• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
    Does Junya make size 5? If so, does anyone know a shop which regularly stocks 5?

Same question for Soloist?

Thanks.
    Junya makes XL, which I guess equates to a 5(?)

Not positive about soloist, but NN made size 5.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Pumpfish
      • Sep 2010

Thanks Dane.
      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• HWith
        • May 2007

Regarding the Rick Owens laceless side zip boots with crepe soles: Are the men's version identical to the women's version? And does a size 40 fit the same on both?

Thanks! :-)

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
          • Aug 2010

how does last season Ann D boots run ?
          i'm a 43 in Rick Owens for ref and would go for a 42 (last size left) in Ann.

Comment

• shdws
            • Sep 2011

Boot Size

So after finding out the hard way.........
            Several people on the forums told me that a 3 cm gap from my big toe to front of boot is too much

What is the ideal gap then? 1cm? 2 cm? It can't be 1 cm right.... that's just too little...

Most of my shoes mainly Paul smith.....don't hate me! (I my PS brogues so much) all have about 2-3cm gap and its perfect and not loose.

Are boots really that different?

How much of a gap do you stylezeitgeistians leave?
            Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by shdws View Post
              How much of a gap do you stylezeitgeistians leave?
              There should be a balance between comfort and tightness. The length is somewhat variable. My sz 43 rick sneakers are less than 30 cm long, whereas my Ann boots are something like 35.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

there is no correct gap, it depends entirely on the shoe and toebox shape. If the toebox is round and roomy, you can probably wear shoes that have just 0.5-1cm space, but with a pointy or really low cut toebox there can easily be 3-5cm extra compared to your foot length.

personally I prefer comparing the outsole length to a similar style shoe with a similarly shaped toebox. that won't guarantee fitment either, but probably gives the best possible idea based just on measurements.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• JumpingLyre
                  • Jul 2010

Hi all,

Am looking to buy the AW11 Silent Julai Jacket. Usually a 48. What size should I be getting? S/M?

Thanks!

Comment

• swrecked
                    • Sep 2011

How do Devoa boots/shoes fit. Are they tts? Here's a link to a ss12 pair devoa at fascinate.
                    Last edited by swrecked; 12-30-2011, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• shdws
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      there is no correct gap, it depends entirely on the shoe and toebox shape. If the toebox is round and roomy, you can probably wear shoes that have just 0.5-1cm space, but with a pointy or really low cut toebox there can easily be 3-5cm extra compared to your foot length.

personally I prefer comparing the outsole length to a similar style shoe with a similarly shaped toebox. that won't guarantee fitment either, but probably gives the best possible idea based just on measurements.

^interesting

M Kard wow a size 43 at 30cm long! that's like a tts size 41.5?. And holy bejebus 35cm long! and yet your foot fits into something which is <30cm, doesn't it just look a tad too long on your legs? or are they very pointed? never noticed any narrow and pointy Ann boots recently, but I'm very sure there is .

Lowrey 0.5cm is like nothing, I always thought min 1.5cm. I like your method of comparison though(may I ask what exactly do you mean by low cut toebox), but I need to find my correct boot size first I guess. But on the note of 5cm extra... would the proportions just look odd? esp with the length?

Jumpinglyre
                      generally outwear from silent is oversized, ask for measurements
                      Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by shdws View Post
                        (may I ask what exactly do you mean by low cut toebox), but I need to find my correct boot size first I guess.
                        I assume he means the volume of the toebox in terms of height/width. If the toebox is flat or low volume, toebox may not provide usable room?

Comment

• shdws
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                          I assume he means the volume of the toebox in terms of height/width. If the toebox is flat or low volume, toebox may not provide usable room?
                          cowsareforEATING Ahh so if you wanted to wiggle your toes for what ever reason? still not sure how its linked to an additional 3 to 5 cms, trying to figure out my own correct size.

I'm set for shoes not for boots

NOT A JUNIOR MEMBER NO MORE FK YEA!

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

i didnt know there are so much theory for getting a right size of footwear. isnt just get one which is tight=size up and loose=size down? different foots/shoes cut and fit differently, thus it will feel different on one's feet as well, so what is the need of a specific cm of gap.
                            Focusing on object details

Comment

• shdws
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by magic View Post
                              i didnt know there are so much theory for getting a right size of footwear. isnt just get one which is tight=size up and loose=size down? different foots/shoes cut and fit differently, thus it will feel different on one's feet as well, so what is the need of a specific cm of gap.
                              ^
                              just to get an idea really, but well then if you think like that say... for dress shirts, or even suiting you never get measurements? and just buy online based off size? surely you know what is your ideal shoulder to shoulder, chest, sleeve length etc. same for shoes in that aspect.
                              but a shoe too long could still feel tight.
                              idk =/

Comment

• shdws
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by rilu
                                ^ it can be important to know the measurements if you're buying secondhand footwear or from shops that don't provide free returns. i think the most accurate way to get the right size is to measure the insole of the shoes that fit you fine and that have a similar shape to those you are buying, and then ask the seller to provide you the same for two sizes you think are close to yours. as others have said above, the gap entirely depends on the form of a shoe, but you shouldn't worry about it if your shoes feel comfortable to you.
                                RILU you could not of said it better lol. . sadly atm most of my ps shoes are slightly narrow, so that's why I had to go through the hard way of trial and error unsuccessfully, annoying being in Australia.
                                Have a great Nye and Ny celebration people!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎