• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
    i own more rick basics than anything else, season after season they are consistent in sizing and cut. they seem to never change but the pricing surely has. this is the biggest conundrum within my wardrobe. why would i buy current season rick tees when they're exactly as the same as the last 10 seasons? a wardrobe staple for someone wearing a lot of rick year but still, buying basics in season at retail seems silly. does buying current season even matter when it comes to basics that don't really change?
    I would only buy current season rick basics if they were heavily discounted...or a different thickness. Most of the old stuff is sheer, so it would be nice get a few tees that use a thicker cotton.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Arcane
      • Jul 2008

Barny Nakhle should get more attention on here. There, I said it, quality shit. Get with the program niggaz
      Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

I really didn't think this was necessary but apparently some people can't see the forrest cuz of all those damn trees.

My initial post (RECENT) in WAYWT merely pointed out that those wanting to explore "more traditional mens wear looks" need not limit themselves to harnden cuz it seems to be the flavor du jour. I never "criticized" or compared ANYTHING. I only stated a fact.

I've seen,handled, tried on ph and have reached the (PERSONAL)conclusion that there is little real value and a lot of hype associated with his work. I am by no means an expert and only can comment on the limited pieces I've seen @ IF.

I appreciate the aesthetic. I've appreciated the aesthetic for YEARS but feel the current frenzy is caused by lack of knowledge and lack of awareness.

Some on this forum have decided to branch out and explore the world beyond the "black goth ninja"

I applaud that decision. I'm extremely cognisant that these same people need to express their individuality,their uniqueness and abhor the generic "dandy" #menswear vibe. I do too. I actually thought my fits (hate them as you please) have proved that.

I don't feel the same "disgust" for fast fashion as many. I mean,I understand the need for it and respect those who solely rely,or simply incorporate it,into their lives.

Likewise,I appreciate the classics;stuff that has endured time's test,usually for solid reasons.

My INITIAL (recent) point in WAYWT was,and still is:

do not be afraid to look @ classic menswear brands to see how you can INTEGRATE and assimilate them into your TOTAL vibe.

To discount classic tweeds from Scotland or woolens from Biella or cashmere from Connecticut because they are used by a (for lack of a better descriptor) lame brand is a travesty.

yeah,guess I should add that I still don't get the whole designer ethos thing.... ya know why consumerism for harnden (or Rick,_7,ma+) is any different than consumerism for dolce & gabbana.

Style is like music:

ARRANGEMENT is everything.

it's unfortunate when people develop hard ons. The increased blood flow tends to distort things.

just wanted to clearly state what I thought was already clearly stated.

Comment

• jskidder1
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by cloonz View Post
          There really is no reason to keep updating your basics unless you constantly destroy them. I think they realized this which is why they are releasing new colors for just one season.
          agreed. i will buy one of the t-shirts in passport this season as soon as they are available, but when it comes to black/dust/etc. i will scoop them on yoox or at season end every time.

Comment

• whtnnk986
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
            agreed. i will buy one of the t-shirts in passport this season as soon as they are available, but when it comes to black/dust/etc. i will scoop them on yoox or at season end every time.
            This is exactly what I will do. I want to get a passport color v neck short sleeve in unstable cotton for summer.

The RO basics in silk/viscose is very comfy and durable.

The unstable cotton ones tend to get damaged easily but this material hangs on the body beautifully and is excellent for the hot weather.

The sheer cotton tees from drkshdw tend to be more durable than the unstable cotton ones from the mainline. But drkshdw items tend to have inferior quality control issues.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

just received and looked thru 'my dear bomb'. such a lovely little book.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

yea its nice, I was reading it this summer but I kept passing out on the balcony (not because of the book, but because it was just too comfortable), so I think I still have a few pages left
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

LC:MEN has ended and was the same old same old, tailoring with a 'twist' or 'irony'. Absolute pony!

Although, I really enjoyed Agi&Sams collection and the show as a whole. Lee Roach showed a few "new" details, but stayed true to his vision an the brand he is trying to build.

Still don't 'get' JW Anderson, and Nasir Mazhar looks like bad mid 90's American streetwear. He should stick to producing variations of his baseball cap.
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Mung_city
                    • Jul 2012

It sucks when you really build up a brand in your mind, or just a garment, and when you see it in person it's a huge disappointment. Based on the pictures I was convinced Incarnation was some of the best leather to exist bar none, but it really falls short in person. The cuts are decent, if you are tall and lanky, but the leather quality and hardware is very average

Comment

• trentk
                      • Oct 2010

this reallllllyyyy makes me want to wear a white panama hat with some black ziggy chen...
                      "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• delicious_not
                        • Dec 2012

it is impossible to find a white wool turtleneck, not some off-white or beige.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I sew buttons on better than Paul Harnden.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

well i am about to find out if i do
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

GF on my LUC alpaca/cashmere/silk blend reversible sweater:
                              "That sweater looks better on you than it could on anyone else but it's still an ugly sweater."

I still love it, kept me warm during the "polar vortex".

Comment

• MJRH
                                • Nov 2006

This study solicited the views of 20 young males who exposed their underwear by wearing saggy pants. The study sought to understand some of the reasons for the practice and how the participants transacted or expressed their identity in good situations where people complimented them about their saggy pants and in bad situations where people reprimanded or insulted them. Participants’ responses were content analyzed and explained in terms of the power configurations about saggy pants fashion, and the identity transactions that occur because of this fashion. The participants viewed saggy pants as the preferred and comfortable fashion norm because they grew up seeing it, and watching it on music videos so it was alright to publicly display the creative underwear designs. These participants had the power to determine fashion choices and outcomes in there generation. They bonded with others in good situations by smiling and being nice but some buffered in these situations by being indifferent or sarcastic because they felt that the compliments were fake. They buffered in bad situations by walking away, acting rudely and aggressively and others code switched by adjusting their pants. The code switchers relinquished power and control over fashion outcomes unlike those who buffered.
                                source
                                ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎