X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jskidder1
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
    I´m thinking of getting bbs tee and tank. I´m 1.76 m, 75 kilos. Size M usually fits me best in mostly everything, but these will be my first bbs tops. Should I go for M on both or would they best in size S? I´ve heard they tend to stretch a bit.
    Thanks.
    you will need to be more specific. the t-shirts come in 4-5 different fabrics and at least 2-3 styles each season, with a cotton/cashmere fabric being pretty much the only constant. some are prone to stretching, others not at all. sizing also varies quite a bit depending on cut/season. i have some in xs that are big on me, and others that fit perfectly in a medium.

Comment

• franz
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by amsicora View Post
      I think he was hilarious

he's the funny one of the board
      I accidentally put a pair of mine in the washing machine (30°C), and I am now the proud owner of a formerly waxed, kinda ruined, pair of BBS jeans.

Either don't wash (Boris-style), or dry-clean.
      Originally posted by Faust
      True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

put them in the freezer for 2 days to kill all the germs and bacteria. then hang them outside in the fresh air to air them out and get rid of the smell. it may seem like i'm joking but i did that this weekend to get rid of sweat/smoke/bar smell because i didn't want to wash them and poof good as new.
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• eleven crows
          • Mar 2011

putting stuff in the freezer doesn't do anything towards making it cleaner or killing bateria. you're right about sunlight and air flow. this will obliterate most odours.

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

You also can bathe with it in sea water.

Comment

• Kala
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
              putting stuff in the freezer doesn't do anything towards making it cleaner or killing bateria. you're right about sunlight and air flow. this will obliterate most odours.
              Really? I heard numerous time that putting it in the freezer would kill bacteria and make your jean less smelly as well.

Haven't tried it yet tho.

Comment

• nahneun
                • Feb 2011

the temperature inside a freezer is not low enough to kill bacteria. it simply retards its growth.

Comment

• amsicora
                  • Feb 2011

purchased a specific liquid detergent only for dark & black clothes.

hand wash in cold water for 10 minutes and now I'm praying ....

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

Hello everyone, I have a geobaskets sizing question again. I've tried them today and the feeling is rather awkward, I mean the feeling of my feet. I am 11D US (and classic 11D is a bit tight for me so I need to wear leather shoes for a bit to make myself comfortable), so I've tried size 44. I've made laces a bit loose, unfastened the zipper, put foot inside and fastened the zipper again: the result is my ankle and heels being perfectly fixated there but there is like about 0.3-0.5 cm (0.2 inches) of empty space in the toebox. I had a lot of issues trying to get my foot out of there because I weren't able to pull my heel out, it was really right. So, what's wrong? Should I try size 43 (the store doesn't have any unfortunately), will my ankles and heels be okay? Or 44 is my perfect size and I shouldn't bother with empty space in the toebox, it won't get loose while walking so I won't get any bruises/try an insole? What's your experience wearing geos? These were f/w or s/s 12, black and white (I am new so I can't distinguish ss and fw geos of 2012, sorry about that).

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

i did a little googling and it appears the freezer does not kill bacteria. i've been living a lie.

but i can say that i did this little process to a bunch of things and it seems to have worked, no matter what those elitist intellectuals with their fancy "science" say. what they lack is faith! real americans have faith...not books. or detergent.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                        i did a little googling and it appears the freezer does not kill bacteria. i've been living a lie.

but i can say that i did this little process to a bunch of things and it seems to have worked, no matter what those elitist intellectuals with their fancy "science" say. what they lack is faith! real americans have faith...not books. or detergent.
                        False choice.............the wise men know both are indispensable to the whole

but seriously, for something like wax jeans or whatever, why not simply hand wash with mild soap.
                        I also find that a dish washing soap is better at removing grease and milder on clothing that a lot of laundry detergents
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

i's just funnin' z...

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                            i's just funnin' z...

A'ight man
                            I know you be trippin........
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• AppendixG
                              • Dec 2012

Anyone who has the CCP drip sneakers, do you use shoe trees in them? I can't decide whether or not I should. Don't on other sneakers, but they are decidedly un-sneaker-like.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎