Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icarium
    • Oct 2010

Hi Fragrance heads! I usually just PM Dane, but he's probably tired of fielding my questions ;p

I recently had a very positive reception to Heeley's Agarwood. It seemed a bit simple/one note at first, but after a few hours it grew on me. It has a day time/spring summer feel to it that I'd been looking for.

I especially liked how towards the end of the day the rose-influenced notes faded and I was left with a nice woody scent.

Was wondering if there's something in a similar vein, but even better executed that I'd like more :)

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Atomine
      • Jul 2012

^^ Black Aoud
      380 bucks for a T-shirt isn't normal, but on Stylezeitgeist it is.
      Stylezeitgeist not even once.

Comment

• several_girls
        • Nov 2010

I continue to be pleased with Humiecki & Graef. When I first sampled Candour my reaction was indifference or incomprehension, but something has clicked halfway through this 2ml sample and I can't get enough. The calamus and palm make a strong, fresh, green opening, with H&G's familiar sour-milky accord leaping off the skin. It gives a very wet, watery impression. Shortly thereafter, ginger and lavender bridge the opening into the heart of the composition: a modest but humming olive/almond/sage, grounded in a subtle vanilla (it lurks even underneath the lily-of-the-valley--I'm so used to fragrances being vanilla bombs. this was a pleasant surprise). Bravo!

I recently decided to infuse some gin with sage, maybe this was what finally opened up my nose to Candour. Some of theirs I have enjoyed from the first spray, but I've had a similar progression with Blask and Clemency. They seem to really be exploring new olfactory territory, and not in the novelty way per CB I Hate Perfume.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

I wholeheartedly endorse H&G. Beautiful packaging (which must be held in person to appreciate) and bizarre, yet intriguing content. My only minor gripe would be that they sell at high concentrations, which makes the bizarre only more so, and a bit unwearable at times.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Icarium
            • Oct 2010

Thanks atomine, i'll check it out!

Comment

• Marko
              • Jul 2009

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good fig fragrance. Or to be more specific like the le labo figue 15 candle.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Premiere Figuier by L'Artisan and Philosykos by Diptyque are the still the tried-and-true figs. Heeley's fig is a good addition, but borders on roomspray material.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• darkbydesign
                  • Sep 2010

^^Agreed on those fig picks. Exactly the ones I enjoy too. Otherwise they are just too sweet smelling for enjoyment. For me, fig scents can go wrong really quickly if done poorly. Same with vanilla.

So, I just sprayed on some FM EdP L'Eau D'Hiver and I swear after half the bottle and getting bored that suddenly it smells completely different to me. Maybe it's because I just got out of a warm shower and the skin temperature was hot, but I love the different and I'm kinda addicted now. haha. Strange greener vibe with marzipan and something mildly floral in there pops. Before it seems much more one-note to me....not sure what's changed.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

L'Eau d'Hiver is brilliant, and one of the hidden gems in Malle's line that doesn't get the attention it deserves. It's almost like an upper register version of Une Fleur de Cassie emphasizing the cheerful parts of mimosa, rather than the darker elements Cassie plays up (and the somber elements of Apres l'Ondee).

Comment

• Castor
                      • Nov 2009

L'Eau d'Hiver was my gateway frag that got me seriously into niche fragrance and then fragrance in general. It's quiet and unisex and very hard to describe. Atmospheric is a word I would use. Delicate. Soft. I rarely wear it anymore, but I will always appreciate it's gentle hum. If I were looking to gift a fragrance to someone a bit shy about fragrance this would be a good choice.
                      Originally posted by DRRRK
                      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• evemore87
                        • May 2013

My husband wears Hermès Eau d'Orange Vert,

My husband wears Hermès Eau d'Orange Vert, KL by Karl Lagerfeld, and Lagerfeld by Karl Lagerfeld. Think what will about the Kaiser - the man knows how to commision a fragrance.
                        smykker online

Comment

• newp
                          • Feb 2013

Hello everyone, could you kindly give me an advice? This is the store I am going to order from and its variety of perfume brands/houses: which one I should check, in your opinion, for samples if I'd like to sample something dusky/smoky? I am new to niche perfumes, at the moment I own only some Hermes fragrances, grey vetiver by tom ford, aventus and wonderwood by CdG (don't like 2man though).
                          Here is the picture of brands: http://i.imgur.com/lmQMPi0.jpg
                          Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Frederic Malle
                            Byredo
                            Serge Lutens
                            Etro

Comment

• newp
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                              Frederic Malle
                              Byredo
                              Serge Lutens
                              Etro
                              Thank you, I will check these brands more thoroughly. Too bad I was able to sample byredo and serge lutens before but was too lasy for it.. oh well.

Comment

• Dreavan
                                • Mar 2012

for summer, this one is my favorite:

I know it's pretty vintage nowadays and quiet classy for me but this is just so good on me lol

For winter, I prefer to go for these two :

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎