Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Nice thread, I little piece of Faust is dying now that SZ has a hair and makeup thread

I had really long hair ever since elementary school all through highschool but cut it all off my second year of college. Right now I'm inbetween wanting to go short or letting it grow longer for winter so my hair is kinda meh right now, just medium shaggy, verging on Zac Efron. Since I had long hair for so long going short feels more radical to me.

Here are a couple pics of hair styles past:
    From my asymmentry phase:

And from my viking warrior phase. Oh how I miss the vegan Dosa man of Washington square.
    music

Comment

• HérésiarqueNova
      • May 2009

It reminds me a lot of the Shintaro Kago's Fetus collection:
      (clic to enlarge)

Comment

• H-R
        • May 2007

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
        one of my favorite red heads, Vivienne Westwood

and LOL of course:
        The quote from Antino in your signature sort of punctuates the Vivienne's photos that you posted

Comment

• delirium
          • Sep 2008

great thread.
          been enjoying the pictures.

definitely can't deal with the hassle of wax or gel though. i'll have to explore other options still.

Comment

i feel like a björk spammer, but the vivienne westwood picture sortof reminded me of her.

Comment

ok, so i tried to find some pictures to show my hair properly.

I have quite thick and medium fine hair. Not coarse at all. It's a mixture of my fathers persian thickness and colour, with the fineness and tint of fudge thrown into the subleached parts from my swedish mother.

this is from a few months back, so it's a few inches longer.

this shows colour and quality. It takes some energy caring for long hair, but most of it is on not doing anything damaging. don't brush when it's wet, sleep with it braided, moisturize with silk therapy once a day, wash every four days. boar bristle brush for the win to gather it in curls, instead of leaving it a frizzy mess.

Unfortunately most of the time it ends up in either a bun or a ponytail. sometimes a braid. not too rarely i just let it out. I need to get more adventurous.

Comment

• Silke
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                i never thought much about hair until i had the privilege of working with this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvZ-l6PD5E
                What's the jacket he's wearing? Got any info on it?

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Silke View Post
                  What's the jacket he's wearing? Got any info on it?
                  sorry, i dunno.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                    this shows colour and quality. It takes some energy caring for long hair, but most of it is on not doing anything damaging. don't brush when it's wet, sleep with it braided, moisturize with silk therapy once a day, wash every four days. boar bristle brush for the win to gather it in curls, instead of leaving it a frizzy mess.
                    I'll keep this in mind, I'm growing my hair out too after having it short for four years...
                    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Speak
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
                      I'll keep this in mind, I'm growing my hair out too after having it short for four years...

I disagree on washing it every 4 days. You should be washing your hair at least every other day. Unless you're using cheap drug store shampoo, it's not going to be damaging it. The act of shampooing and massaging your scalp stimulates hair growth and gets rid of the hair you shed daily.

Also, be sure to get your hair regularly cut while growing it out. Some people have the misconception that they should just grow it without cutting it (sometimes for over a year). If you do this, you'll have really damaged hair with split ends.

Comment

Well, actually washing your hair too frequently will cause dry ends. I know my long hair hair care ritual, and it differs from short hair. everything is done in moderation, except brushing, moisturizing and cutting split ends.

It's really difficult to keep the hair below your ears properly moisturized if you wash it too often. You stimulate hairgrowth and shed hair with brushing moreso than with washing, cause while schampooing long hair, you need to be careful not to ruffle your hair too much, as it would cause unneccessary tangles afterwards. unneccessary tangles really damages.

of course, the frequency of washing depends on how dry someones hair is, and how long it is, but most people don't need to wash it that often. My friend washes it once a week cause her hair is naturally dry.

I know when i washed my hair every other day it never looked good. my hair looks its best on the 3rd day. you can train your scalp to adapt to a less frequent washing routine. If you wash too often your scalp will produce loads of sebum, which makes the hairline greasy really quickly, but the tips will still be squeaky clean. And when you wash completely stripped hair repeatedly, it never gets the chance to recoat itself with sebum. so greasy scalp, dry ends.

Comment

• Sergei_S
                          • Jan 2008

Wow!!! That's a great topic! Always wanted to have long hair, but my face does not allow me )) because of the of it's square shape. So, the best expression to describe my haircut is "Hitler" )) Long on the front and very short on the back and sides of my head. The shape is very sharp

I like it a lot, but hard to have this tpe of haircut, cause people often ask me if I'm a nazi, which I'm not ))

Will post pictures later
                          I got weapons

Comment

• FAD GADGET
                            • Dec 2009

The amazing hair for the boys from Rick Owens...the shaved back to the skin hairline is epic.

Check out early pictures of the dancer Michael Clark.he did this first when he modelled for Bodymap.Ill try and find a pic.

I want to see men rocking "The Cramps" style hair.Major widows peaks are ultra sexy.

Comment

• bluespring
                              • Jan 2009

The only reason I'm letting my hair grow longer and longer.

Comment

• Silke
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                                sorry, i dunno.
                                Shame, love it. Very down my alley.

And on the topic of hair, shampoo is the devil and I'm glad I stopped using it all together both for the hair itself and my scalp.

Whether one should brush or not really depends on the individual as well when it comes to wavy/curly hair. I never brush my hair except for carefully while washing it. Brushing it any other time is just as hellish as using shampoo and just fucks up the natural waving.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎