X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orochi
    • Sep 2007

Re: Yes or No?

/\ Try hunting for old-school Helmut Lang denim on eBay.You can usually score good deals on them as there are still plenty of dead stock from the Prada-era. Style-wise hisraw denim jensare(were) pretty much along the same vein as APC's, but I findLang's to be better made.

Comment

• Who?
      • Aug 2007

I am not sure about the lapel shape, yes or no?

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• mass
        • Sep 2006

gets a yes from me, although personally i am concerned about the closure. who makes that? i've actually been looking for something similar sans leather...

Comment

• Orochi
          • Sep 2007

Normally I'm not big on shawl lapels but this one is quite narrow and sleek. It's still definitely a "dinner jacket" but not as stuffy and staid as the traditional ones.

Comment

• Who?
            • Aug 2007

[quote user="mass"]gets a yes from me, although personally i am concerned about the closure. who makes that? i've actually been looking for something similar sans leather...[/quote]

It's the viridi-anne from, I think, f/w 06. They have a new version of it for this season which is very good looking, but currently not in my budget.

Thank you both for the comments, now I have to win the auction.

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• KeijiHaino
              • Dec 2006

costume national clothing for men.....

i've never liked the brand, too euro-gaymale-going to the club...(not a slur, just a description)..

but in my search for a happy medium for work clothes i kinda like a pair of their jeans.

is this a laughable brand? would anyone in here wear it with out feeling like night at the roxbury?

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]

i've never liked the brand, too euro-gaymale-going to the club...(not a slur, just a description)..

but in my search for a happy medium for work clothes i kinda like a pair of their jeans.

is this a laughable brand? would anyone in here wear it with out feeling like night at the roxbury?

[/quote]

Honestly...who cares? Faust wears his Galliano jeans with pride and panache.[H] Someone else here (Albert maybe?) swears by Uniqlo raw denim. Jeans are a basic--just go with what fits and looks good.[51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                  • Dec 2006

well I am slowly getting to that point where i don't care and i just will wear what i like and fits right, etc...

but it's kinda like, i would never EVER get caught dead in a pair of Seven jeans. and the cnc is almost seven territory for me.

im getting closer to the darkside. these are the jeans in question...

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/CNC+COSTUME+NATIONAL/tskay/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/420422471L/areaid/36/sts/searchResult

im laughing too, believe me, but for some reason i feel the need to make a cnc purchase, i dont know if its the waistband or the knee rivets (lol), but its something...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Laika's right. I LOVE my uniqlo raws. So much so, that my Dior orange overdyes have not been worn in over 2 months.

If you like the Costume jeans, just get em. It's not quite Rock&Republic/Chip&Pepper/Seven territory in the sense that it's still a tad esoteric so no worries.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Uniqlo jeans are where it's at. $40-50 you cannot go wrong. I love thier new skinny fit denim and the wide range of colors is nice as well.
                      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                        • Dec 2006

i ordered em. something took over me, it was weird. i think im becoming obsessed with cnc now. dsquared next?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Uniqlo jeans are where it's at. $40-50 you cannot go wrong. I love thier new skinny fit denim and the wide range of colors is nice as well.[/quote]

If you can find them. The NYC flagship has been sold out forever.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

well I am slowly getting to that point where i don't care and i just will wear what i like and fits right, etc...

but it's kinda like, i would never EVER get caught dead in a pair of Seven jeans. and the cnc is almost seven territory for me.

im getting closer to the darkside. these are the jeans in question...

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/CNC+COSTUME+NATIONAL/tskay/3FD17CD7/rr/1/cod10/420422471L/areaid/36/sts/searchResult

im laughing too, believe me, but for some reason i feel the need to make a cnc purchase, i dont know if its the waistband or the knee rivets (lol), but its something...

[/quote]

I don't like those buttons in the back. Besides, if they don't fall exactly at your knee, you are screwed. I agree with Orochi on the old Helmuts and with Albert on the Uniqlos (again, if you can find the slim fit raw denims, which I cannot - they seem to fly off the shelf day 1).

And yes, love those Galliano jeans, hehe.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xeefus
                              • Oct 2007

[quote user="xeefus"]http://www.merde.se/shop/bilder/produkter/63/3/21711.jpg

Yes or no? It's pretty cheap, about 250 euros... It looked really good on me when I tried it, I think
                              Really lightweight, and well I can afford it...[:$]
                              [/quote]
                              Is it really so bad?[:O]

Comment

• Orochi
                                • Sep 2007

[/quote]

I wear it....closet's got plenty of it.....I just don't bring it up herebecause it obviously wouldn't strike a chord, but I honestly don't care.

Some of their stuff does carry a Eurotrash vibe, but the rest are reasonably priced, well made, and stylish pieces. It is possible to wear CN without looking like a "Gino".

C'N'C though is another story. Everything I've seen from that line felt flimsy and poorly made.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎