• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="Casius"][

[/quote]

the basck is pefect, double welt pockets with two flaps, so you have the option of folding one or both of the flapsin if you like, the pockets are positioned properly, about 3.5" down from the waist and Horizontally parallel to the waisband seam so it creates a good line across the back.

the most important thing though is that there is no folding of the fabric in the seat of the pant ("wedgie") so i think this is a definate yes!!!!

I think its fairly easy to find a really nice dress shirt to go with these pants..............

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Yes to both. I agree with zam that the pants are great, and I think the shirt is a nice well-priced basic. The flower is removable, btw, if that makes a difference.
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Zam, thanks for your feedback on the pants - this is exactly the kind of reviews I want to hear from a tailor! [Y] I think I've learned a bit from it.

I say yes to the pants, maybe on the shirt. Although I really liked the shirts (plural, because they come in many colors) at first, I am now not so sure, because the cotton is very rigid. It's inexpensive though compared to everything else out there! Props to Dries for keeping his prices sane in the times of insanity.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Zam, thanks for your feedback on the pants - this is exactly the kind of reviews I want to hear from a tailor! [Y] I think I've learned a bit from it.

I say yes to the pants, maybe on the shirt. Although I really liked the shirts (plural, because they come in many colors) at first, I am now not so sure, because the cotton is very rigid. It's inexpensive though compared to everything else out there! Props to Dries for keeping his prices sane in the times of insanity.

[/quote]

Yes thanks, Anytime!!!!!!

I wanted to tell you guys that anytime you have a question regarding Sewing/ Tailoring/ Pattern Making etc. you can feel free to throw it my way, and I'd be willing to help.

i didnt do it before because i am somewhat antagonistic towards the idea of self promotion or anything that would seem to suggest it. but whatever i can contibute (when needed) I am more than willing to offer...........

ZB

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Yea, that was a great description for the pants Zam! Well, I'm going to go back to Barneys and see if I can acquire those pants.

Laika- It does make a tad bit of a difference I guess. If for the simple fact I can add a playful element (the flower) to the shirt for casual purposes and take it off for more formal use.

Faust- Yea, the cotton is kind of rigid but compared to most else out there it is very reasonable, I think that's mostly why I was leaning toward it. I'll have to try it on and make sure.
            Thanks everyone!
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• CHRIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2006

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

That's a big big nay from me Chris.

It's too.... big. Almost like a cape/jacket and capes aren't good. The arm straps and those shoulder pockets are obnoxious to me as well. The overall construction looks very cheap too.

Especially styled the way they did (why is he wearing skin tight leggings?) it looks really bad.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

No Please

Please no

no no no no .............................

Comment

• CHRIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]It's too.... big. Almost like a cape/jacket and capes aren't good. The arm straps and those shoulder pockets are obnoxious to me as well. The overall construction looks very cheap too.[/quote]

haha, i love it for all of the reasons that you hate it. well, except for the 'cheap construction' and truly horrible styling.

Comment

• soultek
                      • Feb 2007

So, I've been debating this for a while.. I had been wanting the black donkey leather Guidi shoes for about a year. Then last trip I made to NYC, Atelier had just got their shipment in. I was on the way to the airport. I had just enough time to size the shoes and buy them. I barely noticed the boots.

I like the shoes, however I think I'd actually get more use out of the boots, so I've been considering picking up the boots while A still has them (I'm in LA and maxfield's never got them). In order to do that, I'd have to sell the shoes (still in pristine condition). I need to do something fast so they don't sell out of the boots (and so I could start wearing either of the shoes too)

So, I'm wondering

-how much I would get for the shoes on Ebay

-whether A would exchange the shoes for the boots if I offer a restocking fee

-if I should just keep the shoes and be happy with them. (I don't wear cropped pants, or tuck my pants into my boot so the boots and shoes would almost look the same)

Any advice would be appreciated.. [:)]

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="soultek"]

So, I've been debating this for a while.. I had been wanting the black donkey leather Guidi shoes for about a year. Then last trip I made to NYC, Atelier had just got their shipment in. I was on the way to the airport. I had just enough time to size the shoes and buy them. I barely noticed the boots.

I like the shoes, however I think I'd actually get more use out of the boots, so I've been considering picking up the boots while A still has them (I'm in LA and maxfield's never got them). In order to do that, I'd have to sell the shoes (still in pristine condition). I need to do something fast so they don't sell out of the boots (and so I could start wearing either of the shoes too)

So, I'm wondering

-how much I would get for the shoes on Ebay

-whether A would exchange the shoes for the boots if I offer a restocking fee

-if I should just keep the shoes and be happy with them. (I don't wear cropped pants, or tuck my pants into my boot so the boots and shoes would almost look the same)

Any advice would be appreciated.. [:)]

[/quote]

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either of them. With that said, I would stick with the lace up shoes, especially seeing as you don't or won't tuck your pants into the boots. I could see if you might want to be tucking them in, then they definitely become more versatile than the shoes but if not, then the shoes are cool!
                        Also, weren't the lace up shoes a little cheaper than the boots? I don't quite know A's return policy (or if there even is one), but there is no shame in calling.
                        Take into consideration I love lace up shoes a lot more than boots. [:)]
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]

[quote user="Chinorlz"]It's too.... big. Almost like a cape/jacket and capes aren't good. The arm straps and those shoulder pockets are obnoxious to me as well. The overall construction looks very cheap too.[/quote]

haha, i love it for all of the reasons that you hate it. well, except for the 'cheap construction' and truly horrible styling.

[/quote]

Is it from Seven, Chris? Their pics make everything look bad, even Haider Ackerman. I actually like the cape part, and you certainly have the height to pull it off. It depends on price and quality, I would say.

Yes or No to this belt--I have the top already, and I really like the equestrian/warrior look of the two together....not sure I can pull it off though (I am somewhat small), and not terrifically tough looking. [:^)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• deuxmille
                            • Nov 2006

The belt is nice, but I don't think it's a good idea to recreate whole looks like that. I've made the mistake in the past and always regreted it, especially if you say it isn't really you. If you can remove the vertical strap and wear it as a regular belt too, it could be worth it maybe.

Chris, as much as I hate the jacket on that guy (wtf is going on in that picture?) I'm sure you could do a much better job with it.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I am not sure about the belt, laika. I think it might be a little too "tough"
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Love the belt Laika. Maybe you can wear it in a different way than pictured? I believe Drexl from tFS has the same belt and he wears it with the long skinny part hanging over one thigh. It's a beautiful look.
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎