• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Thanks again guys!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• brad1981
      • Dec 2008

saw this jacket at DHC's sale thread, really impressive fabric, like to put it on my wish list but not sure how the fit look is, could anyone spare a fit pic or even shall some wearing experience?
      thanks.

Comment

• minhcu2805
        • Mar 2013

how long is it usually take for an order on nagnagnag/darklandsberlin to ship? I've finished the payment on 21/5 and havent see any notification beside from the payment confirmation

Comment

• ambrosian
          • Dec 2012

I think there's a washing/cleaning thread around but not too sure, I'll post this here as well:

Just hand washed a washi/silk blend devoa shirt, dark blue-green dye. Everything was fine until I realized how much dye was running off from the shirt... Is this normal? Tag says I can hand wash it, but how much dye run is acceptable?
          street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• AppendixG
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by minhcu2805 View Post
            how long is it usually take for an order on nagnagnag/darklandsberlin to ship? I've finished the payment on 21/5 and havent see any notification beside from the payment confirmation
            When I've ordered, sometimes they'll send a tracking number, sometimes not. It's likely already shipped, would be my guess, I'd just email them and ask for a tracking number.

If you're in the US, the tracking is pretty much worthless since it seems to update for sure only when it's been accepted and when it's been delivered and then occasionally (but usually not) it will update at places in between.

Comment

• minhcu2805
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by AppendixG View Post
              When I've ordered, sometimes they'll send a tracking number, sometimes not. It's likely already shipped, would be my guess, I'd just email them and ask for a tracking number.

If you're in the US, the tracking is pretty much worthless since it seems to update for sure only when it's been accepted and when it's been delivered and then occasionally (but usually not) it will update at places in between.
              thanks for the reply, I dont live in the US and I've already emailed them about shipping/tracking number but stil no respond and it was my first purchase from the site so I went up here to ask if this is common

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by ambrosian View Post
                I think there's a washing/cleaning thread around but not too sure, I'll post this here as well:

Just hand washed a washi/silk blend devoa shirt, dark blue-green dye. Everything was fine until I realized how much dye was running off from the shirt... Is this normal? Tag says I can hand wash it, but how much dye run is acceptable?
                are u using too much detergent, the wrong detergent or too high temperature? when hand-washing silk i use the lowest temperature i can (that will still have some effect) and a small amount of some specific detergent for protein fibers or a good schampoo. and avoid rubbing the garment - just squeeze and remove it promptly - not letting it soak very long at all.

if it still bleeds a lot, it's probably just because 'too much' dye was used to color the garment. the worst case is it's a shit quality dye-job. you will know if it's the former or the latter by how it looks when dry again...

but yeah, this really belongs in the cleaning thread.

Comment

• Magic1
                  • Jan 2011

I'm seeing an increase in clothing made in portugal. Anyone have info on the labor laws there? Better than asia?

Comment

• franz
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Magic1 View Post
                    I'm seeing an increase in clothing made in portugal. Anyone have info on the labor laws there? Better than asia?
                    depends on your pov. Better for workers / worse for capitalists (e.g. vs Bangladesh) for sure.
                    Labour "costs" (I don't like that wording) is about 8% below OECD average, and there's a minimum revenue (about 550€/month).
                    But due to the speculation against Portugal, the crisis has hit Portugal hard so I would not be surprised if many workers were working undeclared for lower than the minimum wage, especially in textile (Italy has been doing so long before the crisis).
                    Let's not forget that Portgual had some experience with textile in the past, at least until they got f*cked by Ricardo (pardon my french )
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
                      • May 2013

OK SZ, i know you don't like the forum taken seriously, and this might offend a few,
                      but i'm really not a formal/suits man..
                      it's a leaving do for my Uni and i have a smart, smart suit but i just realised i have no shoes but trainers,
                      Do i go to the shop and buy some cheap shoes or since it's an incredible suit black and white could i just wear with trainers? was thinking white and black rick owens dunks? got no all black trainers either

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

If you plan on wearing the suit to interviews, etc., you need proper shoes (ie - not trainers).
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                          If you plan on wearing the suit to interviews, etc., you need proper shoes (ie - not trainers).
                          or he can go barefoot and tell them he is a philosopher or a Mutabaruka disciple............
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• whtnnk986
                            • Feb 2012

Regarding Rick Owens Sunglasses, are they unisex and only made in one size?

I see them being listed in both men and women collection in LVR with different prices. And so are the bracelets.

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

I just checked, bracelets and sunglasses are the same prices for women/men. After yes, they look unisex.

Comment

• whtnnk986
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                                I just checked, bracelets and sunglasses are the same prices for women/men. After yes, they look unisex.
                                Thanks for the reply. Very interesting, I just changed the shipping country from Hong Kong to US and the prices for women/men items become the same.

As I am located in HK, I can buy the item slightly cheaper by selecting the item under the women collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎