X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Best I can tell you is tha they've always run true to size if not, about a half size large (and that seems to be because of the toe box being large) Width isn't really an issue with those because of the elastic construction on the inside.

I generally wear a 44 and I buy a 44 though I don't have any from the current season...rick's footwear seems consistent. Though you must know that they're not the most comfortable footwear out there. They have a concealed heel which kind of leans your foot forward a bit. Just saying that even when they fit, as far as sneakers go, they still don't much feel like sneakers. They're less rigid than boots but the feel is more like a boot in my opinion than, say, a good pair of sneakers.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• olethomas
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by beardown View Post
      Best I can tell you is tha they've always run true to size if not, about a half size large (and that seems to be because of the toe box being large) Width isn't really an issue with those because of the elastic construction on the inside.

I generally wear a 44 and I buy a 44 though I don't have any from the current season...rick's footwear seems consistent. Though you must know that they're not the most comfortable footwear out there. They have a concealed heel which kind of leans your foot forward a bit. Just saying that even when they fit, as far as sneakers go, they still don't much feel like sneakers. They're less rigid than boots but the feel is more like a boot in my opinion than, say, a good pair of sneakers.
      that is the eternal dilemma of mine. comfort vs. looks. but now i've been mainly wearing doc martens for two years non stop because of the comfort. maybe i should go somewhere to try them on. spending $1000 on a pair of sneakers is quite grotesque if i can't walk properly in them. at least that's how i see it.

you know, the widest part of the shoes - how are they: wider or slimmer than "ordinary" shoes? (hard to answer i guess haha)

thanks for your answer, by the way!

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

i'm a 42 in all rick, and in almost everything else i wear as well - except doc marten's, where i'm pretty sure i wear a UK 9 (which i think is an EU43), so you may actually want to size down one size to a 41 in rick, or at least buy the same size.

rick's kicks are usually never narrow. the only thing is that they tend to be quite snug over the top of the foot, but that usually loosens up after a while.

don't really agree that they aren't comfortable like sneaks. all the rick sneaks i have, are super comfy once i've worn them in.

ps. dane, u r a q t in that pink top.
        Last edited by Shucks; 01-26-2012, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• Castor
          • Nov 2009

Rick sneaks are probably the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever owned. After hobbling down the street one too many times, I sold them and never looked back. The insole is hard and the sole itself has no flex, so be prepared to walk like Frankenstein for the first several months.
          Originally posted by DRRRK
          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

There's something about the pitch of the concealed heel that makes them feel kind of high and unbalanced. I didn't find them grotesquely uncomfortable, it's just that how they look vs. how they felt was quite different. The leather is always nice and it breaks in really well so the upper is quite comfortable...it's just the heel and sole that made for feeling almost like a boot. If you're used to boots and aren't expecting a 'sneaker' feel, you might not find it too unsettling.

Docs are sized using the UK system so keep that in mind. Shucks is right...make sure your conversions are all consistent if you're ordering them online.

I'd suggest trying them on before buying if you're paying retail for SURE. If you find them at 50% off, it might be worth the wager. Between insoles and using the laces, you'll almost assuredly find a decent fit but whether or not it's something you'll wear enough to justify the price I guess is another matter.

Comment

• KingJulien
              • Oct 2011

Yohji footwear - if I'm a 43 in just about everything, what size would I get? The site suggest a V but I'm skeptical.

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                Rick sneaks are probably the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever owned. After hobbling down the street one too many times, I sold them and never looked back. The insole is hard and the sole itself has no flex, so be prepared to walk like Frankenstein for the first several months.

no pain no gain, thats my motto

Comment

• samblackbones
                  • Jan 2012

Could someone tell me how the sizing on Viridianne boots work?
                  Im 44 margiela 43 CP.
                  Thanks

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

I'm a typical/smallish 44 and wear a size 3 in VA boots. Size 4 has been too big for me in the ones I've tried.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                      • May 2010

drkshdw Scuba from 2 seasons ago sz xs does it fit true to size or would it fit a 46? it's a bit puffy, generally the drkshdw stuff runs big I find.. thanks

Comment

• Ivans On High
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2008

That drkshdw scuba does fit big. I'm a 48 and wore a small in that piece.

Now me: The blistered lamb Scuba in the classifieds, size small. Would this fit a 48?

The scuba used to fit a little large, and I could fit a small comfortably, but wear a M in other RO leathers.

Comment

• Carcass
                          • May 2010

Does anyone have enough experience with women's Forme to know whether these in L/XL will fit my 29-30 waist?

Comment

• anomolies
                            • Dec 2011

would you guys recommend throwing a size 2 julius MA cotton drop crotch into the dryer to shrink it? Would it shrink evenly?

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

If you need to shrink it all over (including inseam, waist, etc.) then just go ahead and shrink it. It will likely stretch back out a little bit after it's worn.

If it's 100% cotton (without any kind of different material as a lining or around the cuffs, details, etc.) it will definitely shrink uniformly.

Comment

• Umami
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by anomolies View Post
                                would you guys recommend throwing a size 2 julius MA cotton drop crotch into the dryer to shrink it? Would it shrink evenly?
                                it works

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎