• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

no kidding, looks like a clone, same height, build, posture

I guess I will ask the obvious - why a sweater to a wedding? considering the other outfit which is somewhat formal
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dropt
      • May 2009

I was going to say the same thing at first, but then I thought : "No, let's not go through this wedding shit again."

Comment

• ACM
        • Jan 2011

It was a very casual wedding. The invitations basically said come as you are

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

2 for 1 special today

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Kunk and others, don't you find that when a shirt is that much longer than your jacket it looks super awkward zipped? This is a problem I have with long shirts and shorter jackets though I like the look. Or do you just never close the jacket?
            Last edited by casem; 09-17-2011, 09:09 PM.
            music

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

I just zip and let it hang. My wife calls this wearing a dress

Comment

• copacetic
                • Nov 2010

acm:

with sweaters like that julius piece you're wearing, you either have to be pretty muscular or more androgynous to pull it off.

i actually have this issue with a lot of fits here. lots of tight tops with saggy pecs. no good, no good. do some push-ups and eat less bread.
                And "When the prince has gathered about him
                "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• Sergey Seven
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                  Kunk and others, don't you find that when a shirt is that much longer than your jacket it looks super awkward zipped? This is a problem I a have with long shirts and shorter jackets though I like the look. Or do you just never close the jacket?
                  yeah, the same problem. i just hide the 'skirt' that was left under the jacket (if the bottom of the jacket is tight enough)

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by merz
                    you're dealing with a different standard of beauty in a different set of social circles. some chaps think nothing better looking than a hairy, fat fuck in assless leather chaps. of course the real fun starts when those are julius assless leather chaps.
                    . .. *with the matching boobie sling swivel-clipped to a belt loop

So all you hirsute hussies out there, take note: if you're gonna go assless
                    (and of course, you will),
                    discerning leather daddies do it high-end, not high-street.
                    sain't

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

High end with a tight end.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

please, no visuals.
                        sain't

Comment

• copacetic
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by merz
                          you're dealing with a different standard of beauty in a different set of social circles.[/I].
                          well, at some point you need to make a distinction.

some clothing looks better on skinny people, and some clothing looks better on big people. i like designers willing to take on that challenge, like yohji yamamoto.

slinky julius tops, though, don't look right with saggy pecs in the way. it ruins the line of the sweater. i think that being totally pec-less works too (like most male runway models).

can't we be more like the greeks? at some point we should hold up a standard of physical beauty.

what i can say is this: my standard of physical beauty is not someone who sits on his ass all day and becomes obese. that sort of physical laziness is not natural and will never be. human beings are at their best when they are physically active.

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

Definitely a stray from my usual darker attire, but was on the way to a charity event and some dude took these shots so figured I'd post.

Miu Miu shirt, unknown 10 foot tie, Number (N)ine pants, shitty shoes.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

^^Agree with Joni here on views of what looks good/bad regarding people. I certainly have strange taste....

As for that sweater...

I had a hard time with that Julius sweater and 50% of what I wear is Julius stuff. That sweater is too long for my tastes and wish he would have cut it a little slimmer in the sides. It just sorta drops down too far for me. Maybe better on a taller person. However, I DON'T think this would look good on a big dude either. Probably best on a 6'3" or taller slim guy IMO.

More importantly.... That Ann D jacket is SICK! What season is it?

Comment

• copacetic
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by JoniF
                                ...but I think trying to establish a standard for physical beauty is pointless. Your lump of lard is another's cupcake cutie.
                                relativism is so intellectually lazy.

i'm comfortable upholding the standard for human physical beauty that has stretched from the dawn of civilization through the renaissance.

"he who cannot draw on 3000 years of history is living hand to mouth."
                                -goethe

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎