• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: Clothes you don't "get."

[quote user="merz"]

[quote user="DHC"]^ good one. Although I think a pair in white patent leather with clear cuban heels and a red corduroy cargo pocket on the back curve would be pretty boss. *shivers*
    [/quote]

^ congratulations on coming up with what sounds like the cthulhu of footwear.

[/quote]

An abomination from the unreal space between the stars?

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• H-R
      • May 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="mike lowrey"]

premium denim, or whatever its called. "high-end" mall jeans like 7, r&r, true religion.the quality on them always seems suspect, so basically some crappy embroiderycosts $300. I'm not going to lie, I had a pair of TR's a few years ago when I wasn't very "enlightened", but they were very plain skinny ones with no back pocket flapsor other ugly details[74]

[/quote]

yea, right. i am sure they were full of TR gaudy glory [66]

To others, I simply mean sneakers done by designers and not sportswear companies.

[/quote]

so faust, what's your take on junya's deconstructed nikes then? i mean, they're made by nikes, but it's so completely reworked at times they hadly resemble the image we associate with nikes...

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Don't like those either :-)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

The new Dior Homme collection......

Comment

• macuser3of5
            • Sep 2006

Stacked jeans... Just not my dish. Then again, the only pairs I own wouldn't look good stacked, anyway (cotton/silk, etc). IMO, they make most look short.

Comment

• Chim
              • Dec 2006

i don't understand the elaborate "oversized" aesthetic that you see sometimes in outerwear from raf simons, jil sander or yohji yamamoto. I can understand an oversized t shirt, but sometimes their play on volume is so tremendous that it ends up looking like you're wearing your fat father's overcoat. I don't see how it's flattering for any bodytype, and I can't understand wearing it, much less paying for it.

Comment

• badseeds
                • Mar 2007

"streetwear" like visvim and supreme.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

[quote user="Chim"]i don't understand the elaborate "oversized" aesthetic that you see sometimes in outerwear from raf simons, jil sander or yohji yamamoto. I can understand an oversized t shirt, but sometimes their play on volume is so tremendous that it ends up looking like you're wearing your fat father's overcoat. I don't see how it's flattering for any bodytype, and I can't understand wearing it, much less paying for it.
                  [/quote]

I like the way you made your statements, you gave reasons for disliking the things you do, which is good,

If Faust would permit (and you guys agree) i think an element that would make this thread more interesting (not to say it is by any means uninteresting) is for us to disagree / or share an opposing perspective regarding something we like but others dislike................

providing its done respectfully.............

Faust, I actually like some denim shirts.......... I own a very nice one by Deisel, i will post a pic later (if lady Z will let me have some free time!!!!!)

and say why i like it

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="badseeds"]"streetwear" like visvim and supreme.
                    [/quote]

I have to mention though that your examples are extremely different. visvim quality is usually top notch and their materials are awesome. their sneakers are the most comfortable ones I've owned and the buttery soft elk leather is incredibly durable as well.as for Supreme, I neve really understood it, but I guess its just something that appeals to some people. its probablymore about the whole concept, culture etc., because most of the products are quite basic. well, I'm probably not the right person to talk about it anyway since I've never been into supreme even though I come from somewhat of a streetwear background.

[quote user="Chim"]i don't understand the elaborate "oversized" aesthetic that you see sometimes in outerwear from raf simons, jil sander or yohji yamamoto. I can understand an oversized t shirt, but sometimes their play on volume is so tremendous that it ends up looking like you're wearing your fat father's overcoat. I don't see how it's flattering for any bodytype, and I can't understand wearing it, much less paying for it.
                    [/quote]

I'm not a big fan of the look either, but I have to say that some people can pull it of very well. Buckwheat is one of them for sure!

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="zamb"]

[/quote]

I like the way you made your statements, you gave reasons for disliking the things you do, which is good,

If Faust would permit (and you guys agree) i think an element that would make this thread more interesting (not to say it is by any means uninteresting) is for us to disagree / or share an opposing perspective regarding something we like but others dislike................

providing its done respectfully.............

Faust, I actually like some denim shirts.......... I own a very nice one by Deisel, i will post a pic later (if lady Z will let me have some free time!!!!!)

and say why i like it

[/quote]

Most definitely. I mentioned it in my original post. I wouldn't want it to become a useless self-validation thread.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I agree with mike on Yohji, etc. Some people look really great in this oversized look.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                          • Aug 2007

i love the oversized look when done well. as for the shrunken like dior homme ss2005 belly polo shirt look thingy its ugly as hell.

i dont and will never get JEREMY SCOTT.

Comment

• macuser3of5
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="zamb"]

[/quote]

On that note... I love slide sandals. I have a pair of helmut lang elastic & jute slides that I enjoy immensely, and I'm always on the lookout for similar shoes (almost grabbed a pair from Bally). I know many hate this kind of thing, but I find them indispensable. :D

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I have a pair of slide sandals too (sometimes in NYC you just can't wear anything else), but I just can't stand flip flops - irksome.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• badseeds
                                • Mar 2007

Mike, thats a good point. I actually agree with you on the point that visvim quality is pretty goodas i used to have some bags and cons. And there are indeed some simple nice items but when i mentioned it i basically meant things likethese or the oversized graph tee + baggy pants/shorts + visvim FBT combolook...not saying that they are bad, just i personally dont quite get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎