Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muffin_baker
    • Dec 2009

Correct! Those actually are chocolate cupcakes.
    Strangely enough I couldn't find a picture of any of my muffins.
    I'll take a picture the next time I bake some "real" muffins.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
      • Jan 2010

Hello everyone! I don't know if anyone reads this thread anymore, but heres the first reply in 2010!

I've practically lived in Malaysia all my life. My family is quite well-to-do and so I've been living around fashion throughout my entire life.

BUT, and it's a big but, I only started immersing myself in fashion for the past one-and-a-half year or so. When I was a child, I was all for the hip hop look, Baggy jeans, XXL clothes, New era cap, go figure. Then there was the BIG ASS Horse Ralph Lauren Polo era.

Then I went all neon, cobalt blue skinnies with pink tee shirt.

But then, something happened. I started appreciating fashion more and more every single day. So I started researching on all the designers. Yeah so from wearing pink tees, I'd moved on to Thomas Pink button ups and Prada pants. I had a craze for Paul Smith button ups too.

I then got hooked on buying tee shirts (and still do). I appreciated Hedi Slimane's DH but it was too late. By the time I had put an interest into fashion KVA had moved in to DH. Don't get me wrong, I actually like KVA for what he is, and his brand is quite appealing to me (I got myself 4 of his tees last year, including a double layered one). It didn't stop me though. I saw a DH suit which was slim fitting, almost hedi-like, and I bought it. (This was also because my old suit was a bit too big for me, I dropped from a 48-50 to a 44)

Finally, at the end of last year I started checking out on 'goth ninja' brands. Julius, RO, DD, CCP opened up a whole new world for me. And that's why as a new year's resolution (that and sewing, I'm gonna sew some of my own shiznit later this year), I've planned to overhaul my wardrobe goth-ninja style. And it's going as planned, I've just asked a relative of mine to get some RO for me in London as we speak. I figure a blistered leather jacket, 4 tees and a trainer should start it all off.

It's hard for me to get these pieces in Malaysia (and that's why in the future I'm planning to set up a multi-label store here for these garments) and it will be easier once I start my A-levels in London and where hopefully, I'll be able to get myself into CSM to do fashion design.

I hope that my time in this forum will be a memorable one. Let's see if I can fulfil my new year's resolution.

Cheers!
      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• fenrost
        Banned
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post
        It's hard for me to get these pieces in Malaysia (and that's why in the future I'm planning to set up a multi-label store here for these garments) and it will be easier once I start my A-levels in London and where hopefully, I'll be able to get myself into CSM to do fashion design
        Well, good luck on that, and welcome.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
          • Jan 2010

Thank you. Only thing is I don't know if there would be a market for it in KL.
          MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

There isn't even the market for it in HK, I'm doubtful about KL to be very honest with you...it's admirable to spread what you love especially if it's of genuine merit, yet I don't think our side of the world ex-Japan is really geared towards this niche on a workable level.

Based on what I've read from your posts I get the impression you don't really have to worry about maintaining a profit, if my assumption is correct then by all means I fully support the idea of this venture.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• fenrost
              Banned
              • Mar 2009

I do know one of the prince of Selangor love MMM and CCP. However I believe the Sultans are already rocking CCP leather.. heh ;)

Anyway, you may end up depending on the internet market tho.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                • Jan 2010

Hmm interesting fact on the Royalty swag.

Guys, I suppose you're right. Asia outside of Japan doesn't really have a market for it. But perhaps if I do a similar concept like Ra, in antwerp, where they showcase young talent, art, music, and installations AND sell an amount of these clothes it could work better.
                MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

speaking of this thread of discussion...i think a week or two ago I was reading a local trendies magazine at 7-11, there was a profile on 'BOOTS' ... heh, a bunch of local fashion/entertainment/journalism figures were interviewed on their history with this genre of footwear, was particularly struck by one person whose photograph showed him decked out in some black fabric and I think Raf zipper boots, he mentioned his favorites were CCP and CDiem. I wonder if that dude lurks here...somehow I'm always under the impression if anyone can recognize the acronym 'CCP' they've gotta have passed through here.
                  www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• stereophobic
                    • Aug 2009

You still have so much to look forward to. Expect your perspective on a lot of things to change once you head overseas for your A-levels.
                    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
                      You still have so much to look forward to. Expect your perspective on a lot of things to change once you head overseas for your A-levels.
                      Yup yup .

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                      speaking of this thread of discussion...i think a week or two ago I was reading a local trendies magazine at 7-11, there was a profile on 'BOOTS' ... heh, a bunch of local fashion/entertainment/journalism figures were interviewed on their history with this genre of footwear, was particularly struck by one person whose photograph showed him decked out in some black fabric and I think Raf zipper boots, he mentioned his favorites were CCP and CDiem. I wonder if that dude lurks here...somehow I'm always under the impression if anyone can recognize the acronym 'CCP' they've gotta have passed through here.
                      I mean, even I found out from here.
                      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• fenrost
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post
                        Hmm interesting fact on the Royalty swag.

Guys, I suppose you're right. Asia outside of Japan doesn't really have a market for it. But perhaps if I do a similar concept like Ra, in antwerp, where they showcase young talent, art, music, and installations AND sell an amount of these clothes it could work better.
                        Sufu brands will work : )

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

Not to knock Sufu too much, as I really think it's got a unique perspective of its own, but as I once casually riffed...

"If SuperFuture is nostalgic to the past, and StyleZeitgeist looks to what lies ahead, then StyleForum is caught in between the two, endlessly trying to make sense of the now."

I think you should strike for a balance of the latter two if you want to flex the shrewdness of your commercial nous.
                          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                            • Jan 2010

I do agree with the comment stated above, but perhaps if we could have a selection of all three, Sufu, SZ, and SF with emphasize on SZ then It could work. That way we can reach out to different people.

I'm trying to be extra careful now, Faust was good enough to give me a warning for all my spamming
                            MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• .:sonica:.
                              • Jan 2010

hi boy..

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                                • Jan 2010

Just saw this thread.

I'm a designer living on the West Coast most of my life (except for a year in Graz, Austria and three months in Antwerp, Belgium). My primary focus has been interiors and furniture design but I've done eyewear design, graphic and identity design as well. My biggest project to date has been designing the first flagship Y-3 store in Tokyo (a design that was adopted as the template for the stores that followed).

I have always been interested in clothing since I first got to pick out my clothes in second grade, but I really became interested in avant-garde fashion when I was sixteen and was exposed to Comme des Garçons, Yohji Yamamoto, Jean Paul Gaultier, etc. I quickly became a fan of the Japanese designers, but in college I stumbled across Dries van Noten, Martin Margiela and Ann Demeulemeester (this was pre-mens collection) at Barneys in Seattle and have really never looked back.

I'd say now my closet is about 90% - 95% Demeulemeester with some older Dries and Margiela pieces and a little from Schönberger, Branquinho, Delcour, CdG, Yamamoto and even an old Thimister suit.

Other fashion designers that I like are Raf Simons, Julius, Rick Owens, Boris Bidjan Saberi, Carol Christian Poell and Carpe Diem, but living where I do, I haven't had a lot of personal exposure to them.
                                THE HOUSE OF DIS
                                embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎