X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    /\ by that logic, women won't buy a supposedly unisex items if the closure is on the right.
    true, i like the option of a center closure or how some designers have incorporated design where it has closures to the left and to the right. that makes me think of true unisex design where you have options to either incorporate the masculine or femme. nuances i know but still. most of the items marked as unisex, ma julius for example, all close to the masculine side with the occasional center zip. i like the ambiguity of the center closure. do you know of any designers that have done the opposite with unisex items?

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Whats in a name?

Funny how a particular item of clothing footwear, would get no looks at all if made by a designer/ manufacturer we do not regard, but is suddenly cool and valuable, if said item is produced by a designer we revere..............
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ienjoybiscuits
        • Oct 2013

I find that I often fall victim to this mentality. I often neglect items that I initially was attracted to and justify it by nitpicking at small details and blowing up faults that I usually wouldn't mind. Conversely i find myself pining over things from designers/brands that I hold in high esteem even though the item itself may be initially unappealing to me.

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        Whats in a name?

Funny how a particular item of clothing footwear, would get no looks at all if made by a designer/ manufacturer we do not regard, but is suddenly cool and valuable, if said item is produced by a designer we revere..............

Comment

• Castor
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
          Whats in a name?

Rick leather snap back?
          Originally posted by DRRRK
          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

is it just me, or does Ebay bring out the worst in everybody... cause it sure brings out the worst in me...

-

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Been avoiding eBay like the plague since they instituted their "buyer's right no matter what" policy. It's now either SZ for stuff worth selling here or INA for the rest. I would rather get less money on SZ and know something is staying in this community than deal with some random crank.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

Pointy Shoes:

David Mitchell points the finger at pointy shoes, providing plenty of points about their pointlessness.LIKE David Mitchell on Facebook @ http://on.fb.me/davi...

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Comment

• xeraphim
                    • Nov 2008

Ghesquière confirmed at Vuitton.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Shucks, that's what I was talking about when you asked about pointy shoes...
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

Definitive evidence that it's not pointy shoes in and of themselves that can't be saved (per earlier Helmut thread discussion); it's patent leather shoes, pointy or otherwise.

I'm all for nearly everything the man has designed, but I draw the line when the material causes a glare so strong it can direct ships in the night.
                        sain't

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                          Shucks, that's what I was talking about when you asked about pointy shoes...
                          i know - that's why i posted it....

Comment

• lost53
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                            Definitive evidence that it's not pointy shoes in and of themselves that can't be saved (per earlier Helmut thread discussion); it's patent leather shoes, pointy or otherwise.

I'm all for nearly everything the man has designed, but I draw the line when the material causes a glare so strong it can direct ships in the night.
                            shiny shiny, shiny boots of leather...

Pvc can also shine when oiled...sure you adverse to a reflection here or there?

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

^ agree w/ this perspective. to me patent leather (and shiny pvc...) is very much integral to the bdsm culture lang referenced so much.

Comment

• several_girls
                                • Nov 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍