• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Catfood
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    Not all of us have your gusto. ;)

I don't get transparent t-shirts personally...sure they feel silky and whatnot, but how to wear in public? Am I the only one who doesn't want their nips on display? Wearing something underneath seems to defeat the purpose of an uber-light tee, no?
    Transparency really doesn't bother me at all, I wear sheer tees both when I'm layering and when I'm not.

Is fear of visible nipples a very North American thing or something? I ask because a lot of Americans seem to worry about it even when wearing completely solid shirts, always wearing an undershirt and so on.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

I guess when I think about it, I'm okay with layering a thin sweater, so why not a thin t-shirt(?) Dunno...to each their own I guess. When I feel these incredibly light fabrics though, I would want to feel them against skin.

^^ to answer your question, it may very well be a North American modesty thing. I work in an office building and you rarely see a man wearing a shirt with nothing underneath.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Clopek
        • Apr 2011

I rep nipples.
        ...and the tide was way out.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

lulz.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
            i kinda thought one a the reasons to wear a super light n sheer tee is so you COULd layer it . i dont rly have a problem showin my body not that its anythin sexy but i also like bein able to wear a tank under a sheer shirt if i wanted to still have layering in tha summer
            I love you, no homo of course

Comment

• gavagai
              • May 2010

I personally really like the RO sheer shirts. I have a few i wear all the time.

I recently bought this CCP shirt. Its pretty extreme (alien material?).

It's tough trying to be a ninja and drawing attention to yourself by wearing see through garments but i try...

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

if i do wear anything sheer i will either layer it with something equally as sheer under it that plays on twisting/drawing down the length or distorting the color of the fabric or i will layer it under something mid weight fabric like a blazer for the summer. i use to be a bit wary but you can't really be scared of what others will think when it comes to style for you to truly find your niche. my only aversion to very sheer fabrics, cotton/cashmere/etc, is how delicate they are and that you'll be lucky to get more than 1 season out of them but all of the rips and tears are what makes them uniquely yours and gives them life.

Comment

• HreP
                  • Mar 2011

I really think that looks awkward. Layer or no (or very less visible) sheer for me.

Running shoes. I know they're - fortunately - not very popular on here, but I just don't get why so many people, of course mainly people who are into streetwear, think they look cool. In my eyes, they always look out of place in an outfit. I don't feel the same way when I see someone in a simple pair of Adidas sneakers, although I don't like those either.

I also don't get extremely chunky wool knits or wraps (LUC or Geller can be used as examples here). I haven't seen them pulled off really well yet.

Comment

• olethomas
                    • Dec 2010

i think even if i was a girl, i would have some issues pulling this gareth pugh aw 07(?) off...

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

?

Comment

• hwai333
                        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by HreP View Post
                        I really think that looks awkward. Layer or no (or very less visible) sheer for me.

Running shoes. I know they're - fortunately - not very popular on here, but I just don't get why so many people, of course mainly people who are into streetwear, think they look cool. In my eyes, they always look out of place in an outfit. I don't feel the same way when I see someone in a simple pair of Adidas sneakers, although I don't like those either.

I also don't get extremely chunky wool knits or wraps (LUC or Geller can be used as examples here). I haven't seen them pulled off really well yet.
                        maybe they're just more comfortable ?

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

Transparency is okay, I think the main awkwardness with very sheer tops is that your nipples poke out when it's cold. I mean girls have bras or stickers to stop that shit happening for them lol.

Originally posted by HreP View Post
                          I think half of the attractiveness of running shoes is due to the comfort and functionality of them. I'm with you in opinion (in that I absolutely detest the look of running shoes) but in regards to why other people think they look cool, there's not really much else to get. 99% of the population just don't get why wearing black dresses and skirts on a guy is cool, but hey it just is to some. I have a friend who will rock anything as long as it's comfortable.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

^^Those chunky Ann D braided wools are some of the best ever made. I rock the hell out of mine and get compliments in droves each time. Personally that piece looks best to me if worn upside down. Your arms still fit through just fine, but I like the contour much better if not worn right-side up. Then the braids fall much lower to the ground and you can use the bottom hem as a druid-like grim reaper hoody where the other braids fall down your face.

The scarf is absolutely priceless to me (in my Avatar here) and one of the most versatile pieces. Can be a harness, a belt, a dress, a scarf, etc etc etc.

I believe those runway models have both the longcoat version and the scarfs styled on them, hence all the extra braids.

On the transparent tees thing. Yeah-I have a hard time pulling them off too and feel awkward. I think they do look better tight over baggy though..... Some of Julius' materials are opaque and those work for me, but the ones where you can see nipples and belly button just cream tacky to me..... Just my opinion though. I like the materials themselves, but just not the style.

Comment

• phiman
                              • Dec 2011

denim sneakers. can't imagine fuglier shoes..

Comment

• olethomas
                                • Dec 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍