• Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

guys, i did it. [:$] It's mine.

zam, can you see why your work makes me think of Chalayan? [;)]

be back later---gotta take a walk to wear off the excitement!

edit: wish droogist was here, i know she would appreciate this so much too...

[/quote]

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Laika, I still have a few bottles of Wine from my presentation in February, i will drink to your conquest tonite!!!!!!!!!! .

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Laika! Congratulations!!!

I will concede, Chalayan's womenswear is stunning and damn well executed. Can't wait to see you wearing it in the WAYWT thread!

I have a bit of a conundrum... At the moment I can only buy one piece... what should it be from the following:

- MA+ Aviator Hoodie (I'm leaning towards this one)

- CCP off-white boots

- CCP gray boots

- MA+ belt bag (not the triangular shaped one)

In a perfect world, money would not be finite!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Thanks, guys! I promise to post pics when I get it. [:)] I really could not be happier--I had lost all hope of ever getting my hands on one of those dresses!

Albert, I am also leaning towards the hoodie...I think you would wear it a lot, and I think it's the most unique of the items you are considering. I really like it, actually. :-) In theory, I suppose boots would be more practical, but I'm guessing you already own several pairs. Plus, they are always around.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• sbw4224
          • Sep 2006

I would go with the hoodie/jacket. If I remember correctly, you already have a pair of CCP boots, no? The bag is very cool, but not as useful or unique in my opinion.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

OMG, FAUST, this dress is on EBAY!!!! In my size, eeeeek!!!!

[/quote]

Wow!!!!!!!

Chinorz: if you're still wondering you do know none of those pieces are "essential" so why not wait a little and see if a)one of these really grows on you 2)You find something else

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

For me it's a tie between the MA+ hoody and the white CCP boots. While I think you might get more wear out of the hoody, the boots are just so cool and I think the color can be worked into a lot of outfits.

The bag, while cool is very expensive and you would have to really 'need' a bag to make it worth it. And the grey boots are cool, but don't you already have a black pair? I think they would create a similar effect to the black, while the white boots would stand out.

Decisions, decisions...

Be sure to update us in the recent purchases thread. :)
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Thanks for the fast input everyone! Just sorta confirmed me wanting the MA+ hoodie hehe.

Fuuma, you're always logical. I appreciate it. I've been looking around for a while for a nice hoodie (I haven't had a good one since I sold all the ones I had from Luster a ways back). Pairing a well cut hoodie with Linea-esque designs and it'll easily become a staple for my wardrobe.

So I picked it up in size 50 just now... so in a couple of weeks (or less) I'll have some new pieces for the WAYWT thread (and so will Laika!!!!!!).

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Awesome Albert! I think you'll get a lot of wear out of that piece.

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

Amazing dress, Laika. Congratulations!
                    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Albert, I think you made a good choice.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
                        • Nov 2006

I'd go for the MA+ aviator hoodie thing too, it's really amazing. You should try it on first (I'm assuming you will considering the price) since the cut is very form fitting. The CCP boots gross me out to be honest after seeing them up close.

Oh, didn't see you already bought it. I'm jealous :P Enjoy wearing it.

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

What do you all think? Both items are by Dries. I have been looking for a nice pair of trousers and a black button up to wear to formal events or for more of a casual outing.

[:)]

Comment

• sbw4224
                            • Sep 2006

The pants look great, but I'm not so sure about the collar on the shirt. I tend to like my collars a little less flared, but it could just be the angle of the picture.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

What do you all think? Both items are by Dries. I have been looking for a nice pair of trousers and a black button up to wear to formal events or for more of a casual outing.

[:)]

[/quote]

I sayb a Big yes to the pant, Really nice cut, and that oversize coin pocket flap is really cool, how does the back look (that is very important too!!!!!) back pocket poportions,fall, double welt, single welt etc, can really make or break a pants, but from a frontal view im saying yes.

The shirt i say no, i personally hate dress shirts with pockets, and the pocket on this one is too high, it looks somewhat awkward........ thats my two cents.

ZB

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="zamb"]

I sayb a Big yes to the pant, Really nice cut, and that oversize coin pocket flap is really cool, how does the back look (that is very important too!!!!!) back pocket poportions,fall, double welt, single welt etc, can really make or break a pants, but from a frontal view im saying yes.

The shirt i say no, i personally hate dress shirts with pockets, and the pocket on this one is too high, it looks somewhat awkward........ thats my two cents.

ZB

[/quote]

Yea, I was thinking the exact same thing about the shirt pocket, plus I was undecided on the whole flower bit.

Zam- Here's the back of the pants, what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎