X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • profondo nero
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    You're basically buying generic junk at an inflated price for no reason. Believe it or not, I could say a lot worse, but if you're going to shell out the money they ask, you may as well get something interesting. Otherwise, just buy some Axe.
    Dane, if you could as well sum your thoughts about Sartorial in few words, please.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

...more fougere nonsense. I just don't understand, if someone wants to smell the way Burt Reynolds (used to) look(s), why they insist on paying over $100 to do so when you can go to the drugstore and get a bottle of Brut for less than $5!

If you want to splurge, a big 125ml bottle of Rive Gauche can be had for $20. If you want that style, minus the sleaze, again, Mouchoir de Monsieur, which I believe Guerlain himself called (along with Jicky), the only "true" fougere, all others only being suitable for truck drivers.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

^ lol i love that entire post ! specially the burt reynolds part lol

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Obviously had to do this. Y'all asked for it!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

LOL !!!

Comment

• volta
              • May 2009

Shop for Secretions Magnifiques Eau de Parfum by Etat Libre d'Orange at Luckyscent, Find Secretions Magnifiques Eau de Parfum by Etat Libre d'Orange

any input? i wanna smell like rusty metal and blood/a serial killers basement.. but is it closer to

or does it smell like semen?
              Last edited by volta; 06-04-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

its dumb as hell imo , not a perfume but a gimmick . i totally get the desire to wanna smell weird and strange but a perfume should still be wearable and i cant imagine anyone wearin that and even if someone could stand it on themselves im certain ppl around them would be disgusted . i dont think it smells like cum , smells like metal . for me its the scent equivalent of scratching nails on a chalkboard real loud . im not even gonna suggest you sample it just for shits n giggles becos it aint even worth doin that . its smells disgusting and the sample will be a waste of money even if its just a few bucks . all those disgusted reviews there arent messin around . i posted a review and described what i did to the sample 1ml vial and someone from there emailed me and wasnt too pleased w/ my review and removed it . its not some interesting and strange perfume , its just a silly gimmick

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

It's technically a strong, salty floral with a heinous, aquatic, wet-dog note that nauseates even the strongest stomach. I admire them for releasing such an atrocity, but I never want to smell it again.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• peerc
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Prezens View Post
                    Wow, glad I posted here. Thanks dane, will try the Mouchoir de Monsieur and the Sycomore
                    +1 on the Sycomore
                    really nice scent, not too powerful, refreshing and slightly smoky

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

Sycomore is pretty much my all time favourite. There's nothing I would change about it.
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• profondo nero
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                        i totally get the desire to wanna smell weird and strange but a perfume should still be wearable and i cant imagine anyone wearin that and even if someone could stand it on themselves im certain ppl around them would be disgusted
                        Last edited by profondo nero; 02-08-2015, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                          • Sep 2010

Completely random addiction, but I would love to find a scent that smells like the fizz from Dr. Brown's Cel-Rey soda. I secretly drink these constantly just for the smell.... In other words, soda+sugar+celery notes? Strange, but I love the smell and would wear it or mix it with other scents for various combos.

Any other new recommendations out there? I'm getting stagnant in my current collection....

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Only thing I can think of with a celery note is Grain de Plaisir by Maitre Parfumeur.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

^^Thanks. I will check this out as I couldn't think of a single scent. It's a unique scent (and taste) but feels novel enough to want it more.....

Comment

• Ivans On High
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2008

My 3 current favourite fragrances are PG Querelle, Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire and Cdg Man 2.

Does anyone (Dane) have any recommendations of other fragrances similar to the above?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎