X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chim
    • Dec 2006

Re: Clothes you don't "get."

wire.artist, I definitely see where you're coming from with the whole "movement" of oversized clothing. While it's not my cup of tea, I did remember that I've looked up some pictures of buckwheat and he's always looked great in his clothes.

As for the streetwear, I myself am a huge fan of both visvim and supreme. I think the appeal in Supreme for me is the entire limited/extremely current feel of fashion I get from those brands. When I purchase items from Rick and Cloak, I try to buy the pieces that will be timeless and wearable many years from now. Whenever I see a new piece of Supreme gear, I'm more interested in getting it because this is what's happening right now in street culture. I look at some of my older hoodies, shirts, or box caps, and I am always reminded of what happened during that era, regardless if it was 1 season ago or 6 seasons ago.

I like streetwear because it's almost like an adult version of collecting cereal box toys. Except wearable, with cool collaborations and a heftier price tag.

meta comment: damn you badseeds for picking up that yohji bag, if you don't like it, i'll take it :)

Comment

• badseeds
      • Mar 2007

[H][79] : )

Edit: oh how did i miss that. chim i will keep you posted if i ever change my mind.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

^ I can only translate that as you not getting the gothninja aesthetic!

How dare thee?!!?!?!?!

[74][74][74]

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• badseeds
          • Mar 2007

[83][83][83][83][83][83]

off topic: i hope we could have more smileys. Sir faust?

Btw I do like designer sneakers. E.g., Ann's cons, Lanvin/RO hitops (tho i might not be skinny enough to wear them well), Margiela trainers/cons, dior sneakers.... easy to go with most of my outfits.

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

I don't get designer handbags. Maybe one day I'd like something nice and subtle from Jil Sander, but I'm just not into bags enough to blow $1000 (all my current bags are H&M or cheaper). Also, oversize can be nice on some outerweare or knits, but I just can't get into huge pants, looks sloppy to me. Yea, polos with popped collars, tattoo shirts (Ed Hardy yuck!) are gross. OH, and now that it's getting cold, I HATE those knee length or longer puffy/quilted coates, it looks like you're in a sleeping bag! There are so many offenders in NYC, come on people!
            music

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

[quote user="casem83"]I don't get designer handbags. Maybe one day I'd like something nice and subtle from Jil Sander, but I'm just not into bags enough to blow $1000 (all my current bags are H&M or cheaper). Also, oversize can be nice on some outerweare or knits, but I just can't get into huge pants, looks sloppy to me. Yea, polos with popped collars, tattoo shirts (Ed Hardy yuck!) are gross. OH, and now that it's getting cold, I HATE those knee length or longer puffy/quilted coates, it looks like you're in a sleeping bag! There are so many offenders in NYC, come on people![/quote]

Longest it should ever go, in my opinion.
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• B.S
                • Nov 2007

*Polo shirts

*Raf by RS.. Those waxed(leather?) metallic jeans.. ughhh... So techno/Berlin.

*Most Dior Homme leather

*Puffy jackets

*EVERYTHING Thom Browne. How the fuck can someone charge like 20 grand for a cropped, fugly suit?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]I don't get designer handbags. Maybe one day I'd like something nice and subtle from Jil Sander, but I'm just not into bags enough to blow $1000 (all my current bags are H&M or cheaper). Also, oversize can be nice on some outerweare or knits, but I just can't get into huge pants, looks sloppy to me. Yea, polos with popped collars, tattoo shirts (Ed Hardy yuck!) are gross. OH, and now that it's getting cold, I HATE those knee length or longer puffy/quilted coates, it looks like you're in a sleeping bag! There are so many offenders in NYC, come on people![/quote]

add sweatpants tucked into UGGs to that, and it makes my favorite womens outfit this year. Ahhh, the Jersey teenagers, gotta love'em. Yesterday I saw a girl dress like that... and she was carrying an UGG shopping bag to boot. Jeebus.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="B.S"] *EVERYTHING Thom Browne. How the fuck can someone charge like 20 grand for a cropped, fugly suit?[/quote]

actually, I believe the pants come in full lengths and can just be altered to a cropped length if desired. also from what I've seen at stores and heard from some people, the quality on the garments seems very good.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• B.S
                      • Nov 2007

i bet the quality is amazing, but good fabric isn't 20 grand.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="B.S"]i bet the quality is amazing, but good fabric isn't 20 grand.[/quote]

His suits are more of the 4k-6k variety though....

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• B.S
                          • Nov 2007

...i didnt litterally mean 20 000$.

Comment

• macuser3of5
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="B.S"]...i didnt litterally mean 20 000$.[/quote]So, why say 20 grand then? That's more than double a typical TB suit.

Comment

• whatisit
                              • Dec 2007

Can we revisit the 'slip-on' shoe? I can't conjure in my mind a single backless shoe that doesn't make me recoil. Especially the backless high heel - it's like a glorified clog. What's the attraction?

Comment

• justine
                                • Jan 2007

[quote user="casem83"]I don't get designer handbags. Maybe one day I'd like something nice and subtle from Jil Sander, but I'm just not into bags enough to blow $1000 (all my current bags are H&M or cheaper). [/quote]I would agree on this for most of the designer handbags, specially the thousands available for women.

But then, there are also some amazing beauties in that department. I'm thinking about leather bags by MA+ for example. There's just something 'beatify-ing' in a greatly engineered, made out of beautiful leather, bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎