Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

For all those with current season DD creepers, do they run TTS?
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• eckblk
      • Mar 2010

Anybody have experience with this piece from BBS? SUIT-F179 I'm a true 48 (50 with some of these designers) and thinking about pulling the trigger on the L.

Thanks,

EB

Comment

• shdws
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by rilu
        ^ it can be important to know the measurements if you're buying secondhand footwear or from shops that don't provide free returns. i think the most accurate way to get the right size is to measure the insole of the shoes that fit you fine and that have a similar shape to those you are buying, and then ask the seller to provide you the same for two sizes you think are close to yours. as others have said above, the gap entirely depends on the form of a shoe, but you shouldn't worry about it if your shoes feel comfortable to you.
        Ok I have another doozy

I never quite understood hows one foot is supposed to fit in a curved sole/toebox.

Example these ones
        http://www.pnp-firenze.com/wp/?proje...her-boot-07-28.

if my foot is just <26cm and these boots measure 29cm, too big?
        I don't want to make another purchase mistake AGAIN

thank you fellow stylezeitgeistians
        Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• smash
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by eckblk View Post
          Anybody have experience with this piece from BBS? SUIT-F179 I'm a true 48 (50 with some of these designers) and thinking about pulling the trigger on the L.

Thanks,

EB
          Fit very small, must go for at aleast size L

Comment

• liuliuqiu
            • May 2011

for me that's not a problem because i fit always the smallest size whatever the brands , and a 39.5 or 40 for shoes

Comment

• swrecked
              • Sep 2011

Is that 29 cm outsole? A 29 cm (outsole measurement) shoe like that should fit a us 7. Another way to do this is to measure a pair of your own shoes that fit well with a similar toe. I always ask for the outsole measurement of shoes before buying them online. So far, its served me well.

Originally posted by shdws View Post
              Ok I have another doozy

I never quite understood hows one foot is supposed to fit in a curved sole/toebox.

Example these ones
              http://www.pnp-firenze.com/wp/?proje...her-boot-07-28.

if my foot is just <26cm and these boots measure 29cm, too big?
              I don't want to make another purchase mistake AGAIN

thank you fellow stylezeitgeistians

Comment

• docus
                • Dec 2010

^^^ In my experience, a 29cm outsole in those Layer-0 boots would be a EUR 41, which would be the equivalent of a US 8 (not a US 7). Generally, I find Layer-0 footwear fits true to size. Regarding the curved toebox - it doesn't make much difference to the fit as your foot curves into it, plus the boots straighten out a lot when worn.

Comment

• shdws
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by swrecked View Post
                  Is that 29 cm outsole? A 29 cm (outsole measurement) shoe like that should fit a us 7. Another way to do this is to measure a pair of your own shoes that fit well with a similar toe. I always ask for the outsole measurement of shoes before buying them online. So far, its served me well.
                  Hi! swrecked its a 29 cm outsole measurement and I don't actually have a boot with a similar toe or boot for that matter as I am just getting into them now (: . But my paul smith shoes (pointy) generally are around 29 to 28cm. How much actual clearance do you usually need for such a toe box shape, like from your big toe to tip of boot?. I just can't imagine my foot curling just at the end, but I do have a 3cm clearance based off the measurements :S, and layer-0 don't have size 39 .

Originally posted by docus View Post
                  ^^^ In my experience, a 29cm outsole in those Layer-0 boots would be a EUR 41, which would be the equivalent of a US 8 (not a US 7). Generally, I find Layer-0 footwear fits true to size. Regarding the curved toebox - it doesn't make much difference to the fit as your foot curves into it, plus the boots straighten out a lot when worn.
                  Hi Docus! interesting.... the measurements I received were 29 cm outersole for size 40. So your foot actually curves upwards into the boot? a bit unnatural isn't it? for the feet that is.

IDK I need to pull the trigger while its on hold for me.

but having a foot <26cm and boot length of 29cm... I'm not 100% sure, but I absolutely love the look of the boots. what do you guys think? Cop it? or is it another boot that is too big for me again...
                  Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• docus
                    • Dec 2010

^^^ @ shdws, what is your usual shoe size? L-0 run true to size. If you're a EUR 40, I think a size 40 in L-0 is a safe bet.

Regarding the curved toebox - I too thought this might be strange at first, but they flatten out a lot when worn. (I have posted a few WAYWTs wearing L-0 boots, which show how much the toebox levels out with wear.)

They are super comfortable and well made boots.

Comment

• shdws
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by docus View Post
                      ^^^ @ shdws, what is your usual shoe size? L-0 run true to size. If you're a EUR 40, I think a size 40 in L-0 is a safe bet.

Regarding the curved toebox - I too thought this might be strange at first, but they flatten out a lot when worn. (I have posted a few WAYWTs wearing L-0 boots, which show how much the toebox levels out with wear.)

They are super comfortable and well made boots.
                      Hi Docus!

My shoe size is usually 40 to 41, but these are like brogues, dress shoes, not boots so they have more of a almond shape toebox, slimmer, all measure round 28 to 29cm roughly heel to toe.

Yea I am/was concerned about the toebox, it is def good to know that they flatten out . How far do your feet go up into the toe box though? like how much room is there from the tip of the boot to the tip of your toes. I am just worried that I might end up walking funny because of the 3cm clearance from toe to tip.

I'm going to check your WAYWTs now lol.

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                        • Aug 2010

urgent question !

hey guys, if i'm a 43 in most shoes as rick owens, will a 42 ann dem fit or not ? thinking about those last collection vitello boots.. thanks a lot !

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

shdws, what size are you in sneakers like Nike? I would say in general you size down 2 from your Nike size for boots. I'm a US10 in Nikes (Eu 44) and am a 42 in boots.

Comment

• shdws
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                            shdws, what size are you in sneakers like Nike? I would say in general you size down 2 from your Nike size for boots. I'm a US10 in Nikes (Eu 44) and am a 42 in boots.
                            hi Raw!

as weird as this may sound... all I have is one pair of tigers for running....the rest are all leather shoes, brogues. However the tigers I have are 41.5 I think? but I think tigers are not true to size because with a foot just <26cm realistically its a euro40.5 if the shoe/boot is true to size? or a small 41, I think?

Comment

• sinnedk
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                              dude i wear a 10.5 - 11.5 in nike and same with all my boots/shoes, i am not sure how you came up with that number

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

There is no way you wear EU45 in Nikes and 45 in say ma+ boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎