X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macuser3of5
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

^^ I have a pair of Costume National pants with a similar composition (no poly though), and they're great looking and lightweight, the rayon definitely makes them drape really well. They have a nice reflective sheen which tends to photograph horribly, especially when one uses flash or a low ISO. Given that, I would say a tentative yes, though it's your call :D

Comment

• figurine
      • Oct 2007

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4...0118662mj5.jpg

What are your thoughts on this?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

never was a big fan on of short sleeve hoodies, nor sleeveless ones for that matter. just a personal preference though

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mass
          • Sep 2006

should i get my raf coat cropped some more? i already did get it shortened by about 4 inches i think. it looks ok (imo) in the pics but when i'm walking or whatever i feel like it could be shorter. i also have bad posture.

the red circle is where the last button is i think. too lazy to retake pics. does anyone think it's noticably better shorter? on the other hand i feel on the shorter version there isn't enough room after the button...

thanks!

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="mass"]should i get my raf coat cropped some more? i already did get it shortened by about 4 inches i think. it looks ok (imo) in the pics but when i'm walking or whatever i feel like it could be shorter. i also have bad posture.

the red circle is where the last button is i think. too lazy to retake pics. does anyone think it's noticably better shorter?

thanks![/quote]

Having seen the coat in person I can easily say no, for the following reasons:

1) Shorter = colder for the winter

2) The coat is oversized and futuristic, having it short would throw off the balance, especially considering the button placement

3) If you cut it you're going to end up with some sort of A shape, which is usually bad on men, especially if it ends near the waist.

4) It looks extremely cool that way and I am very jealous. (funnel neck, thick wonderful fabric, oversized but in a good way = perfect)

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

A big NO, mass, especially based on Fuuma's reason #3.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
                • Sep 2006

ok thanks guys. (:

i wore it with my boots this morning and it felt like a cape. switched to sneakers again and it's fine... but maybe i'm just being nitpicky.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I think it looks good either way, doesn't look too A shaped in the second pic IMO.

what if you tapered it just a bit? maybe that would help how it feels when walking, or is it precisely the length youre worried about?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="mass"]ok thanks guys. (:

i wore it with my boots this morning and it felt like a cape. switched to sneakers again and it's fine... but maybe i'm just being nitpicky.[/quote]

I hear you on that. I can't wear long coats with pants tucked into boots, because there is little room left for the pant leg and proportions get distorted.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

I cannot see the details on the front of the coat, which is very important with regards to proportions............ but from my experience, i would advise you to leave it as it is, the "rule of thumb" is, unless its a pea-coat or a bomber/ jacket, it needs to be significantly longer (at least 6") than the tip of your thumb (no pun intended) other than that the proportions become distorted..............
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

I apologize for being so pesky about purchases recently. I'm more-or-less completely broke, but it's starting to get cold and I am without a jacket and lost my only sweater, so I'm trying to make my purchases count.

A.P.C. Wool Jacket. Betting I'll be able to grab it in the $200 range. Fits my style (minimal, hidden buttons, black, etc...) and seems like it could be dressed up or down and is lined wool so it's pretty warm. Worth it? Wait for something else to come up? If I sell some stuff I might be able to find an extra $200 - $300 to spent on a jacket, which would probably put me in the $400 - $500 range, although I'd prefer not to.* Anything in that range that's worth it at the moment?

*hoping to start saving for a pair of boots
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Probably not in retail stores, Servo. I have to say though, I remember seeing a picture of you, and thinking that you would be so perfect in the late 90's/early 00's Raf aesthetic - a long, sharp tailored coat. I think you should try to find one (not necessarily Raf).

One of my most favorite fashion images ever.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mustard
                            • Mar 2007

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/NICOLO+CESCHI+BERRINI/tskay/5B7C71F8/cod10/390535721S/sts/dreambox/areaid/74/id_code/826134_25_11_1S_70

Nicolo Ceschi Berrini grey cashmere sweater. Not sure how I feel about the length. Is it supposed to look like that?

Also, anything know how Berrini's sizing is? I heard the stuff is cut very tiny.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                              • Aug 2007

[quote user="mass"]ok thanks guys. (: i wore it with my boots this morning and it felt like a cape. switched to sneakers again and it's fine... but maybe i'm just being nitpicky.[/quote]

yeah i think it loooooks sharp. i have an oversized trench the same length and i get the whole creepy cape feeling too sometimes, especially with booots. but everything looks good there.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="mustard"]

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/NICOLO+CESCHI+BERRINI/tskay/5B7C71F8/cod10/390535721S/sts/dreambox/areaid/74/id_code/826134_25_11_1S_70

Nicolo Ceschi Berrini grey cashmere sweater. Not sure how I feel about the length. Is it supposed to look like that?

Also, anything know how Berrini's sizing is? I heard the stuff is cut very tiny.

[/quote]

I dont think they run very small, I have a sz 50 henley which is pretty loose fitting for me, I usually wear 48-50. so quite true to size atleast on the few pieces I own.

I think the size is a bit on thebig side in the pic, I'd guess it fits just slightly tall with long sleeves. just a guess though.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎