Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

any new updates on the actual release of the Rick scent?
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

Still no news...

Comment

• profondo nero
        • Aug 2012

I'm curious about Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle and Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Mood fragrances, anyone tried those?

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

The DVN is a dry, milky sandalwood (the synthetic kind) and appears simple at first, but lasts quite a long time and has some complexities (be they good or bad is up to you). It's worth trying if you like creamy, woodsy scents.

I've not tried FK's.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• peerc
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by newp View Post
            The wonderwood is good, serves me as a perfect example of woody scent.
            I thought it was considered cheap? 88 euro for 100 ml is a good deal.
            http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/fragra...dP-Unisex.html
            Thanks, I just picked it up. Paid the 88 euros for the 100ml and it should last me a long time.

The scent is VERY woody, reminds me of woodworking class in high school. Seems to be able to work year-round and it lasts long on the skin too!

Comment

• ES3K
              • Oct 2008

I just bought a bottle of CdG Black - it's strange just right after application or if you smell "too near" at the skin, then tar is quite significant. But I really like the aura smell, it appears completely different to me then, more like licorice, even kind of sweet.
              I like it, though it won't replace my current favorites (Olfactive Studio Autoportrait, Bulgari Black with a splash of Molecule 01, and Aramis New West).

Comment

• Verdandi
                • Mar 2012

Isn't Molecule 01 just plain old Iso E Super with a jacked up price?

Anyway, apparently Serge will release a second fragrance later this year, does anyone have info on that? I can't help it my heart always skips a beat when I hear "new Lutens"
                lavender menace

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

He usually releases 3/year, two in the "export" line, one in the bell jar. Apparently the remaining two (after fille de berlin) are laine de verre (fibre glass )and la vierge de fer (iron maiden).
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Prezens
                    • Aug 2011

Currently alternating between Penhaligon's Endymion and Opus. I Fear I may be ensnared.
                    One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

you can do better

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                        So I'm thinking of buying myself a few Profumum perfumes soon, Arso and Olibanum. Have tested them with a decant, but I find I never get the full feeling of a perfume until I've worn it for a while. Any helpful comments/warnings/laudations with regards to either the line or to those particular scents?

(For comparison, if it's at all meaningful, I normally wear Montale Oud Cuir D'Arabie - I have a few other Montale scents, but that's the one that really gets me .)
                        i wear arso. it's VERY strong and wears for a loong time. very easy to put too much on. but i like it very much on winter days or overcast/rainy days. not a summer scent imho. quite a sugary smell, for all it's 'smokey-ness'. i'm not a perfume buff though, so others might give u much better insight.

they are a lovely and friendly little company though.

Comment

• Castor
                          • Nov 2009

After 3 visits in 5 days to Serge Lutens Palais Royal, and countless dabs and sniffs and samples, I bought La Myrrhe and Boxeuses. I also picked up a small bottle of Nicolai Patchouli Intense on this trip.
                          Originally posted by DRRRK
                          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Prezens
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            you can do better
                            haha, open to suggestions.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Prezens View Post
                              haha, open to suggestions.
                              Neither are the worst you can buy, but that's the best I can say about them, and much of the Penhaligon's line, frankly. You're basically buying generic junk at an inflated price for no reason. Endymion is a watered-down milky slurry, attempting to add oriental-warmth to your everyday fougere. It comes across as herbal tea with milk poured in. Opus is just a bunch of synthetic woods that add up to a boring mess. Believe it or not, I could say a lot worse, but if you're going to shell out the money they ask, you may as well get something interesting. Otherwise, just buy some Axe.

If you want a manly fougere, barbershop-style, try Rive Gauche by YSL, which can be had for cheap. A milder option would be Mouchoir de Monsieur by Guerlain. For the oriental aspect, try Bvlgari Black, again cheap.

For generic wood, Guerlain L'Insant Pour Homme (for something sweet), CDG 2Man (for something dry).

Or you could skip all the crap and go for the best - Chanel's exclusive line (Sycomore and Coromandel in particular).

Comment

• Prezens
                                • Aug 2011

Wow, glad I posted here. Thanks dane, will try the Mouchoir de Monsieur and the Sycomore

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎