No announcement yet.

Hair! I wanna live forever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

liking the mcqueen mens middle parts. it's so androgenous and strikingly simple. reminds me of the chris cunningham/aphex twin look.

Comment

• trentk
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Aleks View Post
      my favorite short haircut
      Aleks - I have to agree. This image is making me reconsider my plan to grow long straight iggy pop / rick owens hair. I'm kindof getting a young lou reed vibe:
      "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

^^Haha, I've totally taken that picture from the Ann photo shoot to several haircuts!
        music

Comment

• kuriz
          • Nov 2010

First its fantastic that this thread came to exist in the first place and then I see from the time the comments ended up being written that it was forgotten again: but I say no!
          So hey, everyone, around 2 years ago I did the almost army-like cut: really short (1mm or so) in the sites and in the back but with some length in the top to take back. A middle thing between looking formal and at the same time experimental. Now, everyone has it.
          So I am thinking if anyone out there have newer pictures of some short/mid lengthened guy hair that looks good? To begin with using wax and stuff isn't a problem. I DO look like a nazi when it comes to not using anything so I guess that I have to just get to live with it.

But I would love to see some ideas if you guys have any. The one posted by trentk and originally by Aleks look fantastic too, but maybe a bit ... hm, maybe just not my thing. But please, ideas are more than welcome!

Comment

• StrAngeRy
            • Dec 2010

Timeless

Comment

• 123abc123
              • Aug 2010

More @ my blog ( http://fashionprostitute.com/2010/12/31/hair/ ). I'll try to add some more after my head stops ringing from last night... (I just really don't want to re-size everything).

Lately I have been looking for something mohawkish, but not an actual mohawk, since I have a Tyra banks five finger forehead and the whole exposed forehead doesn't really work for me.

I also like the whole hair down trend going on right now I just wouldn't want to look too much like a Justin Beaver wanna be. OR worst case scenario I wouldn't want to be lost along the see of people that have the same hair style- but to tell you the truth, with the new RO wedge boots I'm eying I don't see that happening any time soon.

BLOG

"I know that I know nothing"

Comment

• Skye X
                • Oct 2010

I've rocked a mohawk or variation thereof (bihawks, etc.) for a long time, and the current iteration is by far my favorite. Instead of the standard "fan", it's graduated from short in the back to long in the front, as often seen on depictions of native american "braves".

My friend Lorenzo, who is a fantastic stylist with a great fashion sense, helped me to perfect it by texturizing it exactly as needed, whereas my previous stylists were content to leave it all the same length and merely take weight out when I asked for texture. It now looks fantastic worn down as well as up, and is almost weightless, making its maintenance much easier.

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
                  • Nov 2010

So far we've seen a alot of interesting short haircuts for men in this thread but what about long hairstyles? Anyone have some pictures they care to share?

To get it started i'll just state the obvious.

Comment

i know it's of me, but i'm pretty darn proud i manage to grow my hair this long and not have it look ratty and worn. I once saw a man with a thick blonde braid that ended below his butt, wearing a long slim dark coat, white turtle neck and loose trousers. it was so gorgeous, and it was the moment i decided to grow my hair as long as his. the proportions were angelic. He looked like a tower.

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
                      • Nov 2010

Looks good man! You must have been blessed with amazing hair quality to be able to grow it that long. I understand why you are proud!

Keep em coming.

Comment

• christianef
                        • Feb 2009

Comment

• mononon
                          • Sep 2009

^marcel always makes me want to grow long hair.
                          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                            • Mar 2007

I usually shoot for whatever the overweight lesbians are wearing

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

if any of you have hair questions i suppose i can field them. i am a stylist and i work with a rather large higher end company. as for sulfates/sulfites i know a lot of companies, including the one i work for, are reformulating their products right now to find an alternative to sulfate/sulfites while still providing a quality product. it's definitely a slow go.

Comment

• kuriz
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                                if any of you have hair questions i suppose i can field them. i am a stylist and i work with a rather large higher end company. as for sulfates/sulfites i know a lot of companies, including the one i work for, are reformulating their products right now to find an alternative to sulfate/sulfites while still providing a quality product. it's definitely a slow go.
                                Actually I do have a question. Around 1,5-2 years ago I got the haircut that a whole lot of people seem to have now; 1-2 mm in the sides and in the back and then my hair to the side/back on my head with wax. Looks 'fashionable' and at the same time formal. I got this haircut before everyone else (in Denmark atleast) because the nice woman that cuts my hair thought she would try something that they had seen would be the new 'in thing' - and she was oh so very right.
                                Now I have been thinking: what will be the next new 'in thing'? What is the new hot thing in the world of stylists and hairdressers? New and experimental haircuts are always cool but it kind of losses interest when everyone has it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎