X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: S/S 2007 Arrivals and Reviews

Sorry no 6s are to be found ddohnggo. Keep an eye out on yahoo auctions in the next month or two... it's quite possible that you'll get lucky (although have to pay around retail) and get a pair in size 6.

CCP boots are ones I'm willing to pay retail for. In part, they're damn near impossible to find otherwise and like CDiems will last you a million years with good care. Yeah it's a tough pill to swallow that $1600ish and I've only taken that plunge once, but it's not one I regret.

Atelier put one pair of CCP boots on sale during their last season blowout where they cleared out their back storeroom (the whole 40-80% sale). At the same time they had put those Linea shoes at 50% off too. The boots were the thick sliced sole ones. I highly doubt they'll put the ones they got this season on sale at all because they're Carol's classic silhouette and design.

I'm curious as to how well the white ones sold this season. The Library had tons left.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• jiggy
      • Feb 2007

ddohnggo, I found these on the Y! japan in your size.

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

thanks jiggy. i may pass on those just because fees and shipping will be pretty high. i should show some patience though. maybe another will come up on ebay or the buyer of dark's boots will have a change of heart and will sell to me (wishful thinking!).

if not, then i will have to wait for the fall boots.

albert, do you know if l'eclaireur in paris had the boots?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

The ones on yahoo auction are paper interior. I didn't know he issued a boot like that this season. Very cool... but from the outside, looks just like his standard ones.

Ddohnggo, both the Library and L'Eclaireur have that boot and L'E has lots of other cool styles/colors from Carol as well including elephant boots etc.

I think they were around 1100-1200 euro. The down side is that they don't take CC phone orders (bank transfer only) nor will they mark items as gifts for overseas shipping...

I will be in Paris either next week or the week after for a day or two. If you want me to pick them up for you if you decide to get them (give them a call... Skype is your greatest friend) just let me know. I'll be back in Boston on the 11th so I can hand them off to you then.

Holla!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

thanks for the offer! however, i may be picking up another pair, hopefully it will work out.

Comment

• jj.still
              • Dec 2006

Ann D. bag

looking for black leather bag.

What do you guys think about this one? (photo is from Atelier gallery). Straps are not adjustable so it seems to be little inconvenient

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Re: Ann D. bag

The leather on that bag - you could eat it, it's so soft and buttery, even softer than the famous Balenciaga leather. You are right about the straps though. You are just meant to make a knot if you want to adjust it. It might be inconvenient, but Ann is all about nonchalance. :-)

BTW, for your reference, the model is about 6'2"

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

Re: Ann D. shirt

i really like the detail on the pleats. worth $225?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Can't speak in terms of worth (the price is borderline), but I think it's a beautiful shirt.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2006

i personally would not buy it, but i could see you wearing it well, so yes.

where are you getting it for $225? any other shirts from this season?

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                        • Sep 2006

I prefer the same shirt in black, this one is beautiful too.

I think the price is right for what you get.

Comment

• mesh
                          • Dec 2006

Don't buy it, you hate pleats.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

in fact i do not really like pleats, but the nice gradient detail kinda makes up for it.

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Well, I love pleats, and you probably won't find that particular combination of details (gradient and pleats) anywhere else, so it's a yes in that sense.

The only issue is that it's kinda expensive and it's white. I always find that white shirts have a short lifespan, because they inevitably show sweat stains (not that I, as a lady, sweat of course [:$]). So if you want it to last awhile, the black version might be a better option? [:^)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

good point laika. white shirts have to be babied in order to get the most bang for your buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎