Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zenith
    • Jun 2009

CoN used to do excellent Tees. Thin cotton which was drapey and slim, but wouldnt be full of holes after a few wears. Best of all, they had a regular crew neck. I really hate having low cut neck holes. Alas this was some time ago.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

just picked up a pack of 2-vnecks in white and grey from Uniqlo's Supima undergarment line, equivalent of 10 USD a pack. They are my favorite t-shirt. With these in the game, I see no sane reason for Balmaining it up.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

Do your uniqlo tees show off your nipples and navel though?

Edit: Seriously, Uniqlo needs a US online shop, for those of us who do not live in NYC. Alternatively another store in the US would be nice...
        Last edited by Enaml; 10-03-2010, 04:10 AM.
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Grazzesto
          • Mar 2010

Living in a hot climate year round, (average 110+ summer months then "fall" from about late october-may) I practically am always wearing a T-shirt.

Right now my favorites are actually Silent, the fit is nice and the fabric is light enough to not weigh me down on even the hottest days. This summer I've been living in my Silent + CoN, RO tees are too light and tend to get hard to wear when sweat becomes a factor.

Some day I wish to try a Uniqlo, I've heard nothing but good things.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I've spent ages looking for decent plain t-shirts that could be worn under anything, I'm very particular about the collar shape so most regular crewnecks don't work, including AA as their crewneck is too tight and the u-necks etc are too loose. I checked uniqlo as well but if I remember correctly they were a bit too tight in the collar as well.

so I finally found good ones at H&M, out of all places. they have new organic cotton t-shirts that are super soft and lightweight, with a slightly looser crewneck. at something like €5 a piece, I grabbed about 15 in white, black and grey..
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
              Do your uniqlo tees show off your nipples and navel though?
              Alas the white does, but the grey is fine. I imagine the black would be alright as well, gonna try that next.

It's really hard to find a white t-shirt that fits well, yet doesn't suggest more.
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                I've spent ages looking for decent plain t-shirts that could be worn under anything, I'm very particular about the collar shape so most regular crewnecks don't work, including AA as their crewneck is too tight and the u-necks etc are too loose. I checked uniqlo as well but if I remember correctly they were a bit too tight in the collar as well.

so I finally found good ones at H&M, out of all places. they have new organic cotton t-shirts that are super soft and lightweight, with a slightly looser crewneck. at something like €5 a piece, I grabbed about 15 in white, black and grey..
                For a second I thought "damn how can he be ballin like that", then i realized that 15x5 is only 65 and that you could get 30 or 40 H&M t-shirts for the retail price of some of the t-shirts discussed in this thread
                Originally posted by jogu
                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

haha, exactly.. the price might've actually been €7, I was thinking of their basic cotton tees which are €5. but either way, when the cashier asked for €100 or whatever the total was, I stood there awkwardly for a while, staring at the register and the pile of t-shirts.

the quality on these organic cotton ones feels pretty good actually, will see how they hold up after constant washing.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• mnml crmnl
                    • Dec 2009

AA makes a loose crew neck .. and i dont think it is the U-neck you are referring too (probably their synthetic one)

100% cotton. lightweight, but in comparison with the white 50/50, not as "see through"
                    i cut the sleeves on mine and it makes for a very comfortable vest

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

not sure if I've seen this one.. but either way, the H&M ones are spot on for me, and most likely the same quality for half the price.

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

The new AA 'power washed' shirts are pretty nice. Not many colors online although they seem to have more in the stores. The fabric is nice since it's a little less 'shiny clingey new' feeling which is my main issue with AAs cotton on their normal shirts and they widened the opening a bit and use a pretty nice new collar as well.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                          The new AA 'power washed' shirts are pretty nice. Not many colors online although they seem to have more in the stores. The fabric is nice since it's a little less 'shiny clingey new' feeling which is my main issue with AAs cotton on their normal shirts and they widened the opening a bit and use a pretty nice new collar as well.
                          I think we can live with that.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Is Schiesser stuff worth the money?
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

I love Schiesser briefs for the simple reason that the waist band has no logos & the cotton is pretty soft & has held up well with washing.
                              But if it wasnt for the waistband thing they are not necessarily better than the usual suspects

Comment

• swami
                                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                haha, exactly.. the price might've actually been €7, I was thinking of their basic cotton tees which are €5. but either way, when the cashier asked for €100 or whatever the total was, I stood there awkwardly for a while, staring at the register and the pile of t-shirts.

the quality on these organic cotton ones feels pretty good actually, will see how they hold up after constant washing.
                                Can we get these here in the US as well ?

Every single time I have walked into an H&M I see the checkout line & turn right back out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎