Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DRRRK
    • Aug 2009

Galia, let's say it is simple or classic. Conservative sounds too negative because it actually looks good and suits you.

This is me one year ago. Now it's considerably shorter at the back and at the sides. The colour is very dark brown, my natural colour.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
      • Sep 2009

one of my favorite red heads, Vivienne Westwood

and LOL of course:
      Last edited by genevieveryoko; 12-10-2009, 04:39 AM.
      http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Lumina
        • Dec 2009

Love this topic !
        And great hair Mona !

If I have to talk about my personal case, my hair is a nightmare. If something often ruins everything, it's the hair. They are naturally curly and dark brown. I never changed the color, I like it, but when I let them curly there are little hairs coming of everywhere, and if I make them straight, they don't remain that way for a long time if there is humidity. Guess I haven't found my miracle recipe yet, I need to test various products.
        Right now they are at my shoulders, but I'd like to grow them longer. (That's until the day I can't stand them anymore and cut all the centimeters I had gained, as always.)

Anyway, I have lots of nice pictures to share with you !

First, a little Yohji with these back pictures from FW :

(I hope I'll have the patience to let them grow like that)

Then, pictures from the amazing hair and make up designer, Katsuya Kamo, an artist working regularly with Watanabe, Undercover... and recently with Chanel for the paper sculpture on the head of the models. His work is really amazing, so unusual, inspirationnal, real pieces of art.

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

i've never been afraid to experiment ... with hair. since mine is naturally wavy and very dark brown going red has always been my chosen path when color comes into play and i love color. right now, black tips and auburn red with layers is the current incarnation. but mona, i have very much the same hair as you, just darker and i love the idea of asymmetric cuts so might give that a go if i find the right stylist.

does anyone know any artisan stylists in connecticut. this might be an oxymoron...

yohji does my favorite runway hair always. the weaves are incredible.

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

That Yohji messy hair is really really great

I also kind of really like this style (without the decorations)

unfortunately, I don't know how to french braid at all

Comment

• Silk
              • Jan 2009

I haven't cut my hair in about 1 1/2 years and have no idea what I want to do with it, right now it is a rats nest.

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

I've had naturally jet black hair my entire life, so of course now I've started going prematurely gray. My hair used to be pretty long, past shoulder length, and now I always get jokes when I show someone my drivers license. Right now my hair is shaved short on the sides, and long in the front and back. I like it, but I think I want to make it a bit more extreme. Looking for a good photo but can't seem to find one...

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                  I've had naturally jet black hair my entire life, so of course now I've started going prematurely gray. My hair used to be pretty long, past shoulder length, and now I always get jokes when I show someone my drivers license. Right now my hair is shaved short on the sides, and long in the front and back. I like it, but I think I want to make it a bit more extreme. Looking for a good photo but can't seem to find one...
                  You look like a nice Jewish boy, you should just embrace it and get the corresponding haircut.

I only go for something very neat and bourgeois but with boyish bangs, it become more rockerish as it grows but then I cut it again and the cycle starts anew. I like the contrast of out there clothes and neat hair.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Who?
                    • Aug 2007

I've only done a few things ranging from shoulder length straight, classic JFK style, long and shaggy, completely bald (which looked terrible). Currently I just leave it a little long and tossed on top and clipper it the sides and back.

This might be the next cut but I can't stand putting anything like wax or spray in my hair :
                    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

That's a girl BTW...
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• christianef
                        • Feb 2009

Comment

gah. wonderful hair. wish they'd brush it. i don't like the fluffy messy.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

one word : extensions

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MonaDahl

I've done a lot to my hair over the years...I'm probably happiest with it right now.

This is what it is right now. It is actually mostly shaved in the back, though it's not visible...this was my stylists way of giving me short hair, as I have about three heads of hair on one head. She's great.

mona, loved your cut so much that i went to a very creative salon nearby and showed them your picture and asked if i could achieve it, YES!! . appt. next week, yippee. maybe i'll get some tips too ;-)

Comment

• rider
                                eyes of the world
                                • Jun 2009

not a chance. not brave enough....give me a bucking bronco anyday over sz boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎