsiom View Post
                          well under 48 hours.
                          Seconded. Ordered at 3PM got the item at noon the following day. I'm close to their distribution center, though.

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          i've also had less attentive customer service from ln-cc as of late (and yes, i mean before the sales period started). nothing major, but compared to what i've been used to from them earlier, it makes me wonder what's going on inside the company at the moment...
                          They've been acquired recently, right? I'm also curious to see how this will impact the store...

Comment

• abouta6oy
                            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                            They've always been like this. They don't even take off the VAT for non EU customers, unless u ask

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

They've always been like this. They don't even take off the VAT for non EU customers, unless u ask
                              Speak for yourself, their service has always been highly praised on SZ. The store went through some massive changes recently though, which might've affected their operations.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

What Lowrey said.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎