• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by AppendixG View Post
    Anyone who has the CCP drip sneakers, do you use shoe trees in them? I can't decide whether or not I should. Don't on other sneakers, but they are decidedly un-sneaker-like.
    well depends on what the shape is and if the sneakers can fit shoe trees, my ccp tornados dont have shoe trees in them, the shape of the shoe tree would ruin my boot, same goes for a1923

Comment

• drizzly
      Banned
      • Apr 2012

can anyone recommend something similar to these bbj http://pnp-firenze.blogspot.com/2013...3-pressed.html,

waxed/coated jean at under 500

Comment

• AppendixG
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
        well depends on what the shape is and if the sneakers can fit shoe trees, my ccp tornados dont have shoe trees in them, the shape of the shoe tree would ruin my boot, same goes for a1923
        Weird, I use them in my tornados and haven't noticed any issues. Have you tried the double spring trees? How would they ruin them? Sorry for the probably basic questions but I'm not entirely used to using shoe trees or knowing how they should fit. Now I'm wondering if I should take'em out of my tornados.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Shoe trees do not change the shape unless they're really too big. They just absorb moisture if put right after wearing and help the shoes keep their shape.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I think he might be referring to intentional creasing and such.. I don't know if shoe trees would even them out or not, but personally I've never found any need for them
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• AppendixG
              • Dec 2012

Ahh, thanks for the clarification, guys. My mind's at ease, now. I guess I'll wait and try to judge when the shoes come in if they require trees or not. I'm tough on sneakers, generally, so I'd like to prolong their life as much as possible.

Comment

• drizzly
                Banned
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                Shoe trees do not change the shape unless they're really too big. They just absorb moisture if put right after wearing and help the shoes keep their shape.
                Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                I think he might be referring to intentional creasing and such.. I don't know if shoe trees would even them out or not, but personally I've never found any need for them
                This...

and yes shape can change, imagine jamming a piece of wood into a boot, i say classic shoes need trees to keep the creasing leveld, but CCP boot shape doesnt even work with shoe trees IMO, i def advise against it

derby from ccp can work with shoe tree

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

what confuses me about shoe trees is that creases form when you walk, and while shoe trees might straighten them temporarily, they'll quickly recur when you use the shoes again. The trees won't renew the leather in any way, so I guess I just don't see much benefit in using them. Thats at least my experience, though I can't say that I would've used them a lot.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• drizzly
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2012

what confuses me about shoe trees is that creases form when you walk, and while shoe trees might straighten them temporarily, they'll quickly recur when you use the shoes again. The trees won't renew the leather in any way, so I guess I just don't see much benefit in using them. Thats at least my experience, though I can't say that I would've used them a lot.
                    i use them on 2 pairs of shoes that arent distressed where i want them to keep a classic shape, for example a1923 i let be because of high toebox but narrow last, a pair of carmina cap toes i have shoe trees in always to keep the classic mc shape

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by newp View Post
                      Hello everyone, I have a geobaskets sizing question again. I've tried them today and the feeling is rather awkward, I mean the feeling of my feet. I am 11D US (and classic 11D is a bit tight for me so I need to wear leather shoes for a bit to make myself comfortable), so I've tried size 44. I've made laces a bit loose, unfastened the zipper, put foot inside and fastened the zipper again: the result is my ankle and heels being perfectly fixated there but there is like about 0.3-0.5 cm (0.2 inches) of empty space in the toebox. I had a lot of issues trying to get my foot out of there because I weren't able to pull my heel out, it was really right. So, what's wrong? Should I try size 43 (the store doesn't have any unfortunately), will my ankles and heels be okay? Or 44 is my perfect size and I shouldn't bother with empty space in the toebox, it won't get loose while walking so I won't get any bruises/try an insole? What's your experience wearing geos? These were f/w or s/s 12, black and white (I am new so I can't distinguish ss and fw geos of 2012, sorry about that).
                      there is a whole thread on rick sneakers ('trainers'), and another thread for 'sizing questions' but since you ask politely:

if you mean in front of your toes, then that sounds perfectly normal and it should be the right size for you. your toes should have a little bit of wiggle-room.

rick footwear tends to be quite low over the top of the foot, but apart from that quite regular and consistent in sizing. i have been - without exception - been buying 'tts', including sneakers from various seasons.

Comment

• Raw
                        • Oct 2009

can anyone recommend something similar to these bbj http://pnp-firenze.blogspot.com/2013...3-pressed.html,

waxed/coated jean at under 500

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Part of leather aging is you losing water, shoe trees contribute to stopping that, shoes also loose shape when you wear them and walk around, shoe trees help them restore their shape. We're not talking about brick shoes here, leather is a pliable material. You should also condition them from time to time.

I put shoe trees in CCP boots, no impact on the set-in creases.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

I consider more like ironing your clothes...the wrinkles return, but in general they keep the shoes in good form. The shoe tree stretches the wrinkles in the leather and keep them pliable, so cracks/splits are avoided.

I have a pair of old Church's that have had the soles slowly turn upwards at the toe and are now rather like walking on boats. If I had taken proper care of them, they probably wouldn't have gone this way.

Not mandatory by any means, but they don't hurt. They also absorb smells & moisture, so that's not terrible either.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

thanks bit too big for me

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                              Part of leather aging is you losing water, shoe trees contribute to stopping that, shoes also loose shape when you wear them and walk around, shoe trees help them restore their shape. We're not talking about brick shoes here, leather is a pliable material. You should also condition them from time to time.

I put shoe trees in CCP boots, no impact on the set-in creases.
                              good to know, may try it

Comment

• newp
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                                there is a whole thread on rick sneakers ('trainers'), and another thread for 'sizing questions' but since you ask politely:

if you mean in front of your toes, then that sounds perfectly normal and it should be the right size for you. your toes should have a little bit of wiggle-room.

rick footwear tends to be quite low over the top of the foot, but apart from that quite regular and consistent in sizing. i have been - without exception - been buying 'tts', including sneakers from various seasons.
                                Thank you, looks like sizing questions thread is more appropriate for my question, pardon me being new. Anyway, I've got my answer from you so please accept my gratitude. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎