• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by the-orb View Post
    Unfortunately, as a few other members here, I don't live in an area with access to these brands, or any interesting brands, for that matter, so for now the Internet has been my main weapon. Although I gotta say, buying online is not always that easy, I've probably returned more items than the ones I kept, but then I don't have much experience yet, so maybe that's why.
    Welcome !
    Let's see if they work...

Comment

• eris quod sum
      • Jun 2009

Now that I have finally registered (after spending far too much time creeping the forums) I will introduce myself.

I'm Jonathan, live in New York, 19, turning 20 on Friday. I am a full time student and also work full time at a Japanese owned boutique in SoHo. I love the works of Boris Bidjan Saberi, Julius, Michel Berandi, Rick Owens, Yohan Serfaty, Volga Volga, If 6 was 9, and some other smaller lines I have recently been introduced to. That is all I have for not about myself.

Hello everyone.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Welcome. You work at Amalga?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eris quod sum
          • Jun 2009

Yes! You've been?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Haven't been in a long time. What's new there now?

P.S. Your avatar, is that from the Undercover Grace book?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eris quod sum
              • Jun 2009

We have a lot in... and some great things are happening for fall/winter. Our website is up (www.amalga.us) so you can see some pieces... i am trying to keep this as far from me advertising the store as possible, but we do have volga volga, kiminori morishita, michel berandi, yohan serfaty and quite a few other labels. You should stop in! I am almost always working, I can show you the lookbooks we have together, at least until the new shipments arrive.

And that image is actually one I took myself in Pennsylvania and scanned in. :)

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

ok, i'll stop in next time i'm in soho.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eris quod sum
                  • Jun 2009

great! i look forward to meeting you. hopefully you come on a day that I'm in the shop.

Comment

• mw000
                    • Jan 2009

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this forum. Just wanted to say how great it is. I enjoy reading intellectual debates over leather washes and stitching!

I am a university grad, business owner and car/motorcycle + watch fanatic. I also love art, all forms of design and architecture and of course CLOTHES!

This forum has really opened my eyes to some fantastic clothing that is not available where I am. Unfortunately due to my build, it is harder to find stuff that fits.

The attention to detail has really brought my eye to another level and also has helped me realize and avoid some epic fail styles.

Thanks guys!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

welcome, mw000

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Welcome, Catharsis. Copy your last two paragraphs into either of those two threads you posted and we can take it from there.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Hello,
                          I'm Michael and I hail from Pittsburgh. There's a strong chance that I'm the only member from this city. It's fashion sense is defined by a Steelers jersey.
                          I found my way onto this site in search of clothing to purchase. I'm into designers like Geller and Helmut Lang. Those have led me to appreciate more discrete designers, thus landing me here.

I'm a critical care RN. This new career has gained me the bank account to afford clothing I actual like. And although I haven't the knowledge, background or even devotion to delve into these designers like many of you do. I truly enjoy reading your opinions and comprehension of fashion.

Thanks to those who make this site happen.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Welcome. We used to have an awesome member form Pittsburgh. Seventh, where are thou?...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Welcome. We used to have an awesome member form Pittsburgh. Seventh, where are thou?...
                              Perhaps it was someone involved with a store here called Moda. It's the only one in the city of worth. It still carries a decent selection by Raf, MMM, Helmut, etc. But sadly it's amount of D-Squared and Ed Hardy-esque gear has grown substantially over the years.

Comment

• jcotteri
                                • Jun 2008

a warm welcome everyone
                                WTB: This

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎