X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JoniF
    CCP trashcan boots and CCP finger-finger gloves.
    Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    where the heck is that picture of those trashcan boots. i can't find it...
    Originally posted by JoniF
    It would appear that the picture has been removed. Hmm...
    found it! eton was hiding it

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• genevieveryoko
      • Sep 2009

^ are those for real? I actually think they're kind of cool, outrageous as they are.

Pleats Please by Issey Miyake. I not only don't get this, but can't believe it.

$995 on ebay

I mean, I like some of this other stuff but I just don't get what the big deal with the pleats is. Maybe this should be in WTF, but I just don't understand how a designer that is so influential and respected can get away with producing so much of this stuff.
      http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Catfood
        • Oct 2008

Isn't the pleats please stuff the stuff that can be folded down in really neat ways? The foldable bags and dresses are often very cool.

EDIT: Quick google search brought up this:
        Pleats Please collections were first launched in 1993. Made from single pieces of high quality 100% polyester fabric, the innovation behind Pleats Please are that the clothes are first cut and sewn together two-and-a-half to three times larger than the finished garments. Individual pieces are hand fed into a heat press sandwiched between two sheets of paper. The garment then emerges with permanent pleats. This industrial process allows both texture and form to be created at the same time. Vertical, horizontal and zig-zag pleating is used to create varying effects and architectural shapes.

Pleats Please clothes are very functional and practical; the garments store easily, travel well, require no ironing and can be machine-washed and dried within minutes. Shapes are simple, colours diverse. A set of standard colours is available each season, to which are added seasonal colours and prints
        By the sound of things it's quite a labour intensive process.

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

The Issey pleats stuff is pretty cool- I've felt it before and it feels good.
          Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Clopek
            • Apr 2011

Creepers. When done right, they can look incredible (e.g. Jil Sander) but I'd say 95% of the time they look appropriate for 90s mall-goths or bad rockabilly cosplayers.
            ...and the tide was way out.

Comment

• syed
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Clopek View Post
              Creepers. When done right, they can look incredible (e.g. Jil Sander) but I'd say 95% of the time they look appropriate for 90s mall-goths or bad rockabilly cosplayers.
              I've been wearing Clark's Originals Ashcott Monks for the past few months. Plus I really like Wire's Yohji ones.
              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

Dries Van Noten menswear. So boring.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                  Not all of us have your gusto. ;)

I don't get transparent t-shirts personally...sure they feel silky and whatnot, but how to wear in public? Am I the only one who doesn't want their nips on display? Wearing something underneath seems to defeat the purpose of an uber-light tee, no?
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• eat me
                    • May 2009

^ layer.

Comment

• Clopek
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                      Someone asked me what I was going to wear once I'd hit my 30s and I had to "grow up" a bit in terms of what I wear. I hope that at this point in my life, Dries Van Noten, some Raf, Jil Sander, and Marni will constitute 99% of my wardrobe.
                      ...and the tide was way out.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                        ^ layer.
                        Originally posted by Dane View Post
                        Not all of us have your gusto. ;)

I don't get transparent t-shirts personally...sure they feel silky and whatnot, but how to wear in public? Am I the only one who doesn't want their nips on display? Wearing something underneath seems to defeat the purpose of an uber-light tee, no?
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• eat me
                          • May 2009

Wearing something underneath seems to defeat the purpose of an uber-light tee, no?
                          No. Light l/s and a tank underneath if you're not willing to go sheer.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Clopek View Post
                            Someone asked me what I was going to wear once I'd hit my 30s and I had to "grow up" a bit in terms of what I wear. I hope that at this point in my life, Dries Van Noten, some Raf, Jil Sander, and Marni will constitute 99% of my wardrobe.
                            I would say the same thing when I was in my early 20s, and now that I am in my early 30s, I feel like life is beginning all over again. Things I bought this year - super destroyed Undercover jeans and three-buckle biker boots by Ann. Yeah.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                              Wearing something underneath seems to defeat the purpose of an uber-light tee, no?
                              i kinda thought one a the reasons to wear a super light n sheer tee is so you COULd layer it . i dont rly have a problem showin my body not that its anythin sexy but i also like bein able to wear a tank under a sheer shirt if i wanted to still have layering in tha summer

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎