• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    i do not even remotely try to match my blacks. i completely gave up on that. i do however try to match the qualities of the black fabrics. rough vs. precious vs humble and so on. anyone else like that?
    Trying to match the blacks used to be the bane of my existence (well, not really, but you know what I mean). Also gave up. With 300,000 shades of black it's impossible. And, yes, the key is in textures - cotton v. wool, etc.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pumpfish
      • Sep 2010

Fine artisan avant garde fashion is like fine wine.

Once you are up at a lofty price point, it isn't necessarily any kind of guarantee of quality. It's just giving you access to something that could be magical.
      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dawn
        I find it so easy to drop $1k on a jacket, yet I can't bring myself to spend $400 on a PS4.
        Yep, affordability is quite a subjective term, isn't it.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• schemedream
          • Jan 2013

I find it so easy to drop $1k on a jacket, yet I can't bring myself to spend $400 on a PS4.
          I've easily spent enough over the last year or so to buy a new car, yet here I am still rocking my 20+ yr old hooptie. Fucking priorities...

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

went through the same thought process with the PS4 and a Macbook Pro, ended up biting the bullet on both..

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

It's no secret to anyone who has bothered to read my posts throughout the years that I love sports/athletics. I believe sports are often a microcosm of everyday ordinary life.

Yesterday the NY Rangers signed their goal tender to a 7 year $59.5 mill contract making him the highest paid goalie in the nhl. So the dude playing the most important position on a team in the biggest market will make $8.5/year. Now compare this to a utility infielder in baseball or the 6 the man in basketball who's salaries are comparable. Top nhl players make 1/2 of what top players in other sports make.

My point is that value is always determined by the market place. Hockey just doesn't generate the same revenue as the other major sports and players' salaries reflect this. Their skill set suggests that they should be likewise compensated but the numbers don't,and can't, support it.

I'm sure hockey players have a perception,one that I agree with,that they deserve >$$ and in a perfect world their perception would be realized ... but they also understand that they can't be indignant if they want to continue to play hockey.

just sayin

Comment

• endorphinz
                Banned
                • Jun 2009

I'll never understand this,especially with the frequency that things end up being turned around in classifieds (DON'T MEAN U SPECIFICALLY)... I don't play games but I would imagine that a ps4 would give someone a few years of solid enjoyment before boredom sets in

Comment

• thejudge82
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                  I'll never understand this,especially with the frequency that things end up being turned around in classifieds (DON'T MEAN U SPECIFICALLY)... I don't play games but I would imagine that a ps4 would give someone a few years of solid enjoyment before boredom sets in
                  I bought an Xbox 360 at the start of this year since I had free time for the first time in a long time and it's easily given me entertainment for 500 hours at least. Total cost was $500 or so including 3 games and a few random things.

Last 3 pairs of shoes cost me $3800 and I probably only got 10 hours of wear out of one of them, haven't even worn the other two

Pretty dumb use of money but in the end shoes can be resold for most back, video games are sunk cost. Still xbox one with games and NFL setup sounds sweet, yet instead I just buy more shoes.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Its all personal choice and trying to "get it" is kind of pointless. Look at people around you (in real life) and think of the disparity in spending preferences, it goes a bit further than shoes vs video games.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Pumpfish
                      • Sep 2010

Morrissey's mushroom oxford bags at the Nobel Concert.

and the same haircut for 30 years.
                      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

There's nothing sadder to me than the type of man who thinks the only area in which he might express himself visually is with a "fun" pocket square or sock.
                        music

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I wished Bill Cunningham Happy Holidays today. For some reason it made me feel good.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            I wished Bill Cunningham Happy Holidays today. For some reason it made me feel good.
                            awwwwww
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kuugaia
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by thejudge82 View Post
                              I bought an Xbox 360 at the start of this year since I had free time for the first time in a long time and it's easily given me entertainment for 500 hours at least. Total cost was $500 or so including 3 games and a few random things.

Last 3 pairs of shoes cost me $3800 and I probably only got 10 hours of wear out of one of them, haven't even worn the other two

Pretty dumb use of money but in the end shoes can be resold for most back, video games are sunk cost. Still xbox one with games and NFL setup sounds sweet, yet instead I just buy more shoes.
                              It really depends on how you look at it. It's been shown in various studies that spending money on experience garners a lot more happiness overall that spending money on tangibles. But when you look at video games, you can't really say it's a 'tangible' good even though you are physically getting something. It's really more of an experience and in that sense it's hard to view it as a sunk cost.

I've rarely regretted dropping money on a video game; kopping jawns in the other hand...

Comment

• Mung_city
                                • Jul 2012

Any opinions on Shellac? i found some incredible pieces lately, and for good prices

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎