Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
    Leather shirts....

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
    leather shirts...
    Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    .....oh, i may need to retaliate with a leather shirt waywt.
    2 sick leather shirt waywt's have popped up recently so i no longer need to post one. yay...
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      2 sick leather shirt waywt's have popped up recently so i no longer need to post one. yay...
      Jackets, CJ. I think that we need to change the perception that they are shirts and styled according (though, yes, the hem would suggest as such). Still I would like to see someone do a proper leather shirt fit.

Are you the man for this job? Prove it!

MBD
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• DiabloXVIII
        • Jan 2011

Hey guys, I'm new face here, I saw a really nice Rick Owens boot in Antonioli, seems to be made of disstressed leather, anyone has any idea how disstressed leather feels like? and how would you wear it?

Comment

• hurricane08
          • Nov 2008

I don't "get" /like sleeveless tees and that "macho style".

Also : I hate rings and bracelets on men. I'm not a fan of man bags, or girl bags either—or even sunglasses. I don't like fussy accessories. Isn't it more chic to be free? R.O.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Agreed with Rick, except that the bags serve a function. And last time I saw him, he was wearing a bracelet - ha!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

^Not to mention his S/S11 ...

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• hurricane08
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Agreed with Rick, except that the bags serve a function. And last time I saw him, he was wearing a bracelet - ha!

It's funny—whenever someone talks about rules, I just want to break them. I recoil from the whole idea of rules
                R.O.

Comment

• eat me
                  • May 2009

Flares are my No1 hate. WTF is that about?

I also don't get some of the Carpe Diem's garments. People love to go on and on how it's the most beautiful/genius/masterfully cut thing they ever saw. I deliberately went through the construction of the ones I had access to, not impressed. Sure, it's nice. It it's even nicer if that's the kind of aesthetic you're into, but it gets too much credit in my opinion. Sometimes it sounds to me like someone trying to justify the price that they've bought it for. Having said that, the footwear really is nice.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hurricane08 View Post

It's funny—whenever someone talks about rules, I just want to break them. I recoil from the whole idea of rules
                    R.O.
                    Yep. Rick is the ultimate human being - rational/irrational, thoughtful/emotional, and ultimately fallible. He is the Faust.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

^ Maybe bracers don't count in Rick's mind.

Or maybe he's just screwing with us.
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

take it back eat me

nah just kidding.

anyway not all of the clothing is masterful. but a whole lot of it is. much of the credit it gets is due to innovation, creativity and experimentation. and for being the pioneer of a design aesthetic that many people are bonkers for. like me. also a big part of why i like it is related to fit.

like there are times when a certain cdiem garment is worn and the lethal combination of sharp fit, ancient fabric and rough-cut design are unparalleled. for me the height of what a man's garment should be. but thats personal preference. many other designers have created equally impressive, beautiful, luxurious garments and have been productive over longer periods of time. but for me, nothing looks as cool....
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                          Flares are my No1 hate. WTF is that about?

I also don't get some of the Carpe Diem's garments. People love to go on and on how it's the most beautiful/genius/masterfully cut thing they ever saw. I deliberately went through the construction of the ones I had access to, not impressed. Sure, it's nice. It it's even nicer if that's the kind of aesthetic you're into, but it gets too much credit in my opinion. Sometimes it sounds to me like someone trying to justify the price that they've bought it for. Having said that, the footwear really is nice.
                          What pieces of yours have you looked over?

I agree that some are not super special, but many others are. A lot of the Linea outerwear is simple looking from the outside but has some really ingenius methods of anchoring pockets, structuring the shoulders etc.

Recently I had to essentially fully take apart my pair of double layered classic pants because I wanted to size down the waist as well as slim the legs (huge pain in the ass) but in doing so, got to see the interior construction and the stitchwork that is all hidden within. Thing was built like a tank.

The pricing for CDiem was definitely high (although at original full retail back in the early/mid 2000s pales in comparison to what items these days command and is considered par for the course) but they fit a niche market very well with a lot of attention paid not only to design and fit but to fabric, materials and construction to create an aesthetic previously really not existent in a formal way.

I do agree that the retail pricing of some of the experimental work like the Linea pieces are/were out of control. It does reach a point that you are NOT getting what you're paying for but that goes for the super super high end of every luxury good from consumables to cars.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• christianef
                            • Feb 2009

aha carpe diem i literally dont get. discontinued + ultra limited runs + underground artisanal + cult status = usually too complicated to actually get anything worthwhile even if you are willing to stomach the price point. more power to you if you have the patience time and money, i am all for exclusivity but there's a line between passion and kind of pathetic. i fail to see the link bewteen effortless nonchalance style and a lot of the tenets c-diem advocates and spending all your free time online trying to last minute out bid on a linen jacket.
                            Last edited by christianef; 02-06-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• docus
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                              aha carpe diem i literally dont get. discontinued + ultra limited runs + underground artisanal + cult status = usually too complicated to actually get anything worthwhile even if you are willing to stomach the price point. more power to you if you have the patience time and money, i am all for exclusivity but there's a line between passion and kind of pathetic. i fail to see the link bewteen effortless nonchalance style and a lot of the tenets c-diem advocates and spending all your free time online trying to last minute out bid on a linen jacket.
                              It sounds like you're not talking about the intrinsic qualities (or otherwise) of Carpe Diem's clothes, but its marketing and the attitude people have towards it. Two different things entirely.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Not even marketing - a company has to exist in order to market. but since christianef literally doesn't get it, I can only presume she means that she has no luck on ebay or in classifieds. just don't go off on another banana rant.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎