• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

wow, you can tell a lot from a pic huh?

Originally posted by Jin View Post
    neh, noth about my own preferences, especially considering that I'm not in RO theme, except few old seasons. But, ok, I had to explain it: you have very charismatic, strong personality, which is excessfully fit the cultural and stylistic references of bbs items, but collapsed with its aestetics. Maybe it's subjective, but bbs looks better on somebody with more neutral appearance, and that's why minimalistic ro jacket works real good with your face.
    В любом случае, надо очень постараться, чтобы выглядеть как гопник на спортбайке, имея нормальный гардероб) don't you think about good old layering beneath this jacket?

wtf is UNDER rick??? и где спортбайк? you do it.)))

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

michael kard - i immediately thought of this.

the fit is not bad though

acm100 - you look like an old man shuffling around his apartment in his robe and slippers looking for his cat that died 15yrs ago before the alzheimers set in.

in other words, lurk more. good effort, poor execution. thats all
      Last edited by cjbreed; 09-16-2011, 03:43 PM.
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

thanks for being a bigger prick than me c, just pee-peed myself

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

ok i'll take it down. i guess the nice thing to say is lurk more.

i just want to keep the quality of the thread up and many people have already given the constructive comments.

edit - left it up. thread doesn't make sense now if i pull it.
          Last edited by cjbreed; 09-16-2011, 03:43 PM.
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• BeauIXI
            • Nov 2008

I think people have either stopped looking at the designer index, or need to invest in just one full-length mirror. Silhouette, fellows, is what's important here- the negative space around the black lines should be the first thing you consider- it's what makes an elegant fit stand out from a crowd of indifference.

And I'm not talking about being skinnier, or turning up the contrast. (Why no, of course I'm not still sore from that discussion, I don't even recall it. )
            Originally posted by philip nod
            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

* ‘Face-palming the Children’ rule has officially been reinstated *

sain't

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

you're no fun at all. christ.

Originally posted by rilu
                that gif has nothing to do with his outfit, but more whom he reminds you of/which associations the pic evokes in you, and as such i don't see its function in this thread. i mean, it's just an insult (in contrast to a constructive criticism), no?

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

haha, not at all. the gif was funny but the diaper/cat man comment just about killed me, and only because it was spot on.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

mkard's coat looks fine, the length of the sweater is what bugs me along with those jeans. can't tell if they be blue or black but i dont like what little i see..

Comment

• Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                      wow, you can tell a lot from a pic huh?
                      Huh, Kunk, huh) what's problem with IMHO?

acm100, I'm with cJb in his slippers mention. How can you try to link so different items and moods?

Comment

• ACM
                        • Jan 2011

Ha, seriously, a cat man? I really didn't think it was that bad, but I can understand the lower half of my outfit. Maybe with a more rigid slimmer jean with a like boot or something instead?

Comment

• premierminister
                          • Jul 2008

Oktoberfest starts tomorrow ;-)

PROST!

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

awesome, going this weekend myself

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

acm, that julius robe look with a tucker in backzip boot or rick side zips to draw the eye back up wouldnt have been half bad. with the sandals at the bottom it just "dumbs" down the severity of the look that could occur. i think the rick drops in what looks like the jersey cotton material is also at fault because under the long draped coat they look like just cropped sweatpants. as other users have said, lurk more!

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                                michael kard - i immediately thought of this.

the fit is not bad though
                                is it time to suggest that michael kard get a buzzcut?
                                honestly though i think it could be quite becoming...

michael - the sad thing about your fit pic is that you cut out the best part - the boots :-(

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                                Ashamed: it's preposterous to wear white sneaks that look like you have to spit polish them every time you step on a bus and that you have to guard them with your life when you near a junior high school.

Even worse when they take up a good 1/4 of your ensemble. You don't want anyone to think, "here come the sneakers" when you walk toward them. Try a less padded sneaker; a less conspicuous one. They will be seen even if they're not taking up 25% of ones view looking at you.
                                i hadn't gotten the impression the sneakers were particularly clean, although hardly anything can be made out besides the giant plastic storage container which you were too lazy to move out of the way before you took the pic.

anyway, i don't see what's particularly so wrong about wearing ginormous sneakers. that's what rick owens sneakers (among others) are all about, and i think the look works for those that are going for more of a 'youthful' or 'street' type style
                                http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎