• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DRRRK
    • Aug 2009

Hello

Hi,

As I feel an addiction to SZ growing in the last couple of days I think I might as well introduce myself. My name is Dirk. I am an architect from Germany, whose creativity is turning more and more from buildings towards fashion. After the disappointments of the last two or three Raf Simons seasons my passion is now for Damir Doma, Rick Owens, The Viridi-Anne, Julius, Augusta, Guidi, etc. No wonder I can't get enough of SZ now.
    And please, for this one and future posts, excuse my english.

Comment

• khiev
      • Nov 2006

welcome drrk. and dont worry, english is a second language for many of us here.

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Marko View Post
        Yeah, I am doing an internship there now.
        Do you happen to know the boys at Brigade? I know Dan fairly well. I slang my jewelry there. Either way; welcome from one new guy to another.

Comment

• KodakII
          • Sep 2008

Aren't the owners of Brigade, co-owners of Wrath Arcane?

Comment

• imjustincognito
            • Aug 2009

Hi All,

I'm a 28 year old graphic designer living in Austin Texas. I stumbled across the site via another fashion/style related site and spent about an hour reading here and there. Lot's of good knowledge to take in here! Excited about participating.

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by KodakII View Post
              Aren't the owners of Brigade, co-owners of Wrath Arcane?
              One of them is. Brian. Dan seems to operate/manage Brigade for the most part. I believe he owns part of Brigade, but I'm not sure about W.A. He wasn't one of the founders. All great dudes, non-the-less.

Comment

• cda6
                • Aug 2009

Hello

Hello everyone,

I am so excited to have recently become a part of this site. A friend told me about this forum and as soon as I read the opening page I was hooked. I am an ex fashion model. I had a good modeling run in Tokyo, where because of my tattoos and look (i suppose) got to wear nothing but the Avant Guard. It was a dream come true. After becoming exremely familiar with those designers work, I spent almost everything I made modeling the week before I left Tokyo on Damir Doma, Ann Dem. and Comme des Garcons. i live in Vancouver, Canada. Thanks for reading, I look forward to continuing this dialogue between like minds for many years to come!
                "What Remains is Future..."

Comment

• LupinTheFourth
                  • Aug 2009

Introduction

Hello.

I'm a mid-twenties fashion student from Helsinki.
                  I actually came across this site, when I was browsing the web trying to find everything about Carol Christian Poell. :)
                  I was delighted that a site like this existed and liked the approach.
                  After some reading here and afterwards, remembering that this site existed, I registered.

I like designers, who have some "thought" behind.
                  modern man

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

is it noob week? i swear i don't recognize anybody here anymore.
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                      is it boob week? i swear i don't recognize anybody here anymore.
                      Fixed for you P-nods!!!!
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                        is it noob week? i swear i don't recognize anybody here anymore.
                        serously. you'd think you are in an introduce yourself thread...
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Ochre
                            • Sep 2009

My name is Mike. I'm 20 years old, live in Philadelphia, and am a graphic design student. I love design in all of its forms which is probably the main reason I'm attracted to fashion - designing for the body and self. Aside from being a designer I also consider myself an artist and actively make personal work in various mediums. Although I love fashion I will say that I have a deeper love for visual arts and music. Because of this, I'm not nearly as knowledgeable of fashion as some of you (which is why I'm here, and hope to learn) but I do like to think I possess a fairly large amount of information regarding the visual arts (especially Modern, Post-Modern, Contemporary, etc..) and Avant Garde music which I would be more than happy to discuss.

My style is limited by my student budget but I try my best. I like very tailored, slim fits and have just recently begun bringing larger, looser pieces into my outfits to contrast everything else I'm wearing. I adore simplicity and form and love that everyone basically sticks to neutrals here.

I'm a member of a few forums currently but have been members and moderators of countless before. I'm very familiar with how things work and I hope to be a positive influence in the group. (I also like how it seems people actually read the "Introduce Yourself" thread here).

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Welcome, Ohcre. I read your whole post, I swear! :-)
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ochre
                                • Sep 2009

Thanks (I believe you). I'm not usually long winded but first impressions are everything so better make them count, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎