X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dontbecruel
    • Sep 2006

Re: Men's Footwear

Those washed leather Y's boots are beautiful in person. They make boots in the same leather that zip up the back as well. And in a dirty brown as well as the black. Both pairs are about £450 in the London Yohji boutique. They're definitely on my sale hit-list. They're having trouble selling them at full-price because they are very narrow. Unfortunately Yohji sales never go below 40%. You have to go to the outlet near Florence to get anything below that price.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="andrewislasorad"]Yes, I would, I believe in Undercover sizing I am an XL. [11.5]
      [/quote]

Ok, I will keep you in mind. It won't be for another few months though, but I'll let you know if I come across them again.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="Faust"]

Andrew, would you consider them in tan leather? If so, what is your size?

Deuxmille, I believe those Ann's boots hover in the $750 range, could be even less. I'll take a look at the tag next time.

[/quote]

Aside from the pair you have Faust (THE pair), Ann's footwear never did it for me. Those posted up above (for $750 no less!) are generic! Nothing about them makes me think "ah... so perfectly Ann" whereas the pair you have is lovely and distinct.

-A

[/quote]

What about these?! I wish I got them at the time :-(

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Those are nice!

Personally I like boots that have lots of details on the uppers. That way you can change it up easily. You can wear them so that the uppers are under your pants/jeans to dress them down or tuck your pants into them for a different look.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• djrajio
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]Everyone in Japan wears them and the look is getting really tired on most people.[/quote]
            Haha. Yes. I have a theory that everything that will be popular in America happens in Japan 6-months to 1.5 years earlier. I remember when French tailored jackets and tailored blazers came in vogue 3-4 years ago and vintage / distressed jeans came into vogue 5-6 years ago and low and be-hold a good year later its popular in America. Those Ann D. look so boring and ugly imo.

Comment

• bakla
              • Oct 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]

[quote user="deuxmille"]Everyone in Japan wears them and the look is getting really tired on most people.[/quote]
              Haha. Yes. I have a theory that everything that will be popular in America happens in Japan 6-months to 1.5 years earlier. I remember when French tailored jackets and tailored blazers came in vogue 3-4 years ago and vintage / distressed jeans came into vogue 5-6 years ago and low and be-hold a good year later its popular in America. Those Ann D. look so boring and ugly imo.

[/quote]

Yeah, I totally agree with you. The US (even NYC, despite its being a worldwide fashion capital ) is always far behind Japan and Europe in terms of men's fashion. American men in general just aren't as fashionable or adventurous. The Sartorialist, despite his good intentions in his blog, 'spotted a trend' of Military jackets and tucked in boots this week. I wanted to respond and note how the trend is already old elsewhere, but what was the point in flaunting any perceived superiority? But it just galls me that the jacket style that's been popular in London for almost two years and the boot styling that's been de rigeuer elsewhere for many seasons now, are just reaching these shores now and people act as if the US did it first.

Comment

• deuxmille
                • Nov 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]

[/quote]

You're right about Japan being ahead of the trends. Unfortunately most trends aren't usually very nice IMO and japanese people (especially younger people) just layer clothes a lot in a very sloppy way. It can be done properly, but most of the time it just looks goofy I find.

I like the Ann D. boots. I'm a fan of clean lines and little details when it comes to footwear. I wouldn't buy the boots for that price though, the quality didn't strike me as good enough.

Comment

• djrajio
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]Unfortunately most trends aren't usually very nice IMO and japanese people (especially younger people) just layer clothes a lot in a very sloppy way. It can be done properly, but most of the time it just looks goofy I find.[/quote]
                  Ah. Yes, theytend to be very extreme. But I think, that,in-itself is where the beauty lies. Without any of that sloppiness, a lot of the looks/styles we take for granted would never had developed, i.e. the entire williamsberg/thirft-store, ironic/sloppy look that so in vogue NYC really has its roots in Tokyo...I think the sloppiness really brings out the individual's personality.

Comment

• deuxmille
                    • Nov 2006

It's funny but I think the oppoisite when it come to individuality. Many of the people I see around town (mostly Shibuya and Shinjuku, since I'm there the most) just seem to dress similarly and not very creatively. Maybe I just don't have the eye for it, or I just dislike the style so I don't look into it but that's what I see. Of course there's some nice exceptions from time to time, my comments are more directed to the masses.

Comment

• deuxmille
                      • Nov 2006

Oh, and I'm all for being extreme :D

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                        • Nov 2006

any examples? [pictures]

good and bad.

Comment

• deuxmille
                          • Nov 2006

Are you talking about examples of the look of Japanese kids? I don't have a camera myself (I know, I know) but you can see some of the not too bad here

Comment

• nairb49
                            • Dec 2006

I'm not so extreme as deuxmille ;), but its the extreme kids in Japan who help start off the trends on the not-so-extreme fashionistas who piece together certain elements they like.

At least, thats how I see it.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

cloak. wool and leather.

are people actually going to buy these?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

my eyes hurt

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎