X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Yes or No? CCP or M.A+ coat...

I agree with Albert. Although on the other hand, I would personally choose the CCP coat. I'm more fond of the buttons as per the clasp opening ala MA+.
    But honestly they both evoke such a different look that it's hard to choose....when it comes down to it.....I like em both. :)
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]I agree with Albert. Although on the other hand, I would personally choose the CCP coat. I'm more fond of the buttons as per the clasp opening ala MA+.
      But honestly they both evoke such a different look that it's hard to choose....when it comes down to it.....I like em both. :)

[/quote]

Agreed. Lance, aren't you in Boston? You'll freeze your belly off with just one claps closing the coat.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="wire.artist"]

If you like them both.

Go for the CCP if you NEED a coat, go for ma+ if you want a coat.

I'll go personally for the poell coat since is a masterpiece but still functional.

[/quote]

Wire Artists puts it well. I'd still go with the MA+ and just freeze a little hehehehe. Suffer for style!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="wire.artist"]

If you like them both.

I'll go personally for the poell coat since is a masterpiece but still functional.

[/quote]

Wire Artists puts it well. I'd still go with the MA+ and just freeze a little hehehehe. Suffer for style!

[/quote]

haha..I second that.

Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

[quote user="merz"]

lance, there is another ...

[/quote]

YUM!!!

Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

not a fan of the pockets on the ma+ coat. ccp coat is ok... probably too expensive.

Comment

• Chim
                • Dec 2006

the ccp coat looks too mundane. MA+ for life

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

Both coats are bananas but i would go with the CCP because i could never pull off the other one [72]
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• LanceP
                    • Oct 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Leo, I'd go with the MA+ one. It's got the most unique look to it and that throne collar is just damn amazing. It's a piece I'd love to have myself!

The CCP one is nice and classic... but it'll be around for many many seasons. The nice thing about Carol is that there are pieces that will be issued over and over again whereas that MA+ coat... you never know!

[/quote]

That is the reason why I love the M.A+ piece... its uniqueness (aside from previous Linea pieces.) But, what you said about Carol crossed my mind, as well... especially 'cause he just did the overlock jacket again.

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Casius"]I agree with Albert. Although
                    on the other hand, I would personally choose the CCP coat. I'm more
                    fond of the buttons as per the clasp opening ala MA+.

[/quote]

Agreed. Lance, aren't you in Boston? You'll freeze your belly off with just one claps closing the coat.

[/quote]

Yes,
                    I am. That's why I was thinking that I would have to layer a bit with
                    the M.A+ coat... which is fine by me 'cause I'm not opposed to more knits! The CCP coat, on the other hand, is heavy/dense enough, especially with the
                    button closures nearing up to the neck, that layering isn't necessary.

[quote user="wire.artist"]

[/quote]

That's a pretty good way of putting it, and also what I've been told by others.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Re: Yes or No? CCP or M.A+ coat... (winter coats)

funny, i've had the exact same dilemma for a few months except still waiting for the winter CCP coat to come into A so i can see it in person. (i think its a slightly different coat w really heavy wool)
                      i loved the MA+ coat but felt that it was cut was way too tight across the chest, and i'm really skinny. i don't think you could get much under there if you tried. so i'm going to go with CCP, but i'm still fuming that my fencing jacket sprung a leak, so maybe i'll look for other winter jackets. anybody have a favorite this season? i haven't seen too many i liked.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="philip nod"] anybody have a favorite this season? i haven't seen too many i liked.

[/quote]

One of my favorites is that Rick Owens peacoat that A has. The detailing on the back is just awesome and it looks like the perfect weight.

Comment

• tony
                          • Sep 2007

Favorite? The cashmiere "ludwig" coat of RO[:|] or the black cardigan/whatever thingie ( Ann Dem)

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="tony"]Favorite? The cashmiere "ludwig" coat of RO[:|] or the black cardigan/whatever thingie ( Ann Dem)
                            [/quote]

Tony, which coat is the ludwig coat? :D

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]
                              anybody have a favorite this season? i haven't seen too many i liked.

[/quote]

Funny you should say this - I thought this was a great season for coats.

My faves.

The RO peacoat that Cas mentioned for the reasons he stated.

Undercover coat with wire collar.

Undercover coat with knit insert

Yohji Yamamoto double-breasted coat (incredibly elegant)

The Virid-Anne double coat.

Ok, it seems like I am endorsing Atelier, lol, but they have all these pictures and their buy was really stellar this season, in my opinion.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Also. Long (on me) biker coat by Junya Watanabe, the one that JJ.Still has.

Long Raf Simons coat at Barneys (haven't seen it on the runway for some reason). It's like this one, but not with contrasting fabric. The details on the arms are awesome, too.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎