• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
    yes you can, but what's the point? why look like you just got back from the middle-earth after cutting off orcs' heads when you handing a can of friskies to a lady at the cash register?
    What's the point in "dressing up" (= putting effort into wearing something special) at all? You could go through a whole life wearing a sweatsuit and not giving a fuck.

I suppose the point is wearing something you think looks cool, feels good and possibly expresses something. It's a personal preference how "far" you take this. Obviously it might not make much sense to put a lot of effort into dressing yourself if you're running to a 7-eleven around the corner.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      yeah, sounds ridiculous - just like the cat food example. the point is that these exaggerated settings are totally different and it's not hard to imagine in which one you'll look out of place wearing something too dressy or weird.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      What's the point in "dressing up" (= putting effort into wearing something special) at all?
      but it's not what i put in question. obviously i wouldn't even know about this place with thoughts like "i don't know what i wear and i don't give a fuck".

just not sure if it's right to wear weird shit non-stop, that's all. and no way i'm insisting that it's not - just my thoughts.

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Dude just stop.
        You're going nowhere fast.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• byhand
          • Dec 2011

Sounds like he is trying to coax himself into a lifestyle that doesn't really fit. Not worth buying anything that ties your brain into knots. Dump it all on ebay and have peace of mind. Clothes ideally shouldn't give one an existential crises.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Well buying cat food looking like a wizard IS weird. That'xs why Rick Owens also makes jeans, tees, boots and leathers. You can look rock-Rick or monk-Rick or even glam-Rick depending on your needs and mood.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Classic SZ dressing for yourself vs others vs context dilemma.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                yeah, sounds ridiculous - just like the cat food example. the point is that these exaggerated settings are totally different and it's not hard to imagine in which one you'll look out of place wearing something too dressy or weird.
                no man. that's not the point at all. the point is that who the fuck dresses to impress the staff in a department store.

embrace ur weirdness. all day.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                  Classic SZ dressing for yourself vs others vs context dilemma.
                  A moment of silence for all of the cats that suffered due to their owners not knowing if they should put on their RO pieces to go to the store or just their sweat pants.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

But how should he dress the cat? Wrap her in tinsel and call her Michelle? Or just jeans and a t-shirt?
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• schemedream
                      • Jan 2013

All damn day. That's why I dress the way I do. I dunno about y'all.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                        But how should he dress the cat? Wrap her in tinsel and call her Michelle? Or just jeans and a t-shirt?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• delicious_not
                          • Dec 2012

no man. that's not the point at all. the point is that who the fuck dresses to impress the staff in a department store.

i didn't mean this. just the context you're in at the moment.

maybe ya'll right and i still have to master the "fuck u" attitude, or just buy some more subtle stuff to form a few looks that are supermarket-friendly.

sorry, but i just can't imagine myself shopping for groceries with a trolley and looking like a dark sorcerer or a post-apocalyptic scavenger.

Comment

• jap808
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                            Oh, I wouldn't do that, I love my dad too much.
                            a lil' late, but... genius

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

Once you´ve fallen asleep in full Rick on the couch you´ll feel comfortable wearing Rick all the time, no matter which items you choose.
                              I remember that nap. It was so damn good.
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

I sleep in a Julius hoodie when I want to rest undisturbed by frivolous things such as dreams.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎