Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Shipping is not done by LN-CC. It's whatever the level group utilizes, LN-CC has been folded into.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ivans On High
      Banned
      • Oct 2008

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Sorry Ivans, that site/user is banned for spamming
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by BodyDouble View Post
          Yeah, It's not a big deal, but I loved the really thick design boxes that came inside the generic cardboard box. Oki-Ni and Matches use them as well (not sure if they still do). It's just a nice touch when we're dealing with luxuries.
          I don't mind nice and clean packaging, but I have to say I always dislike these heavy boxes, its a waste of materials and excess weight for shipping
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BodyDouble
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            I don't mind nice and clean packaging, but I have to say I always dislike these heavy boxes, its a waste of materials and excess weight for shipping
            Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe would be cool to have them as a gift option for an extra cost.

Comment

• braver
              • Sep 2013

Yeah, It's not a big deal, but I loved the really thick design boxes that came inside the generic cardboard box. Oki-Ni and Matches use them as well (not sure if they still do). It's just a nice touch when we're dealing with luxuries.
              Matchesfashion packaging is still one of the best.
              Firm boxes that I keep for storing things include handwritten memos, well packaged items in paper, straps and stickers inside. And that is quite compact and light.

Haven't ordered anything from LN-CC this season, but a year ago their service and packaging were incomparable. I thought that I recieved a new LCD TV when saw a box with Thamanyah blazer and tee inside.

Comment

• kurta
                • Jun 2014

H. Lorenzo in Los Angeles

As a Los Angeles resident, I'm thankful for the existence of H. Lorenzo. The head buyer (Mac) is smart and tasteful and knows his inventory inside and out, which sets a good tone and expectation for the rest of the staff. (He's a natural -- this is the family business -- and his passion for it shows.) Further, they're constantly picking and suggesting pieces, curating a personalized (and no-pressure) shopping experience via which I've wound up with some incredible items and going in some directions I wouldn't have otherwise. Granted, I'm a frequent customer of late, and this sort of attention is generally a perk, but having spent a considerable amount of time shopping and talking there, I've seen Mac and his team meaningfully engage and properly serve everyone that walks in, something far too uncommon in this bracket of boutique. They stock an impressive list of designers, too (if only they had Harnden...). My only criticism has been the small buys for small guys, as it were, though I'm assured that's changing with SS15; moving forward, XS and S will get a fair shake at emptying their coffers at H. Lorenzo, too. Good news for the economy, and my closet, and not for my wallet.

Sincerely recommend this place.

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by kurta View Post
                  As a Los Angeles resident, I'm thankful for the existence of H. Lorenzo. The head buyer (Mac) is smart and tasteful and knows his inventory inside and out, which sets a good tone and expectation for the rest of the staff. (He's a natural -- this is the family business -- and his passion for it shows.) Further, they're constantly picking and suggesting pieces, curating a personalized (and no-pressure) shopping experience via which I've wound up with some incredible items and going in some directions I wouldn't have otherwise. Granted, I'm a frequent customer of late, and this sort of attention is generally a perk, but having spent a considerable amount of time shopping and talking there, I've seen Mac and his team meaningfully engage and properly serve everyone that walks in, something far too uncommon in this bracket of boutique. They stock an impressive list of designers, too (if only they had Harnden...). My only criticism has been the small buys for small guys, as it were, though I'm assured that's changing with SS15; moving forward, XS and S will get a fair shake at emptying their coffers at H. Lorenzo, too. Good news for the economy, and my closet, and not for my wallet.

Sincerely recommend this place.

your post makes me think you work for them. i'm all for giving props to good stores, but this sounds like marketing spin.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Having corresponded with kurta as of late, I assure you he does not :-)
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BodyDouble
                      • Jan 2014

Agreed with Kurta, HL is a great place to discover new lines as well. They make some of the riskiest buys, and the guys are all really nice and great to chat with. Whereas other places have a stuffier atmosphere, HL is very welcoming and everyone at both HL and HL Robertson go above and beyond to leave you satisfied.

Comment

• kurta
                        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                        your post makes me think you work for them.
                        Alas our financial arrangement is quite the opposite.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Having corresponded with kurta as of late, I assure you he does not :-)
                        Twitter can keep its Verified nonsense, I'll take the SZ system of authentication any day. (Thank you!)

Agreed with Kurta, HL is a great place to discover new lines as well. They make some of the riskiest buys, and the guys are all really nice and great to chat with. Whereas other places have a stuffier atmosphere, HL is very welcoming and everyone at both HL and HL Robertson go above and beyond to leave you satisfied.
                        Truly. They'll also point you in the right direction for goods and servcies beyond the store's four walls, if you ask. Case in point: If you dare alter any of your purchases from H Lorenzo, there's an incredible tailor within steps of its doors. (Rudy's, he's a miraculous man; they swear by him, and they are right to.)

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

lol ok. sorry. but they really should pay u for a write-up like that. or throw some freebies ur way.

Comment

• kurta
                            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                            lol ok. sorry. but they really should pay u for a write-up like that. or throw some freebies ur way.
                            O, but then I'd be an actual shill ;) (I will say that their prices can be beat on occasion, particularly internationally, though that's likely more due to duties than anything else -- and a small premium for the attention, curation, etc.)

Comment

• delicious_not
                              • Dec 2012

great experience with LVR once again. got my order in 3 days. DHL is always here to ruin the mood though - had to pay $20 for nothing. but then again, considering how fast they work and how detailed their tracking is, i think it's worth it...
                              Last edited by delicious_not; 08-13-2014, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Landadel
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Received fantastic service at the Rick Owens store in Paris today.
                                I went there with my girl on our first trip to Paris in April.
                                Of course we went on a pilgrimage to the RO store (hoping to meet Rick, become best buddies and receive free clothes for the rest of our lives – spolier: it didn´t happen). Everyone was very friendly and we had a great time. We´ll definately come back for more someday.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎