Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the breaks
    • Sep 2007

And I'm sure you were just dying to give them more business too! :P
    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• 550BC
      • Jan 2013

think they improved by now otherwise Campbell from Darklands won't recommend his customers to take a look there as well. I just had a bad experience, won't mean it will be the same for everybody. in store its probably better, I don't recommend to buy online
      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• LelandJ
        Banned
        • Apr 2014

550BC

Having a tailor replace the lining wasn't an option for you? I can't imagine it costing more than 120 euros to fix less a shearling?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
          think they improved by now otherwise Campbell from Darklands won't recommend his customers to take a look there as well. I just had a bad experience, won't mean it will be the same for everybody. in store its probably better, I don't recommend to buy online
          Campbell should be the last person chiding someone about customer service, lol.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Campbell should be the last person chiding someone about customer service, lol.
            Big +1 to this.

Comment

• newp
              • Feb 2013

Well Estefania from Darklands is really nice lady in terms of customer support and online sales assistant.

I haven't tried to return anything though, from what I heard this is when most people encounter problems with Darklands.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by newp View Post
                Well Estefania from Darklands is really nice lady in terms of customer support and online sales assistant.

I haven't tried to return anything though, from what I heard this is when most people encounter problems with Darklands.
                Yeah, because

yes and if you are one of those very few that live in the EU, completely ignore and disrespect our policy and order something - then demand to return it for money back (citing this ridiculous EU law) then yes - it will be the last item you ever buy from us online.

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

I have returned once and credit stored for a year. No problem so far..
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• Law
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                    Yeah, because
                    Was that an actual post here or taken from an e-mail?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Law View Post
                      Was that an actual post here or taken from an e-mail?
                      Originally posted by Darklands View Post
                      we require a level of commitment from our clients - if a Credit Note or exchange does not suffice then we suggest shopping elsewhere.

there should be no surprises - our return policy is clearly stated on the site and if asked before buying (as often happens with first-timers) we are very quick and direct to answer what our policy is. with our clients - this is never an issue.

yes and if you are one of those very few that live in the EU, completely ignore and disrespect our policy and order something - then demand to return it for money back (citing this ridiculous EU law) then yes - it will be the last item you ever buy from us online.
                      Here's the post.

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                        Yeah, because
                        Well, this quote hurts, not an attitude I expect from niche clothing shop representative going public.

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                          • Apr 2009

Well, this quote hurts, not an attitude I expect from niche clothing shop representative going public.
                          Pretty much that quote made me stop purchasing from Darklands.

I now buy most my stuff from the local shop W19 here in Gothenburg, Sweden. Owners are extremely friendly. Always offering you coffee, and when I wanted a red Sellam jacket for myself (he'd only done red women's before from what I know) they called Sellam directly and asked if he had the leather I wanted. They don't sell online, but if anyone is visiting west coast of Sweden this is a must visit :)
                          You know a shop is good when you shop there because their service is so good.

Comment

• Piffen
                            • Aug 2007

Funny, I live there (or here I guess), never visited. Didn't know they stock so many interesting brands. There hasn't been any interesting stores in GBG for years IMO. Seems I was wrong. Is it related to Fever or Kungsgatan 9b?

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Piffen View Post
                              Funny, I live there (or here I guess), never visited. Didn't know they stock so many interesting brands. There hasn't been any interesting stores in GBG for years IMO. Seems I was wrong. Is it related to Fever or Kungsgatan 9b?
                              Haha yeah I almost fell of my bike passing the shop last year. I didnt even know we had shops like that in sweden, much less Gothenburg.
                              Fever sold the space to W19. But they dont have anything in common with each other :)

Comment

• renard rouge
                                • Jul 2010

Has anyone bought from the Rick Owens online store? I'm eying a few things but a bit hesitant to purchase internationally (I'm US based). It would be great if someone could share their experience. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎