Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lionlimb
    • Feb 2013

Anyone have thoughts re: what to hang a 1" steel medical identification pendant on?
    not baller

Comment

• Kala
      • Apr 2011

Recently bought an Intarsia high neck Lamb leather in DNA Dust from spenceclothing and they sent me the blistered lamb leather version (i.e. not the one I had bought), guess I'll have to return it...

Anyone had the case already with Spence Clothing ? Guess they will pay for the return since it's their mistake? UPS will probably hit me with import fees in the coming days, what if the item has been returned to sender in the meantime, guess I can tell them to shove it,politely of course, but how, should I send them a copy of the return receipt?

Or should I maybe keep the item, dunno if I prefer the blistered lamb version or not, look of the leather is quite unusual for a BNWT item...

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

link to one you ordered? id be tempted to keep the blistered if I was you.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• josecc
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Kala View Post
          Recently bought an Intarsia high neck Lamb leather in DNA Dust from spenceclothing and they sent me the blistered lamb leather version (i.e. not the one I had bought), guess I'll have to return it....

Have you contacted Spence? I am sure they will help you with the process, I had a similar problem (but within the EU) and they helped me.

Comment

• Kala
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
            link to one you ordered? id be tempted to keep the blistered if I was you.
            Bought this one: http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...84.m1423.l2649

Received this one: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/NEW-RICK-OWEN...item27c71f99cd

I have contacted Spence of course, awaiting to hear from them. But since I'm leaving Switzerland for 2 weeks in Thaïland with my girl on Saturday I hope this can be solved soon !

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

I'm sure they'll work with you to figure something out.

I see what you're saying though, the blistered definitely has a worn-in look that can put you off if it wasn't what you wanted. I do like both, and love the blistered look for something more casual/sweatshirt-like feeling.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• drizzly
                Banned
                • Apr 2012

i have a blistered rick moto and love it

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

i like the blistered better i think. just sayin
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Kala
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    I'm sure they'll work with you to figure something out.

I see what you're saying though, the blistered definitely has a worn-in look that can put you off if it wasn't what you wanted. I do like both, and love the blistered look for something more casual/sweatshirt-like feeling.
                    Dunno what will "complete" my leather collection at best which is currently composed of:

-F/W 2010 black oiled calf Stooges http://www.styleguise.net/forums/ind...s&attach_id=36
                    -Christian Peau leather, which is a super smooth lambskin with beautiful colours, but it kinda has also this worn-in look imo

-MMM 5 zip in black-grey(ish)
                    -MMM 5 zip shearling (which will leave me soon since it's a bit snug, or hell, I have 6 months to loose some weight ! )

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

anyone know what size CDG LL equates to? Thanks.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

xl I believe

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Kala View Post
                          Dunno what will "complete" my leather collection at best which is currently composed of:

-F/W 2010 black oiled calf Stooges http://www.styleguise.net/forums/ind...s&attach_id=36
                          -Christian Peau leather, which is a super smooth lambskin with beautiful colours, but it kinda has also this worn-in look imo

-MMM 5 zip in black-grey(ish)
                          -MMM 5 zip shearling (which will leave me soon since it's a bit snug, or hell, I have 6 months to loose some weight ! )
                          I'd stick with the blistered personally.

Comment

• swooc2
                            • Jul 2008

the floppy back on my pair of guidi 986 is starting to annoy me. anyone felt that they needed correct this? i'm wondering if it's possible to alter them.
                            Last edited by swooc2; 05-01-2013, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                              • Jan 2011

^ theres 3 types of shafts for guidi

1. modulated (shaved thinner for piability)
                              2. unmodulated (regular leather)
                              3. lined (extra stiff.... due to extra leather)

If it bothers you, you should seek out 2-3, in a horse leather (would be the stiffest)

But, the nature of the backzip boots is that they are a rather unstructured shoe, and the nature of most guidi leathers is that they are soft and very comfortable...

Such is that shoe my friend. Other backzips by other brands won't have that problem.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

good 1k post!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎