• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by christianef View Post
    or read less, buy more PH

jk but honestly all the runner ccp art analogy's in the world wont really help just skim this thread for 1 min for a new member who's pictures arent particularly mind blowing what do u expect - not getting hacked to shreds and inciting a 10 page riot cause u look like a chick is a compliment in itself.
    Word. Being ignored has officially become the new black.
    sain't

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Seriously, are we all in an unusually good mood because the "off" months are finally becoming an unpleasant memory? Why, we haven't gotten into our usual Friday riot.

Wait - it's Friday. So, it's about that time...

Ashamed: it's preposterous to wear white sneaks that look like you have to spit polish them every time you step on a bus and that you have to guard them with your life when you near a junior high school.

Even worse when they take up a good 1/4 of your ensemble. You don't want anyone to think, "here come the sneakers" when you walk toward them. Try a less padded sneaker; a less conspicuous one. They will be seen even if they're not taking up 25% of ones view looking at you.

A pair of Margiela Army trainers would do the job just fine here.

You know, we're not here to validate you if that's what you're looking for. We are here to give you an honest opinion. So long as you value that, you're in the right place.
      MBD
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• well, looking at the last pages... so many great posts

merz, great light in wc, fbl with reflexes of ceramic and metal - always cool.

sergey, знаешь, конечно, не по этому кадру судить, но похоже ты более органично смотришься в оуэнсовском стиле, чем в ббс.

wire, master - as always, hats off, fantastic)

acm100, man, sorry, but something wrong, really wrong, and with you barefeet-turtleneck look and especially with OV cardi. Imo, Ax created these cardis not so universal to experiment with em in this way. after all, his style is quite clear and strong, which is not always compatible with other brands.

MBD,

Originally posted by ashamed View Post
        maybe gunna regret, but i never get any comments on my fits
        ashamed, you had to post it in WTF...

Comment

• ashamed
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by JoniF
          ashamed, your legs look like they're three-fifths the length of your upper body, making you look out of proportion. And that will be the first thing people will notice because your shoes are the focus point of your outfit, attracting initial attention to your lower body. Also, I like your hat. I'd like to take this opportunity to emphasize interest1's point that half-assed pictures invite half-assed attention.
          i was mainly joking when posting the comment about not getting any, was just bored

i can see what you mean about proportion, that diagram helps.lol
          the sneakers are pretty dirty and messed up which you dont really get an idea of in the picture. which is a great time apologize for the quality. Im not always able to use my roomates good camera

iv actually been lurking for quite a while but i only recently signed up. try to read a lot of the discussions between work and other work.

anyways thanks for the comments, i like the hat also was so cheap but pretty good quality

edit: christianf your comment is actually really nice thing to hear. i wish i could get some ph (inspiration for buying that hat) maybe when i can take better quality pictures i can start 10 pages riots

Comment

• Sergey Seven
            • Sep 2010

thank you, MetroBulotDodo =) your last fit makes me think on paying more attention to InAisce pieces, neve was much into it actually. but htese pants are so cool, need to check what do we have in Msk.

Hey, thanx Jin, but maybe its just because you like Rick more than BBS? =)
            as for me - i so much into his (BBS) aesthetic, its just natural and super comfortable for me wearing his designs.
            and as for this exact Rick jacket, i dont like it much, i think i look like гопник на спортивном байке =)

Comment

• Sergey Seven
              • Sep 2010

but anyway, Rick for today =)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergey Seven View Post
                much into his (BBS) aesthetic, its just natural and super comfortable for me wearing his designs.
                and as for this exact Rick jacket, i dont like it much, i think i look like гопник на спортивном байке =)

neh, noth about my own preferences, especially considering that I'm not in RO theme, except few old seasons. But, ok, I had to explain it: you have very charismatic, strong personality, which is excessfully fit the cultural and stylistic references of bbs items, but collapsed with its aestetics. Maybe it's subjective, but bbs looks better on somebody with more neutral appearance, and that's why minimalistic ro jacket works real good with your face.
                В любом случае, надо очень постараться, чтобы выглядеть как гопник на спортбайке, имея нормальный гардероб) don't you think about good old layering beneath this jacket?

Originally posted by Sergey Seven View Post
                but anyway, Rick for today =)
                wtf is UNDER rick??? и где спортбайк? you do it.)))
                Last edited by Guest; 09-16-2011, 06:41 AM. Reason: oops

Comment

• Sergey Seven
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Jin View Post
                  wtf is UNDER rick??? и где спортбайк? you do it.)))
                  Its just merch hoodie of my favorite band, and its about 11 years old! will never throw it away =)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergey Seven View Post
                    Its just merch hoodie of my favorite band, and its about 11 years old! will never throw it away =)
                    so here we go) old-fan wabi sabi meets drkshdw simple piece and ocassionaly "I feel myself like a gopnik on sportbike"

You should try some really big hoods, like IS or MM:nude with ro and duckshdw jackets, sure, it'll be great)

Comment

• shah
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                      Word. Being ignored has officially become the new black.
                      Then I win this thread

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by shahanshah View Post
                        Then I win this thread
                        seconded!

And no interest1, i just cant buy these Rick sneaks, they are too fugly...i am willing to get banned out of Manhattan...
                        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

Casual.

Xavier Delcour coat
                          Burberry Sport sweatshirt
                          Ann t-shirt
                          Bottega Veneta belt
                          altered Calvin Klein jeans
                          Ann triple-buckle boots
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• BrettChaotix
                            • Nov 2007

yay cool weather

Comment

• ACM
                              • Jan 2011

50 degrees outside :)

Julius jacket
                              Damir tee
                              DRKSHDW pants
                              McQueen shoes

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

@sergey, trying to imagine what your last fit would look like with a scuba instead of that hoodie. if only it were that cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎