• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="Casius"]I think this might be the jacket Faust is referring to; Albeit this one isn't black, although it does come in black. It's polyurethane coated cotton with a silk lining and cashmere ribbing.

Looks pretty cool if you ask me.

[/quote]

Yes, that's it! Doesn't look like much from the pix, maybe it's the color.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Casius, I would say no, based on the sole - I don't think they will provide much support for your foot.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Casius, I would say no, based on the sole - I don't think they will provide much support for your foot.
        [/quote]

You know, that is a great observation and you're are most likely right. My search for a casual shoe for summer continues....

And yea, that Patrik Ervell jacket looks rather bland in that color.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• irrlicht
          • Jan 2007

$400 for these boots? very tempting...

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Checked out the Ervell jacket in black today at Opening Ceremony. It's OK, a decent jacket for the price but it's just so boring compared to the Cloak one. It's not nearly nice enough to make me forget about the Cloak jacket so I'll hold off and hope to get it on sale (or break down in a few weeks and pay full price).

Also tried these pants out:

As I was putting them on I thought "oooh this is going to be good" as they were nice and skinny and looked great, until I got up to the waist and could hardly button them [:'(]

That was a 30 so I tried 32 (no inbetween sizes damnit) and the leg was soooo much baggier they didn't look good at all. I think if somewhere carried the whole collection I could find something great from Ervell but nothing in stores has done it for me. The search for something by Ervell that I like continues...

music

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

Checked out the Ervell jacket in black today at Opening Ceremony. It's OK, a decent jacket for the price but it's just so boring compared to the Cloak one. It's not nearly nice enough to make me forget about the Cloak jacket so I'll hold off and hope to get it on sale (or break down in a few weeks and pay full price).

Also tried these pants out:

As I was putting them on I thought "oooh this is going to be good" as they were nice and skinny and looked great, until I got up to the waist and could hardly button them [:'(]

That was a 30 so I tried 32 (no inbetween sizes damnit) and the leg was soooo much baggier they didn't look good at all. I think if somewhere carried the whole collection I could find something great from Ervell but nothing in stores has done it for me. The search for something by Ervell that I like continues...

[/quote]

Yea, the Cloak piece definitely has more substance to it. As for Ervell, I have dealt with the same issues with his clothing. Still haven't found a piece of his that I 'need' to have.

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

OMG, FAUST, this dress is on EBAY!!!! In my size, eeeeek!!!!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ there goes your PhD funding... [:D] Needless to say, it's a Yay - it's like buying a Picasso :-) auctionsniper is your friend.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

my little heart is beating very, very fast, lol....how ridiculous am I? [:S][U]

there was a buy-it-now, but I placed a bid so it would go away....i just need to confirm the condition....

sheesh, calm yourself, laika!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

my little heart is beating very, very fast, lol....how ridiculous am I? [:S][U]

there was a buy-it-now, but I placed a bid so it would go away....i just need to confirm the condition....

sheesh, calm yourself, laika!

[/quote]

No, I totally understand - I think it's great.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

[quote user="irrlicht"]

$400 for these boots? very tempting...

[/quote]

who made these boots?

I have something very similar to them by Dries Van Noten

i got them for $70 on sale at C21 last year!!!!!!!!

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

[quote user="laika"]

OMG, FAUST, this dress is on EBAY!!!! In my size, eeeeek!!!!

[/quote]

LAIKA ,GET IT!!!!!!! thats a collectors piece, if you dont want it ill buy it from you!!!!!!!

I will need it for my Archives.

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

guys, i did it. [:$] It's mine.

zam, can you see why your work makes me think of Chalayan? [;)]

be back later---gotta take a walk to wear off the excitement!

edit: wish droogist was here, i know she would appreciate this so much too...

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Oh my! Excellent Laika! Chalayan's womenswear is one of my favorite and that dress is just beautiful. You do know however that waywt pics will be mandatory? [:)]

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

guys, i did it. [:$] It's mine.

zam, can you see why your work makes me think of Chalayan? [;)]

be back later---gotta take a walk to wear off the excitement!

edit: wish droogist was here, i know she would appreciate this so much too...

[/quote]

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎