• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

/\ Casem, since you like Ervell, I saw a very similar jacket by him at Opening Ceremony - I'm sure it's cheaper than Cloak, maybe by half.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Casem- I like the jacket for sure. If you find that you may regret it later if you don't buy it now, then I would say go for it. But I can seriously see that piece making it to sale time, but that's just me guessing.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

I saw the beige translucent Ervell jacket at Opening Ceremony, which while very different would serve the same function and it's only $350. I do like it, but then I thought if I bought it, I would probably still want the Cloak one so no use buying 2 light jackets this season. Was there a black Ervell jacket too that more closely resembles the Cloak one? I'm thinking it would be around the same price.

I guess I should try and wait for sales(only a couple months now), I know exactly how many smalls they have so maybe I'll just keep checking in...

music

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

I saw the beige translucent Ervell jacket at Opening Ceremony, which while very different would serve the same function and it's only $350. I do like it, but then I thought if I bought it, I would probably still want the Cloak one so no use buying 2 light jackets this season. Was there a black Ervell jacket too that more closely resembles the Cloak one? I'm thinking it would be around the same price.

I guess I should try and wait for sales(only a couple months now), I know exactly how many smalls they have so maybe I'll just keep checking in...

[/quote]

Oh, no, that jacket was crap... sorry, but it looked like something you get at Walmart, or something. There was another one, very closely resembling the Cloak one, made out of waxed linen, I think. It was nice.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

I think this might be the jacket Faust is referring to; Albeit this one isn't black, although it does come in black. It's polyurethane coated cotton with a silk lining and cashmere ribbing.

Looks pretty cool if you ask me.

Comment

• nairb49
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]The thought of having almost matching pants with nairb while strolling the streets of our town is greater than mere financial trouble I'm afraid.[/quote]

HAAAAAAAHAHHAHAH I'll wear my white ones when you wear the black ones.

Comment

• deuxmille
                • Nov 2006

/\
                I'm getting them in light gray, we'll match much better.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

What do you guys think about the bottom black shoes? I was thinking they might be a nice casual shoe to wear with white jeans this spring/summer. If they came in grey, I might be even more tempted.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

i think the black ones would look better in the shoe style above (i.e. with laces). otherwise they just look like leather socks.
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• soultek
                      • Feb 2007

I agree with ddohnggo. I've never cared for exposed elastic bands unless it's for sneakers.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Yea, the first ones I like a lot as well, just not the white. I agree ddohnggo, if the first shoes came in black, those would be legit. Or grey. After seeing those grey ccp shoes I just fell in love.

Comment

• CHRIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2006

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ann-Demeulem...QQcmdZViewItem

i've been eyeing it for a while... i just dont know if it'll get $350 worth of use.

Comment

• Ann romance
                            • Mar 2007

ha. i saw that a few days ago. I wouldn't doubt that it will look very unique. but on the other hand i looks rather messy. 2 cents.[:D]

$350 ? nah.

Comment

• nairb49
                              • Dec 2006

Thats interesting, and I could see you pulling it off Chris, but I say take a page out of your own book and DIY. I don't think you can wear it enough, its pretty stand out.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]

Thats interesting, and I could see you pulling it off Chris, but I say take a page out of your own book and DIY. I don't think you can wear it enough, its pretty stand out.

[/quote]

Someone liked it enough :-). I used to have this belt in white, and while being an amazing piece, imagine if you had to untangle yourself out of it in order to go to the bathroom? I still might've kept it if I had it in black, but mine was a white version. This belt is only a part of the thing though - I could wrap mine around my torso (32) about 6 times.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎