• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesh
    • Dec 2006

Re: Ann D. shirt

edit* nevermind

Being covered up isn't a good enough excuse for me but I can see his habits are different than mine, just speaking from my point of view relax chris.

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

um, he already said why.

i've been contemplating these raf pleated shorts for a while. now that they're 50% off, im really tempted... i havent handled them in person, so i still unsure if they're actually worth $325. have any of you tried them on? or does anyone here have a pair?

Comment

• yepanchin
        • Jun 2007

Opinions???

Comment

• dontbecruel
          • Sep 2006

Those shorts are incredible in the flesh Chris, but they are sold out at Seven in everything but size 52 (I already emailed). You also should bear in mind that unlike other Raf they run VERY BIG. I wear size 50 normally and I had to size down to 46 to stop them falling off me when I tried them on at DSM. You'll definitely need a 44 and even that might be too big.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="yepanchin"]

Opinions???

[/quote]

OPINIONS?! OPINIONS?!?!?!?! This is probably the best piece that Dior Homme has every produced, no opinions needed - just do it!!![Y] Word of warning, the sleeves are very long and impossible to alter. Otherwise I would never let mine go.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="yepanchin"]

Opinions???

[/quote]

OPINIONS?! OPINIONS?!?!?!?! This is probably the best piece that Dior Homme has every produced, no opinions needed - just do it!!![Y] Word of warning, the sleeves are very long and impossible to alter. Otherwise I would never let mine go.

[/quote]

I say yes to it, very nice.

Faust the sleeves CAN Be altered (albeit a lot of work, to move the adjustment straps upwards, most tailors/alteration PPL dont like working with leather)
              next time you have something like this to adjust give me a call................

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Babar
                • Jan 2007

Re: Luster jacket

That's my all time favorite Dior Homme leather jacket. It's probably more versatile in dark brown but I'd pay a lot even for the black if I could find it. Did they ever do reissues of it?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Babar"]That's my all time favorite Dior Homme leather jacket. It's probably more versatile in dark brown but I'd pay a lot even for the black if I could find it. Did they ever do reissues of it?[/quote]

No, and you are looking at an idiot who could've bought a flabbergasting amount of Luster at 75% off back in the day. I bought a lot, but if I knew what I know now, I'd be applying for credit cards like a madman.

Zam, as a matter of fact, I do have a leather jacket where I need the sleeves to be altered from the shoulder. Is that possible? I definitely would not want to give you extra work, but if you would find time in your busy schedule I'd be greatful.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Babar"]That's my all time favorite Dior Homme leather jacket. It's probably more versatile in dark brown but I'd pay a lot even for the black if I could find it. Did they ever do reissues of it?[/quote]

No, and you are looking at an idiot who could've bought a flabbergasting amount of Luster at 75% off back in the day. I bought a lot, but if I knew what I know now, I'd be applying for credit cards like a madman.

Zam, as a matter of fact, I do have a leather jacket where I need the sleeves to be altered from the shoulder. Is that possible? I definitely would not want to give you extra work, but if you would find time in your busy schedule I'd be greatful.

[/quote]

Yes it is possible, depending on how the shoulders/ sleeves are cut ............ sometimes it is even easier than doing it from the hem (eg. if the hem has working buttonholes. that may be a challenge thats easier from the shoulders)

the only two cases where it may be difficult (almost impossible) is if the jacket is a plaid (distortion in the alignment of the plaid/ stripes?) or it is a raglan type sleeve .

Lets make an appointment for sometime next week(end?) into the second week of July , and i will be able to work some magic for you.

I have to see the actual garment first though before i can say with 100% surety if its doable............

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="zamb"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

Yes it is possible, depending on how the shoulders/ sleeves are cut ............ sometimes it is even easier than doing it from the hem (eg. if the hem has working buttonholes. that may be a challenge thats easier from the shoulders)

the only two cases where it may be difficult is if the jacket is a plaid (distortion in the alignment of the plaid/ stripes?) or it is a raglan sleeve .

Lets make an appointment for sometime next week(end?) into the second week of July , and i will be able to work some magic for you.

I have to see the actual garment first though before i can say with 100% surety if its doable............

[/quote]

You got it [Y] It's the classic Margiela biker jacket - so it's one tone, lined (the only hard part I see is actually working with suede). Thank you.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
                        • Sep 2006

have you guys ever bitten the bullet on something you had no measurements for but fear may be too small?

and yes that luster jacket is amazing.

Comment

• yepanchin
                          • Jun 2007

I think I will purchase it but I normally wear a 44 ( I'm 5'9-10" and 125lbs) but I think this would be good with a hoody or knit underneath. The unfortunate thing is I have not heard back from the seller!

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

Re: Yohji top

I've been thinking about this one for awhile, but free shipping at LVR runs out tomorrow. Opinions, please. [51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

That is gorgeous Laika! I would say a big YES.

p.s. Free shipping? Is this for sale items? Womens only? How did I miss that?
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• H-R
                                • May 2007

cas, i think it's free shipping for all fall winter items.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎