Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badseeds
    • Mar 2007

Re: Keep or Don't Keep? Ann Demeulemeester Jacket...

Hey Kevin! So glad to see you here.

Another affirmative answer from here...It looks good on you, dont let it go! : )

Comment

• dzphoto
      • Dec 2006

Looks good. Does the quality of the coat feel good. Boot tuck not a problem in this situation.

Comment

• analog
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Or he can simply cuff them up. I believe those are working buttons, and a little bit of exposed lining is right up Ann's alley. That's what I do with my Ann coat.[/quote]Great point.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="dzphoto"]Looks good. Does the quality of the coat feel good. Boot tuck not a problem in this situation.[/quote]

I don't like Ann's quality this season at all. Everything is flimsy.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• uparmoured
            • Sep 2007

I must say that I love the material of the jacket and pants... The jacket does not have a rigid structured feel to it but I guess that it is designed that way to be worn with a drape... Both items are 100% Virgin Wool so it provides a great deal of warmth without much weight...

But I know what you mean Faust, it just doesn't feel as 'meaty' as other labels... Nonetheless I am very happy with the jacket...

FS: M.A+
            FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

is there anyplace online at the moment selling that jacket? might be interested in getting one, preferably in europe or japan is fine as well.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Mike, LVR has one left in Medium (which might be a tad big on you) in black. You could also call the same place Les got his; Park.co.at

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

is there anyplace online at the moment selling that jacket? might be interested in getting one, preferably in europe or japan is fine as well.

[/quote]

I'm sure Ann's boutique will have it. I wonder if they do international orders.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

Number (N)ine jodhpur pants

I saw a pair of these at the new york store and i'm on the fence. i tried finding a photo on mens style but the ballooning thighs don't come across.
                    anybody seen these?
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ionn26
                      • Feb 2007

Re: Dior Homme shiny coated jeans

So... I am thinking about getting this season's Dior Homme's shiny coated jeans and cut and rip the bottom out to emulate the strip jeans(my long lost unable to find jeans). What do you guys think???? Good idea or no...

Comment

• Mirror&Rack
                        • Sep 2007

Hmmmm.......it depends. You would have to use the proper tools, as i'm not sure how the current denim responds. I would make sure you get the 19cm hem MIJ version, and then backpatch the holes with black....i think i saw a guy with originals posted..... yep....in the classifieds sz 29....dunno if that helps. cheers.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

If you can find a pair of the luster painted jeans then you could almost definitely do it. I remember during theVotC era, there were a LOT of fake ripped Strip jeans on yahoo japan. They would buy the oil/painted black denim normal jeans and then just rip them themselves. The result was pretty convincing but like Karim said, you have to repaint them after ripping them not to mention add in the front shin layer so that you don't rip the bottoms of the legs out when you put the pants on quickly hahaha

can be done!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Yes or No?

has anyone seen this Juliuscoat in person? I'm curious to know what the fabric is like, it has this weird purple shine in the pictures which I'm not too fond of. I really like the cut of the jacket but I dont want some chameleon pimp coat [<:o)]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• macuser3of5
                              • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

Looks like a nylon/cotton blend from here... I say no, if it is indeed nylon/cotton, you really won't like how it hangs. Beside that chance, it looks somewhat odd to me, the sheen is not too pleasant.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="macuser3of5"]I say no, if it is indeed nylon/cotton, you really won't like how it hangs. [/quote]

I wouldn't necessarily mind that it drapes, I'm actually looking for a slightly drapy/softer fabric since I have a trench thats pretty stiff nylon and more like a "shell". I'm mostly woried about the color and texture. the seller on Yahoo also has it in black which I'm more interested in, but italso seems to have a weird colored shine to it.

fabric is 65% rayon, 27% cotton, 8%poly

this pic, however doesn't look as bad:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎