• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PrinceOfCats
    • Jan 2007

Re: Yes or No?

These?

Or these? Okay, these are probably a long shot on this forum, but imagine yourself wired, ghost-riding the whip across Whitechapel and they seem like more of a good idea... (admittedly, that's a slightly limited set of circumstances to base a purchase on)

Or plain black or white?

Or just a different pair of trainers? ;)

the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I like the bottom ones better because the sole does not contrast too much with the top.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I dont think that angle is really a good way to view a shoe.. but anyway, I'd guess those are the typical spring court shape which is a nice basic andclassic sneaker.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]I apologize for being so pesky about purchases recently. I'm more-or-less completely broke, but it's starting to get cold and I am without a jacket and lost my only sweater, so I'm trying to make my purchases count.

A.P.C. Wool Jacket. Betting I'll be able to grab it in the $200 range. Fits my style (minimal, hidden buttons, black, etc...) and seems like it could be dressed up or down and is lined wool so it's pretty warm. Worth it? Wait for something else to come up? If I sell some stuff I might be able to find an extra $200 - $300 to spent on a jacket, which would probably put me in the $400 - $500 range, although I'd prefer not to.* Anything in that range that's worth it at the moment?

*hoping to start saving for a pair of boots

[/quote]

I don't know how tall you are or what your build is, Servo, but I have this coat. The interesting thing I found was that it tended to hang away from my body with a more A-line shape, which was the image of Raf's Jil sander collection last Fall (especially since it's such a clean line with the hidden buttons), which is when this APC coat came out. I found that the actual Jil pieces didn't look that way when I tried them, but that this coat did, at a fraction of the price. Not as extreme, though. And it's warm, but it's not a heavy coat, mind.

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

PrinceofCats: you can't really go wrong with Springcourts, since they're so classic, yeah? I think either of them would work, although it really depends on whether you want the shine of a metallic or not. I'm personally leaning towards the beige pair - there's something cool about an odd neutral tone that matches nothing on your outfit. It's a more Men's Non-no / streetwear look. They'll look particularly good when they get all beat up and the white parts get dirtier.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

heres something I've been thinking about.. I know most of you guys probably like this m.a+ jacket like I do, but what I'm concerned with is how versatile it is, and is it worth 800?? and most of all, what does it feel like, has anybody seen it in person or tried it on?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

i haven't seen or handled that piece in particular, but it looks similar in construction and material to the hooded coat at A. that one is nice and feels pretty warm, but definitely not a super warm winter coat as it's unlined and not that heavy. so i guess it depends on what you're looking for the coat to do for you.
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

That's pretty much the most perfect coat i've ever seen, looks-wise.
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i haven't seen or handled that piece in particular, but it looks similar in construction and material to the hooded coat at A. that one is nice and feels pretty warm, but definitely not a super warm winter coat as it's unlined and not that heavy. so i guess it depends on what you're looking for the coat to do for you.
                    [/quote]

yea I figured it wouldn't winter-warm, I'm actually looking for more of an in-between jacket as it seems the fall here is so long nowadays, breaksknows what I'm talking about [66]

when its 8-10C for 3 monthsI feel a bit cold withmost of my jackets which are all thin cotton or equivalent,and its definately too warm for a winter coat.. so I guess this might fit those specs?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

i would say so. the hooded one at A felt toasty with a sweater on.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Mike, I give it a yes.That coat is perfect; Perfect length, fabric looks great, and the detailing is nice. A+
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• uparmoured
                          • Sep 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

heres something I've been thinking about.. I know most of you guys probably like this m.a+ jacket like I do, but what I'm concerned with is how versatile it is, and is it worth 800?? and most of all, what does it feel like, has anybody seen it in person or tried it on?

[/quote]

That M.A+ Jacket is really nice but I think it could do with a bit more length in the body to compliment the additional length in the sleeves... For something that is more structured in the arms, I am really feeling this LUC jacket... The Missus tried on this jacket in black and it looked amazing...

FS: M.A+
                          FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

uparmoured, do you know if that's 100% cotton or wool? i love luc.

Comment

• uparmoured
                              • Sep 2007

Click on the picture for details...

As the Italians would say:

100% cotone

FS: M.A+
                              FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

[/quote]

mike,

where did you see this? 800 euros seems like a good deal for any MA+ jacket considering most hoodies are in the 1550+ range. i'm not sure i like the way it buttons, a little lippy. wonder what it looks like unbuttoned. but it is a devastating jacket overall.
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎