X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jskidder1
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by fashion4ward
    What kind of soap is best if washing delicate garments by hand? Especially if the item has embellishments you do not wish to remove.
    Liquid soap in cold water? Do I use soap at all?
    Thank you all in advance in addressing my inquiry.
    i strongly recommend vaska:

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

I need some Haider pants in my life.
      music

Comment

• Vanna
        • May 2008

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
        I need some Haider pants in my life.
        Get your Tilda on.
        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

with everything being labeled a "grail" what weight does the term even carry? every ccp item in the classifieds is a "grail" and i just dont see it. the term is used entirely too loosely

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Just another hypebeast term whose only purpose is to annoy. I just think it doesn't make sense to tell me what my coveted thing is. And obviously it's not the seller's grail either, or they wouldn't be selling it.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Ambitot
              To each his own, but to me signature items, that you can easily define are "grails". When you see red CCP boots you can easily tell, which brand are these.
              of course but what parameters are they living up to when they're readily available for special order? i'd define grails as something you cannot otherwise find and dont regularly see for sale, items that people usually DONT sell. it should be something you would have to search for, not something that you'd have to search for to find cheaper than retail which i am assuming a lot of the grail listings are actually referring to.

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

I tried to make that argument once and was called a troll.
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                  • Sep 2008

Is it me or did kim jones put on a lot of weight? i thought he was a lot slimmer always/

Comment

• lionlimb
                    • Feb 2013

Dish soap is way too harsh for delicates. Gentle detergents designed for the purpose are pretty widely available. If you're not vegan, choose something lanolin based for silks or other natural fibres.

If you really get in a pich, use shampoo, not dish detergent
                    not baller

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                      • Mar 2009

I don't get the continuous Hip Hop hate on here. Especially when it comes to Rick Owens (see collection threads). Not only is it very elitist but I also find there are some racial undertones also.

Why are "they" wearing rick, "they" will buy it etc etc. Sometimes it sounds like an English Defence League or National Front meeting.
                      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• delicious_not
                        • Dec 2012

honestly, i don't get how someone can be in love with rick stuff while haitin' hard on hip-hop. that street touch, it's always there. and i don't mean asap rocky, i mean 90's "rap clothes", oversized and mean. personally, that's one of the few reasons i actually love his designs... and don't get me wrong, i don't wear it with supreme tees.

Comment

• lionlimb
                          • Feb 2013

THIS.

I think "why are THEY wearing it" is what bothers me the most, along with the frequent use of "ghetto" as an insult /referenced concept.

That was one of my big reactions to the RO SS14 women's kerfuffle - like, seriously, did you not get what he's been referencing all along?

And I think magna fit caedes is right on point re: stylists. In this stylist-directed celebrity culture, where is a menswear designer to find his Daphne Guiness or Isabella Blow? The options for true, don't give a crap dandies are sort of limited to the Sartorialist's old men from Milanand rappers. Whether you're into 90s Prada and Louis or not, hip hop culture traditionally allows its males to preen. Yes, there's an element of "now we here" consumerism, but I'm never going to believe that someone who is really into high fashion just doesn't care about designer status any more than I'll believe a hipster kid doesn't care whether or not his musical taste is cool. It's not the only factor, but it creeps in around the edges.

I guess I just think that someone like Kanye, who, for better or worse, does exactly what he wants, regardless of public opinion, has that definitive energy that has been making muses throughout history.
                          not baller

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Mmm, ghetto ceased to be a term of insult like 10 years ago...
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lionlimb
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by lionlimb View Post
                              ...use of "ghetto" as an insult / referenced concept.
                              Insult status of the word: So the point.
                              Last edited by lionlimb; 01-18-2014, 04:12 PM.
                              not baller

Comment

• delicious_not
                                • Dec 2012

i remember the heat you guys dropped on me when i was talking about the current ro vibes in one of the rick threads about a year ago... now look what we got: du-rags, chicago footwork as a soundtrack, michele and rick chillin' with asap rocky, clothes speak 'street' like never before... and actually i didn't even mean media vibes saying 'vibes' back then, that was about how i feel the clothes and what message i see in the recent rick. i definitely messed even my own thoughts when i said i'd never buy anything before a/w 12-13, but seems that your rejection of 'rick-hop' and arrogant discussions like "SZ is more special than they" (hypebeasts, bandwagon jumpers or whatever you like to call them) are against the vision of rick himself... will you stop buying his stuff then? no, you won't... so what's the meaning of all this elitist shit?
                                Last edited by delicious_not; 01-19-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎