X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="Faust"]/\ I've never seen it. If it's from older season, yes it may be a little roomy.
    [/quote]

The problem with buying online is that some pieces are roomier, which you can easily see with measurements, but are made to be worn that way, which you can only realise by going to brick and mortar retailers. I don't have any solution to offer but I'd be careful not to get a dior fit with a Raf cut.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• pbt
      • Jan 2007

Thanks for the feeback. Fuuma, I agree with you on the fit/cut issue. I was thinking iftheroominess was overcoatroominessit might work on me.Just received the actualmeasurements, andI don't think it's designed tobe worn as an overcoat(19 shoulder and 20 chest for anyone who might be curious to know).

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

Pleasure Principle cape-hoodie thing. Not pushing too many boundaries here, thought it was an interesting piece at $190 or so regardless. I've been trying to find a piece to achieve this sort of upper-body silhouette, seems like there should be some sort of army-surplus piece that achieves this effect but so far I've found nothing.

I'm thinking probably no, but hell, maybe someone else here is looking for this sort of thing as well, so I figure I'll post it.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_2b87qT5uNF4/...h/IMG_5993.jpg

edit: believe this is the same piece shown at Seven, but in a different color:

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

Lanvin Jacket?

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Co...&CodArticolo=4

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

Lanvin Jacket?

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Co...&CodArticolo=4

[/quote]

Maybe. It doesn't look like anything special... but it could to you :-). Lanvin is usually impeccable quality, but the word "satin" in description turns me off, even though the jacket is 100% cotton. Weird.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

johnny, I think it's beautiful--color, cut, everything. I'm sure "satin," just means the cotton has a sheen (like cotton sateen). Yes from me.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Johnny, laika just inadvertently reminded me - I was thinking yesterday evening that a Gustavo Lins jacket may be a better choice. I know it's not exactly a Yay/Nay, but I thought I'd write that anyway :-)
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

[quote user="laika"]

johnny, I think it's beautiful--color, cut, everything. I'm sure "satin," just means the cotton has a sheen (like cotton sateen). Yes from me.

[/quote]

Yes, you are right on this one (not that youve been wrong on any other[:)])

Satin (as in cotton sateen) can be a weave , the way the fibres in the fabric is woven, to create a shiny, smooth surface)

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• deuxmille
                    • Nov 2006

Those in light gray, yes or no?

Comment

• Divo
                      • Mar 2007

Are those the Nicolo'Ceschi Berrini pants as available at Atelier? If they are then a definite YES, if they are from a brand in a higher price category (f.e. CCP), then I do not know if this would be a good purchase, because they don't seem to bethat special that it will be worth more than 500 bucks.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

based on the link, they're LUC pants. i say yes, i like the cut, and a nice light gray color would be nice for the spring/summer.

also, the berrini stuff i tried on at A not too long ago was very nice.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• deuxmille
                          • Nov 2006

/\
                          Yup, they're LUC and they're less than 500$. I like them a lot, but I'm not sure yet because a)I'm broke b)I have a pair of CCP that are somewhat similar... the X-stitch ones from last winter (not sure that's the name, but the store people reffered to them as such). I really need some summer pants though and I'm extremely tired of skinny pants plus it would be my last Tokyo purchase and probably my last purchase in a long time since there's nothing good to buy in Montreal. Mmmmm.....

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

well, if you're broke, i would say no for now. no need to get into financial problems over a pair of pants. you could always order from atelier and have them ship it to you in Montreal.
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• deuxmille
                              • Nov 2006

The thought of having almost matching pants with nairb while strolling the streets of our town is greater than mere financial trouble I'm afraid.

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

I usually allow myself one "big" item a season and I think I've decided on this Cloak jacket:

This hood is quite neat, you can unzip those two horizontal zips and let it all fly out or take the hood off completely. I've tried on the other Cloak jackets this season and this is my favorite. Other things I was considering was maybe a funky blazer from Dior, but I think this will get more use. Only problem, like most designer goods, I don't think it's worth the $1090 price, but it's something I would be sad about if it was gone come sale time. What do you think? Get it now, wait it out and cross my fingers, or get a blazer instead of a jacket?

music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎