X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

It's rather tropical, if you're okay with that. I didn't find it all that lys-y, but it's still very nice. Girly/sunny is an apt description. It's miles better than most of the Allegoria line as of late. Avoid the new Neroli. The recent jasmine was okay.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Castor
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      It's rather tropical, if you're okay with that. I didn't find it all that lys-y, but it's still very nice. Girly/sunny is an apt description. It's miles better than most of the Allegoria line as of late. Avoid the new Neroli. The recent jasmine was okay.
      I only like the Pampelune from the line now and I thought the Lys would be a nice spring things for cheap.
      Originally posted by DRRRK
      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Only hesitation I can think of is that you may find it works better in humid heat...due to the tropicale vibe. Only if you're neurotic about that stuff though...I wear tropical stuff in the winter.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• darkbydesign
          • Sep 2010

^^Yeah, I try to do the same. I'll wear Carnal Flower on occasion in the winter and people swear someone's carrying flowers on the subway. You can almost see people searching for them.....kinda fun.

Comment

• Castor
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
            ^^Yeah, I try to do the same. I'll wear Carnal Flower on occasion in the winter and people swear someone's carrying flowers on the subway. You can almost see people searching for them.....kinda fun.
            I have no problem with Carnal Flower all year and anything with Tuberose on a man definitely gets looks or at least sniffs. I find Tubereuse Criminelle easier to wear with less bombshell effect.
            Originally posted by DRRRK
            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Stijn
              • Jun 2011

Emailed Serge Lutens if they could send a tester. Just a few days later I got a beautiful package with all the wax testers. Been trying them out each day. Until now I really like Arabie, although a little too overwhelming for everyday.

Comment

• morsto
                • Nov 2008

So, when is the fucking rick fragrance coming? I think I read about it first time in 2011 or something.
                I do not recognise the vessel,
                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Still waiting, but soon!

Comment

• Crowzer
                    • Feb 2011

Almost 2 years indeed.
                    Can't wait. Rick have teasing a lot whith his "death and life" parfum.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

Anyone own or like any of the following:

1. L'Artisan Caligna
                      2. Serge Lutens La fille de Berlin
                      3. Serge Lutens Boxeuses Bell Jar
                      4. Serge Lutens Encens et Lavende Bell Jar
                      5. what's everyone's favorite peppery spray (think CdG Harissa)?

Thanks
                      DxD

Comment

• kavaj
                        • Sep 2006

Does anyone have any nice tips for spring/summer? Would like something that is light and fresh, but not too sporty...

Comment

• Verdandi
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                          Anyone own or like any of the following:

1. L'Artisan Caligna
                          2. Serge Lutens La fille de Berlin
                          3. Serge Lutens Boxeuses Bell Jar
                          4. Serge Lutens Encens et Lavende Bell Jar
                          5. what's everyone's favorite peppery spray (think CdG Harissa)?

Thanks
                          DxD
                          I have a decant of the Berlin daughter and I didn't like it that much. It starts out kind of sweet but that fades quickly when the pepper kicks in. The drydown to me smells like these musty old rose fragrances which I really don't like at all. But I have to say that I am not partial to rose at all. The only rose fragrances I really love are Rose Poivrée and JAR's Bed of Roses which sadly isn't available anymore.

Encens et Lavande however is beautiful to me. You sure have to be a lover of frankincense to enjoy this but I think it's not as oppulent as many of the other Serge's.The lavendar is prominent from start to finish. It has a quiet, sombre almost serene quality that I appreciate a lot.
                          lavender menace

Comment

• k3mist
                            • Apr 2013

i have been rotating the CDG avignon and kyoto recently.
                            ill recommend them if any of you have not had it before.
                            i lean towards the avignon more for its strong 'coffee' and 'dark' scent.

i was on the train the other day and i sat beside this lady and she got up and moved to another seat. it was hilarious.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kavaj View Post
                              Does anyone have any nice tips for spring/summer? Would like something that is light and fresh, but not too sporty...
                              I like L'Artisan Perfumer Tea for Two. Quite subtle.

I still want to get Mechant Loup, but every time I look at my fragrance shelf, I have to hold myself. I never seem to run out of cologone, hmm.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

^ imagine how I feel buying a new bottle...my stock has overflowed into the kitchen cupboards.

Spring/summer rec's:
                                -Mugler Cologne
                                -L'Artisan Safran Troublant
                                -Chanel Eau de Cologne (from the Exclusifs collection)
                                -CDG Vetiveru
                                -The Different Company Bergamote

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎