Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gawkrodger
    • Jun 2013

Oki-ni - good as normal. Their abilkity (in the UK) to deliver to your local corner shop is useful. Free returns are easy. Took slightly longer to refund than normal, but it is sale time so I view that as acceptable

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
      I used their info@singolare.it email.
      seems like the form on their website doesn't work, because when i contacted them using this e-mail i received an answer super quick, just like you said.

Singolare is awesome. good communication, fast shipping, great price (no VAT, free shipping, 10% off your first purchase).

Comment

• exexpat
        • Jan 2012

LNCC service level has plummeted since the take over by the level group.

I feel sorry for Laura and the rest as they are right in the middle of it and I would say that the warehouse in italy is the problem.

It used to be much cheaper too return items too with them being based in the UK. Now it costs about £30 to send stuff back to Italy. Then you have to wait weeks until they decide to refund....

Def avoid LNCC for now until they sort this mess out.
        If you must use them then pay by paypal and use the dispute to get your money back quickly. I did - it worked wonders for me

Comment

• mikko
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
          Keep in mind with any Yoox operations as well, they block your account if your return more than a certain number of orders.

Given how poor sizing info + fit pics are on yoox, Thecorner etc it really does strike me as a ridiculous policy
          Bullshit, have returned items from probably tens of Yoox orders and 15+ orders from The Corner for more than five years' time and both my accounts are just fine.

Comment

• mikko
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by exexpat View Post
            LNCC service level has plummeted since the take over by the level group.

I feel sorry for Laura and the rest as they are right in the middle of it and I would say that the warehouse in italy is the problem.

It used to be much cheaper too return items too with them being based in the UK. Now it costs about £30 to send stuff back to Italy. Then you have to wait weeks until they decide to refund....

Def avoid LNCC for now until they sort this mess out.
            If you must use them then pay by paypal and use the dispute to get your money back quickly. I did - it worked wonders for me
            Yeah, it took them three days to just process my shoe sizing request and still came up with an answer that "it wasn't possible to get measurements".

Comment

• olethomas
              • Dec 2010

I felt the need to share that I was very pleased with my last transaction with the guys at Obscur (direct). I bought an excellent wool coat and they helped me with sizing, measurements and all in a very polite and kind tone. Shipped out fast and got a nice hand written note. In general very kind and good people to do business with.

Comment

• jordache
                • Dec 2011

Had mixed experience w/ Lazzari. Overall not too bad, would order from them again.

Good: Responsive to measurement and detailed pic requests. Ordering is done thru email/pp if shipping to US.

Not so good: Delivery was delayed a few days as it was held in customs. Package didn't have an invoice attached so had to go back to Lazzari and fwd it on to fedex. About 3-4 day working days delay so not a huge deal though.

Comment

• tenorish
                  • Oct 2011

Sadly had the same (bad) experience with LN-CC as some of the posters above. They used to have one of the best customer service according to me, not anymore, far from it.

Comment

• nvsnli
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                    seems like the form on their website doesn't work, because when i contacted them using this e-mail i received an answer super quick, just like you said.

Singolare is awesome. good communication, fast shipping, great price (no VAT, free shipping, 10% off your first purchase).
                    Cool that everything worked out

Comment

• josecc
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by olethomas View Post
                      I felt the need to share that I was very pleased with my last transaction with the guys at Obscur (direct). I bought an excellent wool coat and they helped me with sizing, measurements and all in a very polite and kind tone. Shipped out fast and got a nice hand written note. In general very kind and good people to do business with.
                      I had the same very good experience with the guys at OBSCUR. Good price, nice experience overall.

Comment

• BodyDouble
                        • Jan 2014

Also another complaint on LNCC, Didn't realize they had switched their shipping to UPS which is terrible for me. DHL used to always deliver consistently and would call me to ask if I was nearby and would even re-route their deliveries for me. They would do free return pick ups, etc. With UPS I always end up waiting til around 8pm and sometimes they don't even bother stopping by if it gets too late, and you never know where the driver is. Beyond this though, Whatever warehouse LNCC is using has messed up the last 2 of my orders to the point where I've had to ask to cancel the last order. Laura is very helpful and I assume it's very frustrating for her to have to play middle fiddle to everyone. They've almost become as bad as the Corner as far as shipments go (though the Corner is the worst, It sometimes takes 2 weeks to get something). I placed an order last week with LNCC and after seeing that it got delivered to Germany yesterday, I was told that it was a mistake in the tracking number and I was updated with a new one. Well, It barely got shipped out of the warehouse today and it was a birthday present for myself that I was expecting tomorrow. Bummed.

On the other hand Archive and Vertice were very impressive, they shipped out same day I ordered and it got to me over the weekend. The packaging left a lot to be desired, but it was the contents that mattered.

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                          • Jan 2014

I just placed an order with LN-CC and my jacket made it from the warehouse to NYC overnight, but took 2 days to ship out, which was ok considering they estimate 1-3 business days. I had slight unexplained hiccups processing my credit card payment too and had to use PayPal, but otherwise my experience wasn't nearly as horrible as everyone else's.

How your local DHL/UPS services vary is hardly the fault of LN-CC though.
                          "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• BodyDouble
                            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                            I just placed an order with LN-CC and my jacket made it from the warehouse to NYC overnight, but took 2 days to ship out, which was ok considering they estimate 1-3 business days. I had slight unexplained hiccups processing my credit card payment too and had to use PayPal, but otherwise my experience wasn't nearly as horrible as everyone else's.

How your local DHL/UPS services vary is hardly the fault of LN-CC though.

Yeah, Its not really a complaint with LNCC really, They are still on my fave shops and I appreciate the customer service, I'm just more irritated that they don't have control over where things are. In this case, I placed my order on Thursday, Got a shipment notification early sunday saying it would be delivered Monday (and it got delivered to Germany) and after inquiring it was sent out again today. Just annoying really when you're spending that much money on an item. And also not their fault, but I used to really like their packaging with the nice boxes and now its just a cheap cardboard box like the Corner.

Also, I did get Charged last week through paypal and somehow got charged again today as pending which messed with my banking account (not double charged, but still annoying).

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by BodyDouble View Post
                              but I used to really like their packaging with the nice boxes and now its just a cheap cardboard box like the Corner.
                              Mine came in a standard cardboard box, wrapped in tissue, plastic bag, and with a felt hanger so no call-outs from me....but I have to return the item so we'll see how smoothly (and expensively) this part of the transaction goes.
                              "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• BodyDouble
                                • Jan 2014

Yeah, It's not a big deal, but I loved the really thick design boxes that came inside the generic cardboard box. Oki-Ni and Matches use them as well (not sure if they still do). It's just a nice touch when we're dealing with luxuries.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎